MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

doubt that tbh - could equally mean voted in favor of having a meeting to hear what they should have been told prior to initial filing, not necessarily voting to sue FSU. a second reading could be voting in favor of the amendment for other reasons related to bylaws
IMG_3928.jpeg

Very different info in the article compared to the tweet. Seems we approved holding a meeting on the subject, not anything else.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sorry doom-and-gloomers, but Miami is going to the B1G with ND.

FSU and Clemson have been tied at the hip on this matter since Day 1 despite some folks feverishly insisting UM and Clemson were working side by side because of DanRad.

FSU and Clemson and whoever else are going to the SEC. We'll less contentiously head out the back door once the ship starts to sink.

The whole thing is 100% scripted: Sankey, Petitti, ESPN and FOX are in alignment

Advertisement
Not going to lie, this ****es me off if true, even if at the end of the day it doesn't matter- but being fair who knows that it isn't signaling something.

No ALL THAT BULL**** from posters here in this thread for months saying how UM had everything all set and the Big10 would be clamoring for UM all seems to be typical bull**** from know-nothings. Rado seemingly has his **** in his hand doing nothing.

Advertisement
No ALL THAT BULL**** from posters here in this thread for months saying how UM had everything all set and the Big10 would be clamoring for UM all seems to be typical bull**** from know-nothings. Rado seemingly has his **** in his hand doing nothing.

Patience, mi amigo.

We're playing the good soldier role, but that doesn't change that we're getting the heck out when the time is right.

Just because the entire SEC (leadership, school administrators and fans) and UM (administration and many supporters) are not enamored with one another doesn't mean the Canes aren't going to the other remaining power conference.

You shall see ...

Karate Kid GIF

Last edited:
@FL Cane already debunked that tweet (hint: read the article) but maybe for you is better to ***** first instead of reading a couple of page in this thread.

From what I have read in the last few pages is this…
FSU and Clemson will likely bounce once these proceedings start to take off (discovery/venue rulings should tip everyone off as to how that will play out).

That said, ACC definitely sees itself as a conference long term, and they appear to have 6 teams committed (hence the “vote” to move forward with the countersuit against FSU). Pretty sure they think they will be able to cobble together a conference that is considered on par with B12. Not so sure about that, but that’s the feeling I’m getting and probably why the voted for the new distribution model recently.

What is still not known. ND and UNC. I think eventually when FSU/Clemson settle, UNC will be granted right to leave as well as they have a definite home in the P2 right now. The choice would be up to UNC with full shares guaranteed from jump. If NC State has to go, then I think SEC, but if on its own, the B1G becomes a more viable option.

ND wants to stay independent. As long as the current voted on model stays in place (3 guaranteed spots for P2, 2 guarantted spots for ACC/B12, there is no urgency for ND to dip right now, as long as the ACC can keep enough teams to retain their quotas. Stanford and Cal will be the bait the ACC uses to keep ND from moving onto B1G. Money won’t be a driving factor for ND. The only thing that could sway ND is the ability to gain a playoff bye, and if the format is 14 or 16 teams, ND won’t feel like it is missing out.

And if ND isn’t going to B1G in the near future, than I’m not sure where Miami has a home RIGHT NOW… Maybe in the 2030s or when ND finally feels like it needs to join a conference, but otherwise the crystal balls are definitely not saying anything is imminent behind closed doors.

And watch Miami file a lawsuit next week and make all this moot. lol.

Advertisement
dont agree with you but I get the feeling

Advertisement
Back