MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

“The influential members of the B10 and SEC conferences (and their major donors) would rather Miami die. I can assure you the football coaches in those conferences don’t want Miami. Same with the die hards who cut big checks to support those programs.“

Crystal clear what you’re saying.
Show him where else though

Advertisement
Yeah but TV wants Miami and they pay the bills for those conferences and schools.

Exactly.

One of the dumbest things I've ever heard is that "football coaches" and "donors" will have any impact on preventing Miami from getting into the Big 10. Fox and CBS and NBC have already overridden 100 years of the Big 10 having a "you need to be in the AAU" requirement. "Football coaches" and "donors" will have absolutely no say in the matter.

Show me where I argue that.

What, you have amnesia already?

1698376980170.png

If I argued that, I would say that. I didn’t. My point is that I don’t believe any of those schools want to hand Miami a ticket to the promised land. In that respect, I don’t foresee anyone from those conferences lobbying for Miami, which matters on the margin.

Addae needs you to play cornerback. He says you have a helluva back-pedal.

I think these schools only care about how many zeroes get added to the TV payout. Any bad blood will be quickly ignored. I appreciate that you think Miami lives rent free in most of college football's head. Unfortunately, I disagree with you on that point. We're nearly 40 years past when the "U" was **** on wheels and 20 years past the mini run at the beginning of the 2000's.

Exactly. Just look at aTm and Texas. "The Longhorn Network" is a distant memory...

Advertisement
If I argued that, I would say that. I didn’t. My point is that I don’t believe any of those schools want to hand Miami a ticket to the promised land. In that respect, I don’t foresee anyone from those conferences lobbying for Miami, which matters on the margin.
Somewhere earlier on this thread someone mentioned Penn St officials were lobbying for Miami to join the B1G. So with that said, what information do you have that disputes that narrative.

I take no sides on CIS but @dycane you gotta hold yours on this. https://media1.giphy.com/media/SskdP9VDYtJzI****g/200.gif
Next time just delete it like the rest of these guys do.

Look, anybody who didn’t see this coming even before today is completely blind. But after USC and UCLA are looking to bolt, it’s definite. The ACC is dead. There are no more marquee programs in big markets to poach. So it’s time to get out of this godforsaken conference and be proactive.

I’ve been told that some conversations have already taken place, and frankly with who our AD is now, I’d have been shocked had that not happened. But it’s time to join the SEC. The writing is on the wall in size 1000 font that within the next several years, there will be 2 “superconferences” of at least 18 teams each. Probably more. They will be the SEC and B1G.

Now, we have an advantage here. I don’t think there’s any scenario where we’re left out in the cold, because obviously Miami is a desirable market for any conference. So we *should* be fine. But it’s time to be proactive. There is no reason to be aligned with Tobacco Road any longer. The revenues provided to member institutions of the SEC and B1G will probably be MORE THAN DOUBLE those of the ACC very soon. So, the sooner the better here. I hope we’re not hanging only any sense of loyalty to the ACC. It’s time to do what’s best for this university and that is to move IMMEDIATELY to the SEC.

Let’s hope the leadership understands the criticality of this. We cannot afford to be left behind. My guess is we’ll be in the SEC no later than 2025. If not, it’s a massive failure.
Have to figure the buy out to leave first. Rumor is Clemson and FSU have found a snag. Those two could bolt any time now.

Advertisement
Have to figure the buy out to leave first. Rumor is Clemson and FSU have found a snag. Those two could bolt any time now.
If FSU and Clemson find a snag (which I don’t doubt) then Miami has too. Let’s see if Miami can no negotiate a deal out of the conference.

If FSU and Clemson find a snag (which I don’t doubt) then Miami has too. Let’s see if Miami can no negotiate a deal out of the conference.

Hopefully Rad and company get us the **** out of the ACC.

All we hear and read about is Clemson and FSU. We rarly hear or read anything about us leaving. In fact, it's the opposite. Nor sure if that's smoke and mirrors, but who the fook wants to play Stanford, SMU, and Cal? They don't move the needle. At all.

They need to figure this **** out. The ACC aint it.

I still think the B1G takes and prefers FSU and Miami as a pair. Too much value together to ignore and takes them from non-existent in Florida to the preferred conference in the 2nd or 3rd largest relevant media market for college football.

