MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Holy ****… if that chart of rivalry game viewership is right then no wonder BIG/SEC don’t seem to want us. Our rivalry with FSU is irrelevant and we only appear twice near the bottom of the list. Ouch.
We have a rivalry with UNC??? Am I the only one who didn’t know this?

Advertisement
Look, I'm not gonna hate on the original complaint. Particularly if they were working on it AND THEN found out that the ACC was running to court one day early to claim "first to file".

**** all that. I'm happy that F$U is getting it right, even if it takes a couple of amendments.
I’m not ragging on the length or argument. It was fine enough. I was disappointed in the embarrassing spelling and grammatical errors. I expected more from Greenberg. That would not have gone over so well back in my BigLaw days.

We have a rivalry with UNC??? Am I the only one who didn’t know this?

Winner gets a Jordan Brand contract...

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Well, @NorthernVirginiaCane told me the GOR was IRONCLAD and IRREVOCABLE and that ACC teams wouldn't be going anywhere until the mid-2030s...
Lol. Greenberg Traurig is a good firm. I clerked at their Lauderdale office. But ACC is not going to settle and nobody is going anywhere until 2030. I never said mid 2030s.

I don't follow the fsu and clemson to big ten rumors like you guys do, and certainly not of the rest of the ACC, but I don't see how anybody grows the pie large enough to get a full share. The schools that did that were texas, usc and Notre Dame. And I don't see the point of taking a half share instead of fixing the acc if possible.

So who knows. You certainly do not. But if I had to guess, I would guess that ESPN extends, the case in north carolina finishes first (even the double Nole is pushing mediation), And eventually the ACC reforms by kicking out wake/bc. But I don't see any of that happening until 2030.

Advertisement
Sure someone asked but after watching Pate's take on this, what is the possibility the Big 12 takes all the top schools from the ACC and get more money to say we got a big 3? I said it long before The PAC disintegrated, i rather go Big 10. We get the financial clout and less resistance on our way up. The SEC is a viper's nest. I dont expect them to ever treat us fairly.

Lol. Greenberg Traurig is a good firm. I clerked at their Lauderdale office. But ACC is not going to settle and nobody is going anywhere until 2030. I never said mid 2030s.

I don't follow the fsu and clemson to big ten rumors like you guys do, and certainly not of the rest of the ACC, but I don't see how anybody grows the pie large enough to get a full share. The schools that did that were texas, usc and Notre Dame. And I don't see the point of taking a half share instead of fixing the acc if possible.

So who knows. You certainly do not. But if I had to guess, I would guess that ESPN extends, the case in north carolina finishes first (even the double Nole is pushing mediation), And eventually the ACC reforms by kicking out wake/bc. But I don't see any of that happening until 2030.
if you said 2036 you would at least be consistent and based on the theoretical contract. if you said 2027, you would at least be dealing with the ESPN option date. 2030 has absolutely no presence in either, so you're just making it up in that case based on.......

You are such a bull****ter.

1716375061474.png

if you said 2036 you would at least be consistent and based on the theoretical contract. if you said 2027, you would at least be dealing with the ESPN option date. 2030 has absolutely no presence in either, so you're just making it up in that case based on.......

Exactly. He said "2032 or so". He was soooo kind to pick a random couple of years "early", because, you know, the GOR is so IRONCLAD and IRREVOCABLE and all.

He's going to try to argue that "2032 or so" isn't "mid-2030s", while he tries to round his initial claim down to 2030. Meanwhile "2032 or so" is really 2032-2036, from an accuracy standpoint.

The facts are simple. He doesn't have a reason for picking 2030 or 2032, outside of the year being a relative midpoint between 2027 and 2036. He tells us how ironclad the GOR is, but then gives no rationale for why we'd get out of it 4 years early or 6 years early.

