MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Is this guy legit?

No he is not. I know who he is, we are from the same small hometown. He’s a fraud. Even where his Twitter says he is from is a lie. He literally lives a mile from me which is 150 miles from Baltimore.

I LOL’d when I saw his name on a tweet here. He ran a decent site back in the day but like his football “career” he’s stuck back in the 80s. He was on FSU team in the 80s but never played.

In every way he’s tried to portray that he’s more important than he actually is. Very chefcane-like for the vets here.

He’s so dumb that he had a business that he started taken from him by his hand picked investor and now being sued by said business.

SMU had boosters say they would more than make up for the money lost by giving up shares. Oregon has a sugar daddy multi billionaire who will make up any lost money. From 2005-2023 UW was ranked #22 in total donations to athletics- ahead of Penn State. They might hurt a little but have tremendous fundraising. Do you think we have a donor base that will make up for the shortfall? If Penn State is getting 90 million per year (not including donations) and we are getting zero shares for 5 years because we are desperate to join the P2 (like SMU with ACC), how exactly are we going to be competitive ? I’m not saying that makes the Big12 a better option, but if the B1G lowballs us (which it can), and offers us 25% shares for 5 years but gives FSU full shares, we have no chance of being competitive in the conference other than having exceptional coaching. And well…
But CIS fans will scream that we are missing the boat. They want zero dollars and be fully competitive at the same time. Bad business owners..

Advertisement
But CIS fans will scream that we are missing the boat. They want zero dollars and be fully competitive at the same time. Bad business owners..

They think the question is as simple as B1G vs Big 12, so it’s a no brainer. Problem is even the optimists understand we wouldn’t get a full share in the B1G to start. There is no point in fielding a football program if the B1G gives us the SMU-like deal and lowballs an offer of 25% for five years.

First, we might as well fold the program for 5 years and then start it again when we get full shares. It would be impossible to even keep up with a team like Indiana if we got 25%. And that conference money funds other sports, so say good bye to every non revenue sport.

Second, it would be beyond embarrassing to accept 25% shares to join them. FSU gets full shares and we get 25%? Yeah I’m sure recruits are really going to be interested in a school that basically got on its knees and promised to swallow if the B1G lets us join the conference. Have some f#cking self respect.

We are the University of Miami. We aren’t taking partial shares like some third rate program. No inside info, just a gut feeling that pride is going to play a role in this and the people in charge would rather take full shares in the Big 12 over partial shares in the B1G because the B1G offer of partial shares will be viewed as an insult.

They think the question is as simple as B1G vs Big 12, so it’s a no brainer. Problem is even the optimists understand we wouldn’t get a full share in the B1G to start. There is no point in fielding a football program if the B1G gives us the SMU-like deal and lowballs an offer of 25% for five years.

First, we might as well fold the program for 5 years and then start it again when we get full shares. It would be impossible to even keep up with a team like Indiana if we got 25%. And that conference money funds other sports, so say good bye to every non revenue sport.

Second, it would be beyond embarrassing to accept 25% shares to join them. FSU gets full shares and we get 25%? Yeah I’m sure recruits are really going to be interested in a school that basically got on its knees and promised to swallow if the B1G lets us join the conference. Have some f#cking self respect.

We are the University of Miami. We aren’t taking partial shares like some third rate program. No inside info, just a gut feeling that pride is going to play a role in this and the people in charge would rather take full shares in the Big 12 over partial shares in the B1G because the B1G offer of partial shares will be viewed as an insult.

We have to OWN that we are fifth best program AVAILABLE. Suck it up taking free trial for B10 then BEAT THEM ON THE FIELD. We will move up the RANKINGS. We will get FULL SHARE after five years. Have to THINK LONG TERM.

How’s mastec and Watsco STOCK doing? They can finance FOOTBALL. rest we can finance with PE

Advertisement

I agree with some of what you wrote. Miami won't go the SMU route of receiving no TV money for 7 years from the Big 10 and there is a floor as to what percentage share they would accept from the Big 10. However, I do think they would take less than what they would get as a Big 12 member (within reason) for a few years in exchange for being part of the P2 with the greater opportunity to get in the playoff and higher $$$ outlay from the playoff.

And recruits wouldn't give 2 ***** how Miami got into the P2, just as long as they're in the P2. They want the best opportunity to get to the league (that's as a P2 athlete) and the NIL money. They don't care how Miami got into the P2, just that they are there.

