Conference schedule only?

Advertisement
That sucks. After last season I was hoping for the more traditional schedule with a couple G5 schools before the meat. We played our toughest two opponents during our first two games last season.

Advertisement
Not sure about a guy who has Navy speak tweets. No offense to servicemen and women.

Talking up all these "options" seems to be not-very-productive. One more month is not going to make much of a difference. Sure, "Wagner" may have sub-standard protocols, but over 30 players at Clemson tested positive, so the protocols don't seem to be making a difference.

My opinion is that this will be all-or-nothing. Either we play this fall, or the whole thing moves to the spring. Half-measures are not really working.

No half-measures.

Advertisement
I could see the smaller schools drop off but no excuse for MSU or Temple. They should be able to test up to whatever standards the ACC is. Wagners of the world will drop off schedules, doubt large ooc games do.

Advertisement
Speaking of Clemson, does anyone know if they are still in "voluntary workouts?" I believe they were "off" last weekend but I saw mention of Clemson shutting down the voluntary stuff due to all the positive tests in an article last night . I hadn't heard they did that so I wondered if it was accurate.

Advertisement
Honestly I would rather wait an push the season back a little to play the full schedule. But I can understand if the season isn't pushed back an we only have the conference games. Either way I just want to have a football season.

Honestly I would rather wait an push the season back a little to play the full schedule. But I can understand if the season isn't pushed back an we only have the conference games. Either way I just want to have a football season.

It's pretty apparent that non-conference games are hanging on by a thread, at absolute best. I expect they almost universally will not be played and our best case scenario is rapidly trending towards conference games only with very little or probably no fans.

It's pretty apparent that non-conference games are hanging on by a thread, at absolute best. I expect they almost universally will not be played and our best case scenario is rapidly trending towards conference games only with very little or probably no fans.
No one else has been able to explain it, but can you explain how playing conference games lessens the risk? I don't think the VID knows the difference between conference and non-conference games. It's truly nonsense for supposedly intelligent bureaucrats at schools to be considering this sort of arrangement, if they are.

Either play the season or postpone it indefinitely. Playing Temple isn't going to be any more or less dangerous than playing UNC.

No one else has been able to explain it, but can you explain how playing conference games lessens the risk? I don't think the VID knows the difference between conference and non-conference games. It's truly nonsense for supposedly intelligent bureaucrats at schools to be considering this sort of arrangement, if they are.

Either play the season or postpone it indefinitely. Playing Temple isn't going to be any more or less dangerous than playing UNC.

Nobody can explain it because you and I both know it doesn't make any sense at all. But it is what it is. I think we talked about this in another thread, but the only thing I can come up with that could possibly be spun into making sense is it just delays the start of the season for a month.

Now, if you think things will be different on 10/1 compared to 9/1, I'd love some of what you're smoking. But I think this is just one of those things that always happens with stories this big. I think the people who make the decisions are probably thinking, deep down, that we're not going to be able to do this. Right or wrong, it's just probably not going to happen. So, because people are moronic and panicky in general, they give out small morsels at a time. This no OOC game nonsense just buys them another month until everything is inevitably blown apart.

Advertisement
Back