MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Talking **** , with not much to be able to retort with .
Just For Laughs Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Advertisement
Absolutely and that’s my point. It’s not just about football.

The fact that FIU's law school has only been accredited for 5 years and has a better reputation now than UM law at 1/10 the cost, goes to show that Frenk's entire tenure across the board has been an unmitigated disaster. But he's still not ultimately to blame- the BOT picked him. The BOT has destroyed both the academics and athletic programs of the school. I wouldn't be surprised if the BOT meeting minutes show that they spend 2 minutes actually talking about improving UM, and 58 minutes smelling their own farts.

Advertisement
Rad is cut from the same cloth as Beta Blake. I think at the end of the day neither are very intelligent or self-critical.

I don't get others' notions around "keeping a good image" towards the ACC or they'll sue us: A pre-emptive lawsuit for opining pessimistically? So the ACC will sue us for slander? OK.

I just hope ACC-cuk Rad is up to the task, and shopping both P2, because if one knows the other won't take, I assume the B10 will consider exclusion for the sake of facilitating all their schools recruiting S FL talent.

Advertisement
Rad is cut from the same cloth as Beta Blake. I think at the end of the day neither are very intelligent or self-critical.

I don't get others' notions around "keeping a good image" towards the ACC or they'll sue us: A pre-emptive lawsuit for opining pessimistically? So the ACC will sue us for slander? OK.

I just hope ACC-cuk Rad is up to the task, and shopping both P2, because if one knows the other won't take, I assume the B10 will consider exclusion for the sake of facilitating all their schools recruiting S FL talent.
Nothing to do with slander, they are suing clemson over specific comments around GOR/Media rights as part of their countersuit. No one said you couldn't say anything but publicly commenting in a negative way on certain things is the concern. Doesn't mean for example that Dan had to say a word or not or go as effusive in his bs praise. You're missing the point tbh. Notd defending, explaining. Doesn't mean ACC will win either.

If I didn’t care about the program, this thread could end up being comedic gold…a top 5 thread in CIS history full of definitive statements and incessant peacocking, except it would mean the death of Miami football itself.

But as for the actual lawsuit at hand, anyone get the sense FSU certainly has the upper hand here?

If I didn’t care about the program, this thread could end up being comedic gold…a top 5 thread in CIS history full of definitive statements and incessant peacocking, except it would mean the death of Miami football itself.

But as for the actual lawsuit at hand, anyone get the sense FSU certainly has the upper hand here?

Not really. I think the FSU cheerleader lawyer giving the play by play is in full spin mode. Right from the start, the judge asked FSU's lawyer why the Florida court system is the correct place to decide what happens to a North Carolina-based business like the ACC. The FSU lawyer claimed it should be in Florida because FSU has sovereign immunity (basically that since FSU is a state-funded university it can't be sued by the ACC without consent from the state of Florida, so the case should be settled in Florida). Again, this is just my opinion, but I don't think a North Carolina judge is going to like FSU pulling a "sovereign immunity" claim on a North Carolina business. Their are certain legal terms/arguments that register very, very, very high on a judge's bull**** meter. Sovereign immunity is one of those terms. FSU is essentially saying it is immune to any and all litigation unless the Florida state government allows the school to be sued. Wow.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not really. I think the FSU cheerleader lawyer giving the play by play is in full spin mode. Right from the start, the judge asked FSU's lawyer why the Florida court system is the correct place to decide what happens to a North Carolina-based business like the ACC. The FSU lawyer claimed it should be in Florida because FSU has sovereign immunity (basically that since FSU is a state-funded university it can't be sued by the ACC without consent from the state of Florida, so the case should be settled in Florida). Again, this is just my opinion, but I don't think a North Carolina judge is going to like FSU pulling a "sovereign immunity" claim on a North Carolina business. Their are certain legal terms/arguments that register very, very, very high on a judge's bull**** meter. Sovereign immunity is one of those terms. FSU is essentially saying it is immune to any and all litigation unless the Florida state government allows the school to be sued. Wow.
Judge isn’t going to grant FSUs MTD. I’d be absolutely shocked. The ACC had a pretty good argument on standing and venue.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back