Conference schedule only?

Advertisement
Testing won’t be a problem for UM. Nobody likes that fūcking swab deep in their nose, but that’s the price that will need to be paid. I would guess testing weekly during football season (all players/every week? probably not, but I don’t know), daily temp checks, health checks etc. They’ll have a system in place assuming the season is played. Seems like they’re doing things right currently.

Interesting to see how the NFL proceeds
Players are going to catch it. This entire plan will come down to a simple question: Are leagues/colleges willing to accept that some players will catch it and keep going with seasons? If they're not willing to accept that, then they might as well scrap the whole thing and wait till there's an effective vaccine/treatment.

Advertisement
Players are going to catch it. This entire plan will come down to a simple question: Are leagues/colleges willing to accept that some players will catch it and keep going with seasons? If they're not willing to accept that, then they might as well scrap the whole thing and wait till there's an effective vaccine/treatment.

They’ve already caught it, but I get what you’re saying, during the season, between games. If they havent already thought of this and gamed scenarios, then they’re not very smart.

There’s no way a smart person thinks that any team won’t have a player here or there that gets it, or more. If you’re not ready for that, then you’re right, there is no point.

They’ve already caught it, but I get what you’re saying, during the season, between games. If they havent already thought of this and gamed scenarios, then they’re not very smart.

There’s no way a smart person thinks that any team won’t have a player here or there that gets it, or more. If you’re not ready for that, then you’re right, there is no point.
I have a feeling no one is really planning. They're probably just hoping like they did when they decided to open bars, gyms and night clubs. And they'll likely shut it down as soon as a few players catch it. Either go in with the understanding that some players are definitely going to catch it and work around that, or fck it and don't waste everyone's time and energy.

Advertisement
I have a feeling no one is really planning. They're probably just hoping like they did when they decided to open bars, gyms and night clubs. And they'll likely shut it down as soon as a few players catch it. Either go in with the understanding that some players are definitely going to catch it and work around that, or fck it and don't waste everyone's time and energy.

Yeah I mean nobody knows what’s going to happen, but I know one thing for sure: players are going to catch it during the season, and if they don’t plan for that, then I got nothing.

1594176969047.png

UM BOT member throws the U up to Trump today:

Mr. President I don’t know about Alabama, but the University of Miami will play football this season.”

Talking up all these "options" seems to be not-very-productive. One more month is not going to make much of a difference. Sure, "Wagner" may have sub-standard protocols, but over 30 players at Clemson tested positive, so the protocols don't seem to be making a difference.

My opinion is that this will be all-or-nothing. Either we play this fall, or the whole thing moves to the spring. Half-measures are not really working.

No half-measures.

Most European soccer leagues made it work. They’re playing now and will finish their respective seasons.

It can be done.

Most European soccer leagues made it work. They’re playing now and will finish their respective seasons.

It can be done.
True.
However, there's a lot less personnel and players on a roster to worry about and they are grown professionals. The Leagues also have pretty good leadership (Football Associations) that monitor things in an organized fashion. It is one centralized body of authority and organization.

Conversely

These are a bunch of kids in college on large "roosters" with various levels of bureaucrats from University Athletic staff, University academic staff, NCAA head honchos , Conference officials and red tape, etc.
Each Conference has their own rules and regulations along with each University having their own safety protocols
It will not be as easy to get everyone on the same page nor will be as efficient and effective as soccer leagues.

:

Advertisement
Then there's no guarantee it'll be gone in 4 or 5 months either.

True. It's just a "kick the can down the road" date. I tend to believe that there is more "hope" that we'll be able to follow-through with an entire uninterrupted season if we kick the can 4-5 months, as opposed to 1 month.

Besides, on January 20th, President Biden will invoke the Defense Production Act to mass-produce testing kits, and will require masks nationwide, so by February 2021, we should start to flatten the curve again.

It can be done.

Again, there is a big differential between pro sports leagues and college conferences. There is a huge disparity even among Division I-A conferences, not to mention Division I-AA and Division II.

Advertisement
No one else has been able to explain it, but can you explain how playing conference games lessens the risk? I don't think the VID knows the difference between conference and non-conference games. It's truly nonsense for supposedly intelligent bureaucrats at schools to be considering this sort of arrangement, if they are.

Either play the season or postpone it indefinitely. Playing Temple isn't going to be any more or less dangerous than playing UNC.
It doesn't lesson the risk. It just that if they have to delay the start and shorten the season to like 8 games, the decision point becomes who are the important games they want to retain. Most ADs would say the conference opponents.

It doesn't lesson the risk. It just that if they have to delay the start and shorten the season to like 8 games, the decision point becomes who are the important games they want to retain. Most ADs would say the conference opponents.
Why would they have to shorten the season? If they delay the start of the season, then just play the whole season starting a little later.

I don't see why we should have any problems filling the stadium with fans. Just invite trump to all the home games and tell his they're rallies...

Advertisement
Back