MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
The fact that this genetics guy gets posted here so often is exactly why this guy does this. It's not about being right or wrong anymore, it's about driving traffic. The news has gone the same way. It's terrible for society.

Genetics has genuine connections to Nebraska and some big 10 network people but the moment he starts talking about anything besides the tiny nuggets he’s gotten from them, he’s just mixing and matching various online rumors and then padding them out with a bunch of bull****.

Everyone knows the main football teams in the acc wants out and why but he keeps posting it like it’s a revelation

I don't know how much these numbers can be trusted but being the 4th most watched with the type of year we had is not bad at all.

Advertisement
I don't know how much these numbers can be trusted but being the 4th most watched with the type of year we had is not bad at all.

FSU drawing that number is attributed solely to being the only game on TV on opening weekend on a Sunday night against LSU.

Everything else was very close across the top 5 programs in that list.

Could also be including the ACC championship which many other fans were watching hoping FSU would lose so they get in the oplayoffs
Although I will say after looking further I have no idea how those are calculated because the LSU game had 6+ million viewers.

The other number I saw for full season viewership was basically only driven by the LSU and Clemson game. Obviously a team hanging in the top 10 and playing on ESPN/ABC all year has more viewership than the teams delegated to ACCN 3-4 times.

Wins produce views and we'll climb that chart in the coming years.

Except it doesn't get you to the BIG. I think these are average numbers. We were number three last year. Clemson has really fallen off as well.

Advertisement
Having roughly a third of FSU's viewership and behind Louisville, just doesn't seem impressive to me. Not exactly giving me a huge amount of confidence the Big 10 invite is around the corner. :rolleyes:
They aren't looking at ONE season. They look at 20 years of data, also "big game matchups". There is a reason they have UM in the top 4 from the ACC.
Right now the interest appears to be FSU / UNC / Miami in that order ... by the B10. And it's not ALL on viewership. There is also the issue of "which programs have actually demonstrated that they WANT to leave the ACC". That is where UNC I believe gets ahead of Miami. Julio needs to wake the **** up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If there really were enough teams to vote to end the GOR and dissolve the league it would have happened by now.
And if there are enough votes, it hasn't happened cause there are teams that know that if they dissolve the league and they arent set up for a landing somewhere they gonna go broke or be FCS

Where do people come up with this stuff?

looks like someone "picked a bad week to give up sniffing glue."
the movie drinking GIF

If there really were enough teams to vote to end the GOR and dissolve the league it would have happened by now.
Really don't see dissolution happening. Not enough votes and not enough landing spots. Expect FSU to bail first and land in the B10. THEN? Hope Miami has people willing to pay the $100M exit fee and joins FSU in the B10.

Advertisement
Back