Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

Advertisement
The ONLY way we could be relevant is with playoff expansion and a few very lucky seasons under a better staph to get us in the 10-12 range and again with luck parlay that into more success and money. We won’t ever compete with oil money

Advertisement
The booster part is bs, there’s boosters that care and actually tried to help the program and the program did their own thing. Miami as an administration doesn’t view football like sec schools. Never have, never will. But they have no problem cashing the acc checks.

You guys realize that the only way to land a Jimbo Fisher on a huge contract is to promise him that we'll only spend even more money on staff and facilities, right?

Hiring an elite coach is only half the battle. Miami will NEVER chose to compete financially to become truly elite again.
FIFY

Advertisement
Personally, I don’t care. Richt was that “elite” coach. It’s not coaching, it’s the players that we can get. We are not getting 15-20 5 stars over the next 4 years unless we drop some big *** bags
I understand what you’re saying but Richt was not an “elite” coach, he was completely checked out and still got us ranked #2 in the country for a short period. It ended up being a fluke but that goes to show all you need is a competent coach here at Miami to make some noise, I mean c’mon we play in the fckin COASTAL!!! That’s what makes me the most frustrated, we continue to whiff left and right on HC’s. Obviously you need to recruit at a good level to succeed but being successful at Miami while playing in the ACC should be a walk in the park if we’re being real. This BOT is just so clueless and they don’t care which is just so infuriating.

The booster part is bs, there’s boosters that care and actually tried to help the program and the program did their own thing. Miami as an administration doesn’t view football like sec schools. Never have, never will. But they have no problem cashing the acc checks.
Then these boosters need to find allies on the BOT and work harder for a change. Start with the AD.

And, does any school in the ACC not named Clemson view football like the $EC?

Advertisement
Link the conversation…. I want to know the context…. was it Barry asking a BOT member after we just got crushed, and the answer was “if you think we’re paying a coach that Jimbo Fisher money, you’re ******* nuts” ???

Advertisement
The more negative coverage the school, BOT’s, and the President receive the better. Unfortunately, perception is more important than results by these ********. I know Barry is hated but he’s doing god work here.
Isn‘t Frenk on the hot seat? Or nearing the end of his contract, and out of favor because the school’s academic reputation has fallen?

Advertisement
Back