Why do you focus on "25%" as what UM would be offered as a partial share? Simply to support your "B12 is better" agenda?

A 50% share for 3 years, with a performance clause, might be more realistic. EDIT: In fact THAT is the figure used by Flo .. 50%. If Miami starts in the B10 in 2026, a 50% share in the B10 will be approximately $40M, and by 2029 $50M. THEN you add the CFP payout to that figure. For a 3 year period. The B10 CFP payout is, I believe, double what the B12 is slated to be. That would put the UM media money well over the B12 number PLUS you are IN the B10, playing Michigan, USC, Ohio State, on national TV, building your brand, and attracting recruits ... rather than playing low tier schools, with 2 star players, on a streaming app.

It is unlikely that Miami, or possibly even FSU, begins play IN a new conference prior to 2026, regardless of when their departure plan is announced. IF Miami can make the CFP this year, and repeat as a 10+ winning program in 2025, that is more ammunition for maybe a 75% or full share. That is the way the negotiations should go at this time. Worse case 50%, based on performance over the next 2 seasons, 75% - Full share. The Big 12 is a death sentence for the program. The Big 12 WILL NOT be able to attract 4-5 star players even close to the current level, and it is WAY behind the SEC, B10, and current ACC (because of the players FSU, Clemson, and Miami have brought in).

Last edited:
Why do you focus on "25%" as what UM would be offered as a partial share? Simply to support your "B12 is better" agenda?

A 50% share for 3 years, with a performance clause, might be more realistic. If Miami starts in the B10 in 2026, a 50% share in the B10 will be approximately $40M, and by 2029 $50M. THEN you add the CFP payout to that figure. For a 3 year period. The B10 CFP payout is, I believe, double what the B12 is slated to be. That would put the UM media money well over the B12 number PLUS you are IN the B10, playing Michigan, USC, Ohio State, on national TV, building your brand, and attracting recruits ... rather than playing low tier schools, with 2 star players, on a streaming app.

It is unlikely that Miami, or possibly even FSU, begins play IN a new conference prior to 2026, regardless of when their departure plan is announced. IF Miami can make the CFP this year, and repeat as a 10+ winning program in 2025, that is more ammunition for maybe a 75% or full share. That is the way the negotiations should go at this time. Worse case 50%, based on performance over the next 2 seasons, 75% - Full share. The Big 12 is a death sentence for the program. The Big 12 WILL NOT be able to attract 4-5 star players even close to the current level, and it is WAY behind the SEC, B10, and current ACC (because of the players FSU, Clemson, and Miami have brought in).

I went with 25% as an example of being lowballed. ACC gave SMU 0% so it’s not unprecedented . Tell me- why didn’t the ACC give SMU more? Because it could offer zero and knew they had to accept it out of desperation. What’s the B1Gs incentive to offer even 50%? There are a bunch of posters here that are saying we should be willing to take zero to join the P2 because it’s an issue of survival. Conferences are a business.

Ferengi Third Rule of Acquisition: Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to.

And again- I don’t like how you are characterizing my views. It’s a weak debate strategy to create strawmen. Im not saying the Big12 is better. What I’m saying is if the Big 12 offer is full shares and it comes out to more than the B1Gs offer because the B1G lowballs us, pride is a powerful motivator.

I went with 25% as an example of being lowballed. ACC gave SMU 0% so it’s not unprecedented . Tell me- why didn’t the ACC give SMU more? Because it could offer zero and knew they had to accept it out of desperation. What’s the B1Gs incentive to offer even 50%? There are a bunch of posters here that are saying we should be willing to take zero to join the P2 because it’s an issue of survival. Conferences are a business.

And again- I don’t like how you are characterizing my views. It’s a weak debate strategy to create strawmen. Im not saying the Big12 is better. What I’m saying is if the Big 12 offer is full shares and it comes out to more than the B1Gs offer because the B1G lowballs us, pride is a powerful motivator.
Maybe because they knew their biggest revenue generators were interested in leaving.

Advertisement
Maybe because they knew their biggest revenue generators were interested in leaving.

Yes- so if UNC and Clemson go SEC, and FSU and ND go B1G, and nearly all the ACC's biggest revenue generators leave, what leverage does Miami have to demand even 50% for the B1G? No one disputes that the SEC is uninterested in UM, so we only have one dance partner compared to the other schools that are wanted by both P2. Again, before everyone gets butthurt and says I'm a traitor who thinks UM has no value- this is simply a question of negotiating leverage.