Sadly, @NorthernVirginiaCane knows nothing but posts his wild-*** guesses with great confidence. This is the guy who writes "enforceability opinions" but who told us that the ACC had an unassailable position...right before the ACC started losing every substantive legal argument in multiple courtrooms (and I'm not talking about the "first-to-file" nonsense in their home North Carolina court).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sure someone asked but after watching Pate's take on this, what is the possibility the Big 12 takes all the top schools from the ACC and get more money to say we got a big 3? I said it long before The PAC disintegrated, i rather go Big 10. We get the financial clout and less resistance on our way up. The SEC is a viper's nest. I dont expect them to ever treat us fairly.
I agree, I live in SEC Country and I would love to be able to see Miami play closer to me more often. BUT...I don't think the SEC would treat us fairly in any way shape or form

According to this, Miami is the third highest spending university IN THE COUNTRY on football. Behind only Alabama and FSU.... and FSU's spending is mostly on stadium repairs and buyouts for fired coaches. Miami outspent any team in the Big10, every team in the SEC except Alabama, and of course any team in the Big 12.

Our investment in football matters. And that's not even talking about NIL, which you can tell by how we are recruiting is also very competitive.

This tells you two things. A.) Miami is attractive. Conferences want schools that want to invest in their football, especially conferences where it just means more. What better way to show how much it means than spending big on it? B.) Miami is not sleeping. No way Miami admin is spending $74M on football each year and then just blowing in the wind with the conference realignment stuff, when you're that invested then you're also attentive.

1716385312232.png

Advertisement

What a passive-aggressive little *****, mentioning "particularly outside the SEC and Big 10".

This Hummer guy is from Texas, and Texas JUUUUST joined the SEC. Before that, they were in the incredibly poorly-run Big 12.

This ****head should not be acting like the UNIVERSITIES were these poorly-run businesses. It was the business model OF THE ENTIRE NCAA to not pay for labor, and that includes TEXAS.

And the infusion of capital is not to "remain competitive", but to pay the NCAA settlement and insure ON A GOING-FORWARD BASIS that payments will be made, when each university's business model is not currently set up to absorb another $30 million per year in the blink of an eye.

But, yeah, sneer at everyone because you're from Texas, which only has such surpluses because UT is the flagship school in the second-largest state in the country.

What a passive-aggressive little *****, mentioning "particularly outside the SEC and Big 10".

This Hummer guy is from Texas, and Texas JUUUUST joined the SEC. Before that, they were in the incredibly poorly-run Big 12.

This ****head should not be acting like the UNIVERSITIES were these poorly-run businesses. It was the business model OF THE ENTIRE NCAA to not pay for labor, and that includes TEXAS.

And the infusion of capital is not to "remain competitive", but to pay the NCAA settlement and insure ON A GOING-FORWARD BASIS that payments will be made, when each university's business model is not currently set up to absorb another $30 million per year in the blink of an eye.

But, yeah, sneer at everyone because you're from Texas, which only has such surpluses because UT is the flagship school in the second-largest state in the country.
He's just ****ed about what private equity did to Red Lobster. He's just butthurt about no more endless shrimp and cheddar bay biscuits.

Somebody needs to tell him they aren't going to sell the land under Doak and then lease it back for an exorbitant amount.

He's just ****ed about what private equity did to Red Lobster. He's just butthurt about no more endless shrimp and cheddar bay biscuits.

Somebody needs to tell him they aren't going to sell the land under Doak and then lease it back for an exorbitant amount.

Having lived in Orlando for most of my life, I know quite a few people who work(ed) in corporate for both Red Lobster and Darden (former owner of Red Lobster, still owner of Olive Garden, LongHorn, Ruth's Chris, Capital Grille, Bahama Breeze, YardHouse, Cheddars, etc.).

That spinoff of Red Lobster was a DISASTER. Incredibly stupid.

But I'd find it HILARIOUS if the F$U Athletic Department had to file for bankruptcy a few years after getting involved with private equity...

According to this, Miami is the third highest spending university IN THE COUNTRY on football. Behind only Alabama and FSU.... and FSU's spending is mostly on stadium repairs and buyouts for fired coaches. Miami outspent any team in the Big10, every team in the SEC except Alabama, and of course any team in the Big 12.

Our investment in football matters. And that's not even talking about NIL, which you can tell by how we are recruiting is also very competitive.

This tells you two things. A.) Miami is attractive. Conferences want schools that want to invest in their football, especially conferences where it just means more. What better way to show how much it means than spending big on it? B.) Miami is not sleeping. No way Miami admin is spending $74M on football each year and then just blowing in the wind with the conference realignment stuff, when you're that invested then you're also attentive.

View attachment 290164
Not disputing this but just fyi Miami number also includes buyout payments and tax true ups as part of Mario leaving from Oregon.

Advertisement
Back