Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

My man, Miami has never and will never have the money to compete with the state “schools” masquerading as colleges and universities.

CFB is a ******* farce and we need to all do our part and never watch a Bama/UGA/etc… game again until serious reform is introduced.
Maybe the Canes can’t spend like Bama, but I think they could come up with more money and choose not to. They spent $4M to rehire Manny from Temple. They spent $4M+ on Richt and increased staff salaries (wasn’t DL Coach Kul making $600K?). Perhaps they can’t afford extravagance but they chose to be cheap.

CFB is broken, agreed, and as I’ve posted, the only fix to start to approach some semblance of parity is scholarship reductions. No other way. I keep reading posts about coaching salary caps and administrative budget caps….all nonsense. How does the NFL maintain relative parity? Limiting player roster sizes and the money to spend on them. Give the worst teams first access to the best players coming out of college. Teams that end up with stacked rosters can’t resign them all and can’t maintain. Heck, a dynasty by NFL terms is 4, maybe 5 great years, and winning two SBs. Which rarely happens.

Advertisement
Personally, I don’t care. Richt was that “elite” coach. It’s not coaching, it’s the players that we can get. We are not getting 15-20 5 stars over the next 4 years unless we drop some big *** bags
Shhhhhhhhhhsh. There’s too many mouth breathers on here that will say otherwise

He left because his former wife created huge divisions in Tallahassee, and then they ****ed off a couple major supporters who started telling him “no” when he was asking for more “support.” It was as poisonous an environment up there as you could imagine. Jimbo created a pretext to cut bait and haul ***.

There's levels to this ****. FSU has real money. But certain SEC schools are on another level. A&M gave him the largest guaranteed contract in CFB history. He would never leave that job for MIA in a million yrs! It's astonishing to me, that this retarded fanbase has grown this delusional. Smh

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ys-wanted-more-florida-state-was-tired-giving

There wasn’t a search. Blake knew who he wanted , he played it his normal passive aggressively way. Just like how he handled highsmith, he wasn’t going to hire that guy, there’s no way he’d bring in a real alpha into the program. He just played it like it was possible , even having “ serious discussions“. Then hired Reed as a political move to cover up the stench left from the AH debacle.
I agree. I was being sarcastic.

Highsmith said **** off, I’m not reporting to you or asking permission to take actions. Rightfully so.

I get the feeling Reed isn’t digging this gig as much as he thought. But it’s free money, so f it.

Advertisement
By Alabama? With this roster? 10000%.

What a good coach would do, with this roster, is win 10-11 games and look competent doing it. Not multiple close wins or god forbid losses to plodding ACC Corstal teams.

The good news? That story has yet to be written. But if you think Hugh Freeze is taking Miami’s roster and not getting blown off the field by Alabama in Week 1 at a neutral site, you’re clueless and beyond help.
Once every three years yea they would. But those guys are duds and we’d still recruit the same way or worse. So where would we be then……right ******* back here.

look I’m no manny lover. I just know I can’t keep starting over. Every “next” coach won’t recruit top 5 classes which is what u need to really compete.

what a case study……UF ans Dan Mullen. Now what do u have to say…..show me how clueless I are

I hate quoting Barry but he drops quite the bomb. The bot and admin simply don't care.

2) Find a special coach who can lead this program from Top 15-to-25 caliber to something far greater.

I view that as unlikely.

UM’s Board of Trustees isn’t motivated to spend $10 million a year for an elite coach with championship pedigree. And even if the Hurricanes could land, say, a Jimbo Fisher, there’s no assurance he could make the Canes elite again.

The sense here is that the administration will stick with Manny Diaz - who’s in year three of a five-year deal - if he wins in the range of nine games a year and keeps UM generally in the top 25, regardless of whether the gap is closed with Alabama or not.

As one Board of Trustee member said, though some members have higher standards than simply being a borderline Top 20 program, president Julio Frenk isn’t a big sports fan and there’s little motivation internally to keep changing coaches until they find one to build UM back to top-five-in-the-country status.