Why take Clemson who only has any value because they've been winning lately? That's short term thinking. If their football program is mediocre, which they have been for most of their history and may be trending back that way, they bring no other value to the B1G.

Miami as an average program brings more value to the B1G than Clemson as an average program. We have a higher ceiling than Clemson and a higher floor as well and a better media market. Especially when you add in the rivalry/pairing with FSU.

Last edited:
Not from what I read on Warchant where there is a 1000 page thread on realignment. They want out ... yes. They are evaluating tactics to get out ... yes. They are working with an investment banking firm to fund whatever their exit fee is ... yes. BUT they are also waiting to see what ND does regarding THEIR new media deal as their current deal expires in 2024 and it is expected that they will announce a new deal early in 2024. THERE IS some speculation that ND might consider joining the B10 and bailing on their ACC deal. IF that were to happen, then FSU / Clemson and whoever else wants to leave the ACC for the B10 / SEC would be in a better position to negotiate a lower cost ACC exit ... or again the prospect of ACC dissolution could arise. FSU and Clemson want to exit ... but they also want to follow the course of action that minimizes the exit cost ... waiting another year and POTENTIALLY saving a couple hundred million $$ makes sense.

Advertisement
Fans want to travel to Miami for games (especially winter sports) as the country continues to flock south. That is a very underrated part of the equation.

I don’t know, but something’s affecting our recruiting that much is sure.
$$$

Prison Mike did not suddenly transform himself into some top shelf recruiter.

F$u and other teams are starting to deliver some large money 💰. They are paying above market causing the market to reset at a higher level.

You can’t blame the kids. Take the money and spend Year 1 in Tallahassee. If you don’t like it, grab another bag and transfer to another destination.

I still think the B1G takes and prefers FSU and Miami as a pair. Too much value together to ignore and takes them from non-existent in Florida to the preferred conference in the 2nd or 3rd largest relevant media market for college football.

Why take Clemson who only has any value because they've been winning lately? That's short term thinking. If their football program is mediocre, which they have been for most of their history and may be trending back that way, they bring no other value to the B1G.

Miami as an average program brings more value to the B1G than Clemson as an average program. We have a higher ceiling than Clemson and a higher floor as well and a better media market. Especially when you add in the rivalry/pairing with FSU.
I’ve always thought this. it just makes too much sense. Big brands with huge history. Built in intense rivalry that is ratings dynamite plus the Miami media market and two warm weather destinations for b1g fans who wanna escape the cold

Advertisement
$$$

Prison Mike did not suddenly transform himself into some top shelf recruiter.

F$u and other teams are starting to deliver some large money 💰. They are paying above market causing the market to reset at a higher level.

You can’t blame the kids. Take the money and spend Year 1 in Tallahassee. If you don’t like it, grab another bag and transfer to another destination.

Agree but there’s no such thing as paying “above the market.” The market is whatever the highest bidder is willing to pay.

Maybe we could say FSU is paying above LAST YEAR’S market.

Does Clemson football being on the way down affect the pecking order of preference in the ACC?

I'll keep saying it but the media companies have to know that Miami is worth more than Clemson long term. We have a higher ceiling and a higher floor because of our brand and because of our media market. Clemson has national interest right now because of their previous 10-12 year run. But outside of that window they have no national relevance and no media value.

Does Clemson football being on the way down affect the pecking order of preference in the ACC?

I'll keep saying it but the media companies have to know that Miami is worth more than Clemson long term. We have a higher ceiling and a higher floor because of our brand and because of our media market. Clemson has national interest right now because of their previous 10-12 year run. But outside of that window they have no national relevance and no media value.

Filling an 80,000-seat stadium every Saturday and having an administration willing to do/accept whatever it takes to be successful is not nothing.

Regardless, it's not Miami or Clemson in the realignment puzzle

Clemson and FSU fit the SEC profile, which is why they'll end up alongside South Carolina and UF.

Miami offers a lot for what the B1G wants and needs. We don't have to win a beauty contest with the ACC's other so-called football schools to get an invite.

Still expecting us to be invited in tandem with ND when all is said and done

Advertisement
Back