Coaching Congrats Macho

Advertisement
I've had some inquiries...
But here's the thing...

College coaching is a full-time grind. There's almost no time off. When you're not coaching, you're recruiting.
Quality of life is extremely important to me.
So IMO it's not worth it unless you're going to be making a significant amount of money. That would rule out most smaller colleges. (which is likely where'd I'd have to start - biggest inquiry I've had so far is from Tennessee Martin)

Part of me thinks it would be better to obtain a high school coaching job at one of these high paying states like GA or Texas. You can make a significant amount of money, you're still coaching/developing actual kids instead of it being a business, AND you'll get TIME OFF to enjoy your life.

I mean...
You guys tell me what you think. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know this much...
Coaching HS ball in South Florida ain't it.
Not unless you get a really nice gig, and there's only so many schools in the state that can provide that.

I agree with you 100%

Take a Texas or GA gig to give us another "in" for recruiting 😜

Jokes aside, quality of life > anything else.

Was just looking at Crowley Texas last night.

164.jpg

Advertisement
But here's the thing...

College coaching is a full-time grind. There's almost no time off. When you're not coaching, you're recruiting.
So IMO it's not worth it unless you're going to be making a significant amount of money. That would rule out most smaller colleges. (which is likely where'd I'd have to start - biggest inquiry I've had so far is from Tennessee Martin)

Part of me thinks it would be better to obtain a high school coaching job at one of these high paying states like GA or Texas. You can make a significant amount of money, you're still coaching/developing actual kids instead of it being a business, AND you'll get TIME OFF to enjoy your life.

I mean...

I know this much...
Not unless you get a really nice gig, and there's only so many schools in the state that can provide that.
And here I am risking it all to move down to South Fla lol. In the end my fellow coach, you go where you find the most peace. I was hoping to run into you on the coaching scene pending a job inquiry I was looking into in Miami. Keep on doing what you do 🤙.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But here's the thing...

I mean...

I know this much...
Macho Man...

Money isn't everything, although no need to live like a monk.

If YOU feel that you can positively impact young men's lives at a crucial moment in time AND not live in poverty...

Maybe you already have your answer...

Advertisement
Don't go to Valdosta. The booster boys will come by the basement film room at 10pm on Sunday asking why you ran trap instead of counter

Advertisement
Back