Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

I hate quoting Barry but he drops quite the bomb. The bot and admin simply don't care.

2) Find a special coach who can lead this program from Top 15-to-25 caliber to something far greater.

I view that as unlikely.

UM’s Board of Trustees isn’t motivated to spend $10 million a year for an elite coach with championship pedigree. And even if the Hurricanes could land, say, a Jimbo Fisher, there’s no assurance he could make the Canes elite again.

The sense here is that the administration will stick with Manny Diaz - who’s in year three of a five-year deal - if he wins in the range of nine games a year and keeps UM generally in the top 25, regardless of whether the gap is closed with Alabama or not.

As one Board of Trustee member said, though some members have higher standards than simply being a borderline Top 20 program, president Julio Frenk isn’t a big sports fan and there’s little motivation internally to keep changing coaches until they find one to build UM back to top-five-in-the-country status.

Perhaps that view changes once a coach reaches the end of his contract; if Diaz goesn’t get an extension after year 3 or 4, that would be telling.

The Hurricanes simply aren’t going to spend the money on an Urban Meyer-type unless there’s a dramatic change in philosophy.

Its over boys.
The funny part is we’ve probably spent just as much on buyouts, you’d think they’d be okay with increased revenue and popularity

Advertisement
**** our administration doesn’t want to pay five. That’s why a booster stepped in and was willing to make Mario happen. But Blake said “ I got this “.
exactly. to be honest thought Mario still loses alot of game he shouldn't. not sure he's the answer . Blake did it on the sneak when a certain someone was in Europe

The booster part is bs, there’s boosters that care and actually tried to help the program and the program did their own thing. Miami as an administration doesn’t view football like sec schools. Never have, never will. But they have no problem cashing the acc checks.
The stupid part on the admin's apathy is that there is a direct correlation between relevance in football and applications for admission. More applications means more competitive. More competitive means higher academic standing and more research money flowing the the school. Obviously it also typically leads to greater alumni involvement in both $ and participation in school building events.

Its just the moronic leading the blind in Coral Gables right now.

Advertisement
How does this help?

How does I’ll pay up for the Coach I want help?

Unless it was, I’ll pay up for the upper echelon coaching tier, we may be fixing a wound by cutting off the leg.
I’m not the biggest Mario guy but he at least has the attitude abd understanding of the job. He’d have us looking like an sec school and playing with physicality. There would 100% be a toughness heee that we’ve lacked for years.

We already know he gets recruiting , he’s learned the game from the best. There’s also people that love the guy , he’d help with raising money and getting more backing for the program. If we hired him we’d saved the four million we paid Temple, we’d also have a coach with his buyout and contract paid for. Which allows big money for assistants. A great staff from top to bottom.

But Blake has to prove he’s a big boy, this was his decision. Which I can respect , that’s a ballsy move from a guy that comes off like a soft ****. It’s also the reason his career is depending on what MD does.

Jimbo Fisher literally left the highest grossing school in the ACC in FSU, because he felt they weren't dedicated & invested enough in football, but he's going to somehow come to MIA?? LMAO
He left because his former wife created huge divisions in Tallahassee, and then they ****ed off a couple major supporters who started telling him “no” when he was asking for more “support.” It was as poisonous an environment up there as you could imagine. Jimbo created a pretext to cut bait and haul ***.

Advertisement
Isn‘t Frenk on the hot seat? Or nearing the end of his contract, and out of favor because the school’s academic reputation has fallen?
Supposedly his contract was up in August of 2020. I haven't heard anything new, but I don't know of anyone who's happy with his performance.

@TheOriginalCane, is there anything new?

exactly. to be honest thought Mario still loses alot of game he shouldn't. not sure he's the answer . Blake did it on the sneak when a certain someone was in Europe
As I’ve said i’m not the biggest Mario guy but I can guarantee you we’d be far more physical, tough and look the part. **** Butch was a god awful game coach but he surrounded himself with a great staff. We‘d been able to do that with Mario’s tab being picked up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There’s literally 5 teams that will do this….literally

I’m shocked ur shocked.
I mean we all knew it was true but to actually hear it from a member of the BOT is jarring.
What is true that there is only 5 teams willing to spend this kind of money or we’re not one of them?

nothing should be shocking at this point. I said it years ago money killed this sport and there’s only 4-5 teams a year that can win a natty

watch pretty soon, with the NIL, kids will have to pay for their schollys and the bennys that go with it

As I’ve said i’m not the biggest Mario guy but I can guarantee you we’d be far more physical, tough and look the part. **** Butch was a good awful game coach but he surrounded himself with a great staff. We‘d been able to do that with Mario’s tab being picked up.
The thought of Mario recruiting in Miami would make me take my pants off. The guy is an excellent recruiter and former player who was mentored, at one point, by Saban.

Advertisement
As I’ve said i’m not the biggest Mario guy but I can guarantee you we’d be far more physical, tough and look the part. **** Butch was a good awful game coach but he surrounded himself with a great staff. We‘d been able to do that with Mario’s tab being picked up.
that and Mario would recruit his *** off.

Lane Kiffen as I see people say scares me, he might be too much a party guy lol

Explains why the nationwide coach search lasted 6 hours.
There wasn’t a search. Blake knew who he wanted , he played it his normal passive aggressively way. Just like how he handled highsmith, he wasn’t going to hire that guy, there’s no way he’d bring in a real alpha into the program. He just played it like it was possible , even having “ serious discussions“. Then hired Reed as a political move to cover up the stench left from the AH debacle.

Those guys would get their **** pushed in like every one else bud. Keep thinking otherwise tho

By Alabama? With this roster? 10000%.

What a good coach would do, with this roster, is win 10-11 games and look competent doing it. Not multiple close wins or god forbid losses to plodding ACC Corstal teams.

The good news? That story has yet to be written. But if you think Hugh Freeze is taking Miami’s roster and not getting blown off the field by Alabama in Week 1 at a neutral site, you’re clueless and beyond help.

Advertisement
Back