MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Interesting. Only the wisest amongst us could have guessed that Dan Radovich, who was one of the biggest advocates of our current ACC deal just a few years ago, would focus on trying to save the ACC instead of bailing for another conference. What a shocking and unexpected development.

Sipping Tea Time GIF
It's hilarious how ****** Miami is at literally anything related to football. They're paying that bag of **** insane and unearned money to essentially sabotage their own program, at least allegedly.

Advertisement
Interesting. Only the wisest amongst us could have guessed that Dan Radovich, who was one of the biggest advocates of our current ACC deal just a few years ago, would focus on trying to save the ACC instead of bailing for another conference. What a shocking and unexpected development.

Sipping Tea Time GIF
@Genetics added a comment a moment ago in response to the question "So UNC would be the final program added (besides FSU) ... for now". Response "FOX as no interest whatsoever in breaking up the ACC. None. If they are smart the ACC will add Utah, the Arizona schools, Kansas, and become the legit #3 conference". Seems like a lot of blowback from the Pac 12 imploding, and has made the networks and conferences slow down from earlier more aggressive expansion plans.

Sipping Tea Time GIF

You just loooove to tell lies.

Advertisement
@Genetics added a comment a moment ago in response to the question "So UNC would be the final program added (besides FSU) ... for now". Response "FOX as no interest whatsoever in breaking up the ACC. None. If they are smart the ACC will add Utah, the Arizona schools, Kansas, and become the legit #3 conference". Seems like a lot of blowback from the Pac 12 imploding, and has made the networks and conferences slow down from earlier more aggressive expansion plans.
If FSU and/or UNC leave for B10, the ACC will fall to #4 behind B12.

And yeah the networks and the Big 2 conferences are slowing down expansion, not because of blowback, but because they are going to profit greatly by letting those conferences blow up organically. They swooped in got UW and OU for quarters on the dollar. SMU joining ACC also changes the math too. That‘s going to be the expectation moving forward.

Teams that are in the clear will be be offered step increase offer similar to UW and OU to join (e.g 1st year 50%, 2nd year 75%, etc) whereas teams that still tied to conferences will have a much longer path to 100 percent shares.

I could see Big12 poaching ACC teams before I see ACC poaching Big12 teams.

The guys who grew up in Miami’s heyday and therefore absolutely loathe our program are now in positions of power to slowly exact revenge.

And yeah the networks and the Big 2 conferences are slowing down expansion, not because of blowback, but because they are going to profit greatly by letting those conferences blow up organically. They swooped in got UW and OU for quarters on the dollar. SMU joining ACC also changes the math too. That‘s going to be the expectation moving forward.

Teams that are in the clear will be be offered step increase offer similar to UW and OU to join (e.g 1st year 50%, 2nd year 75%, etc) whereas teams that still tied to conferences will have a much longer path to 100 percent shares.

Big 12 has approached many programs already, including us.

Advertisement

There is NO way any program pays the huge financial exit fees (ACC exit fee + GOR buyout) to leave the ACC and join the B12 .... the B12 media deal is barely better than the ACC long term. The ONLY conference media deals that offer a substantial financial advantage are the B10 and the SEC. You join one of those or you simply remain in the ACC (unless the ACC dissolves ... which is highly unlikely). So UM long term is in the ACC until the B10 / FOX feel the timing is right to justify the FINANCIAL COMMITMENT to negotiate their "transition" to the B10.

There is NO way any program pays the huge financial exit fees (ACC exit fee + GOR buyout) to leave the ACC and join the B12 .... the B12 media deal is barely better than the ACC long term. The ONLY conference media deals that offer a substantial financial advantage are the B10 and the SEC. You join one of those or you simply remain in the ACC (unless the ACC dissolves ... which is highly unlikely). So UM long term is in the ACC until the B10 / FOX feel the timing is right to justify the FINANCIAL COMMITMENT to negotiate their "transition" to the B10.
I’m not disagreeing with you 1 bit.

I think the expansion talks will slow to a crawl… and by the time it picks up again, I think the Big12 could be better positioned to be a destination than the ACC, especially the closer we get to 2030-2033. A year ago I felt different, but these days I don’t feel we are in control of our destiny as far as which conference we eventually end up in and I think it‘s actually less than a 50/50 chance it’s one of the big 2.

Advertisement
I’m not disagreeing with you 1 bit.

I think the expansion talks will slow to a crawl… and by the time it picks up again, I think the Big12 could be better positioned to be a destination than the ACC, especially the closer we get to 2030-2033. A year ago I felt different, but these days I don’t feel we are in control of our destiny as far as which conference we eventually end up in and I think it‘s actually less than a 50/50 chance it’s one of the big 2.
At this point everything is 100% dependent on MONEY. Will Disney manage to sell a stake in ESPN? There is some speculation that the NFL might be an interested buyer in a stake in ESPN. At the moment ESPN is in a very low key investment mode ... but that could change with the right partner ... then the SEC might be looking at a totally different approach towards "realignment". If THEY get aggressive, then the B10 would most likely go to the next phase of expansion. Like you say ... things are slowing down .. until?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back