Yes- so if UNC and Clemson go SEC, and FSU and ND go B1G, and nearly all the ACC's biggest revenue generators leave, what leverage does Miami have to demand even 50% for the B1G? No one disputes that the SEC is uninterested in UM, so we only have one dance partner compared to the other schools that are wanted by both P2. Again, before everyone gets butthurt and says I'm a traitor who thinks UM has no value- this is simply a question of negotiating leverage.
In your scenario, who would be the ACC's highest revenue generator once those teams left? The smaller the pond gets, the bigger we look.

The whole thing is quickly approaching a holy **** moment.

"the House v. NCAA case could be settled as soon as May 23, according to CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd. The settlement will likely put schools on the hook for a new revenue-sharing model with players that will cost between $15 million and $25 million per year."

There's going to be chaos. That 25 million number is going to increase every year. Athletic departments are not as profitable as you'd think. They're going to have to cut multiple sports. Title IX is going to end up being a flashpoint. Then there's the inevitable equal pay debate. Should women's sports be paid the same as men's?

Point is.. We have to be in the P2 if we want to survive what's coming. We can't just go hangout in the Big 12 for 5 years like it's a paid vacation.

Enough with the contrarian bull****.

Advertisement
In your scenario, who would be the ACC's highest revenue generator once those teams left? The smaller the pond gets, the bigger we look.

Let's pretend you are UM, I'm the B1G commissioner. The three biggest revenue generators go to the P2, and UM is the only one left in the ACC. What's your best argument for convincing me to give you 50% shares now and 100% shares in 3 years, as opposed to offering you 0% shares for five years and 50% shares for the 5 years after that as I know you are out of options?

Let's pretend you are UM, I'm the B1G commissioner. The three biggest revenue generators go to the P2, and UM is the only one left in the ACC. What's your best argument for convincing me to give you 50% shares now and 100% shares in 3 years, as opposed to offering you 0% shares for five years and 50% shares for the 5 years after that as I know you are out of options?
Are you under the impression that there's a bidding war for FSU, Clemson, and UNC?

Let's use that exact same scenario with any 3 of the 4 teams leaving and the 1 being left. I know it's fun to **** on Miami, but let's not pretend we're Syracuse here.

Let's pretend you are UM, I'm the B1G commissioner. The three biggest revenue generators go to the P2, and UM is the only one left. What's your best argument for convincing me to give you 50% shares now and 100% shares in 3 years, as opposed to offering you 0% shares for five years and 50% shares for the 5 years after that as I know you are out of options?
B10 does want to expand and Miami DOES offer a lot of value in market, currently 3rd most viewed program in the ACC over the past 20 years, currently the 3rd rated team in the ACC with "games viewed by 4 million and over viewers" for that same period. Miami is a rival of FSU, has a history of rivalry with Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, and for OOC scheduling ND vs Miami is a ratings monster. There is also the fact that Miami is AAU accredited and (according to articles I have read) is desired by several of the Big 10 presidents. Throw in the recruiting and the prospect that by bringing in Miami the national B10 could over take the SEC. I believe it will be 2026 before teams are added regardless of when they declare their intention to leave the ACC, so that gives us THIS season ... and 2025 to demonstrate that "Miami is back ... to some degree", which WILL HELP. And ... Miami isn't "out of options" as you have pointed out repeatedly ... there is always the B12 ... and I believe the B10 would ONLY want to bring in new members who receive enough $$$ to be able to have sufficient income to invest and be relevant.

B10 does want to expand and Miami DOES offer a lot of value in market, currently 3rd most viewed program in the ACC over the past 20 years, currently the 3rd rated team in the ACC with "games viewed by 4 million and over viewers" for that same period. Miami is a rival of FSU, has a history of rivalry with Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, and for OOC scheduling ND vs Miami is a ratings monster. There is also the fact that Miami is AAU accredited and (according to articles I have read) is desired by several of the Big 10 presidents. Throw in the recruiting and the prospect that by bringing in Miami the national B10 could over take the SEC. I believe it will be 2026 before teams are added regardless of when they declare their intention to leave the ACC, so that gives us THIS season ... and 2025 to demonstrate that "Miami is back ... to some degree", which WILL HELP. And ... Miami isn't "out of options" as you have pointed out repeatedly ... there is always the B12 ... and I believe the B10 would ONLY want to bring in new members who receive enough $$$ to be able to have sufficient income to invest and be relevant.
That's crazy talk. Don't you know we're irrelevant and have sucked for 20 years?

Advertisement
Back