Perhaps that view changes once a coach reaches the end of his contract; if Diaz goesn’t get an extension after year 3 or 4, that would be telling.

The Hurricanes simply aren’t going to spend the money on an Urban Meyer-type unless there’s a dramatic change in philosophy.

Its over boys.

Manny will get an extension for sure... throwing away good money is our athletic department's trademark.

I agree. I was being sarcastic.

Highsmith said **** off, I’m not reporting to you or asking permission to take actions. Rightfully so.

I get the feeling Reed isn’t digging this gig as much as he thought. But it’s free money, so f it.
Everything around UM is soft and passive aggressive. From the administration on down to the coaches. I’m not sure people there could handle a no bs, apha like AH or Mario for that matter.

Advertisement
Once every three years yea they would. But those guys are duds and we’d still recruit the same way or worse. So where would we be then……right ******* back here.

look I’m no manny lover. I just know I can’t keep starting over. Every “next” coach won’t recruit top 5 classes which is what u need to really compete.

what a case study……UF ans Dan Mullen. Now what do u have to say

I’m talking about this year. Right now. I still believe this is a good football team. It’s just nowhere near as good as Bama. But I think it’s better than anyone else we’ll play. If Manny is worth a ****, he’ll win 10 of the next 11, or more. If he doesn’t, he ain’t the guy. Cause this is the best team we’ve had in 10 years. We just got steamrolled by a juggernaut. But if the staff can’t get this roster to win most of our games in rather impressive fashion, they’re trash. Cause a great staff would win this division going away. I said it all off-season and nothing I saw Saturday changed my mind. There are no more Alabama’s on the schedule. Or anyone even on the same planet as them.

**** our administration doesn’t want to pay five. That’s why a booster stepped in and was willing to make Mario happen. But Blake said “ I got this “.

Mario is bs too.... Manny will stay unless someone on our BOT like the tomato guy has a kid who wants to coach football

Everything around UM is soft and passive aggressive. From the administration on down to the coaches. I’m not sure people there could handle a no bs, apha like AH or Mario for that matter.
Perhaps, it’s wishful thinking but after Coker, Randy, Golden, Richt and Diaz, they realize this isn’t working and try something different.

Advertisement
I’m talking about this year. Right now. I still believe this is a good football team. It’s just nowhere near as good as Bama. But I think it’s better than anyone else we’ll play. If Manny is worth a ****, he’ll win 10 of the next 11, or more. If he doesn’t, he ain’t the guy. Cause this is the best team we’ve had in 10 years. We just got steamrolled by a juggernaut. But if the staff can’t get this roster to win most of our games in rather impressive fashion, they’re trash. Cause a great staff would win this division going away. I said it all off-season and nothing I saw Saturday changed my mind. There are no more Alabama’s on the schedule. Or anyone even on the same planet as them.
This.

There’s lots of red flags that says we aren’t a well coached team but on talent we have a pretty big advantage most weeks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not the biggest Mario guy but he at least has the attitude abd understanding of the job. He’d have us looking like an sec school and playing with physicality. There would 100% be a toughness heee that we’ve lacked for years.

We already know he gets recruiting , he’s learned the game from the best. There’s also people that love the guy , he’d help with raising money and getting more backing for the program. If we hired him we’d saved the four million we paid Temple, we’d also have a coach with his buyout and contract paid for. Which allows big money for assistants. A great staff from top to bottom.

But Blake has to prove he’s a big boy, this was his decision. Which I can respect , that’s a ballsy move from a guy that comes off like a soft ****. It’s also the reason his career is depending on what MD does.
You nailed it Cribby. Blake is in ride or die status with Manny

If every game in ACC u have to worry about who has the coaching advantage we don't have the right coach.

Say what you will about him but his team is physical on both lines , have toughness and he recruits like a beast. Not the greatest game day coach but neither was butch
Could get behind Mario. Any chance now, or his buyout at Oregon too high (generally speaking, not by Miami cheap standards)?

Advertisement
Back