MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

You know it's BS for him to mention 8 schools possibly leaving and not mention Miami. there is ZERO chance Miami doesn't have an open invitation to the B12. I'm not as confident on the B1G offering us full membership as I used to be but I'm 100% confident the B12 would beg Miami to come if things at the ACC were imploding.

If someone had the patience and time to go back to all of Swaim's inaccurate tweets...you would have a veritable ****-show of terrible takes that were fed to him by "inside sources" at certain schools that were trying to push certain narratives.

Advertisement
If someone had the patience and time to go back to all of Swaim's inaccurate tweets...you would have a veritable ****-show of terrible takes that were fed to him by "inside sources" at certain schools that were trying to push certain narratives.
you think there's a campaign going on at FSU to push the narrative that Miami is happy in the ACC and plan to stay here as long as possible?

that wouldn't be surprising to me given the edge that would help with in recruiting..

what's more surprising is that everything our admin is doing publicly appears to align with that narrative, therefore giving fuel to it...

SEC: fsu, Clemson, UNC, NC State, UVA, Va Tech, Duke, Ga Tech

B1G: CANES, Notre Dame

Big 12: Most/All of Pitt, Louisville, Syracuse, BC, Wake

1. Zero.Point.Zero chance Noles and Clemson don't move together to the SEC. They've been tied at the hip since ACC exit rumblings began

2. The Canes will roll to the B1G in conjunction with the Domers. Unlike back in 1990, I don't believe the SEC is eyeing Miami as a back-up plan, but the B1G is a great option and in many ways a better fit. I'd prefer the SEC like some of y'all, but either way it's gonna be a ma$$ive upgrade from the ACC.

3. I think Sankey strategically pushes for UNC and NCSU in tandem for political reasons and because the B1G isn't in position to take both.

4. Sankey employs the same tactic in Virginia with UVA and VT

5. Dook (BKB royalty, academic prestige) and GT (SEC Ground Zero location and academics) fill out the ACC additions

1. Zero.Point.Zero chance Noles and Clemson don't move together to the SEC. They've been tied at the hip since ACC exit rumblings began

2. The Canes will roll to the B1G in conjunction with the Domers. Unlike back in 1990, I don't believe the SEC is eyeing Miami as a back-up plan, but the B1G is a great option and in many ways a better fit. I'd prefer the SEC like some of y'all, but either way it's gonna be a ma$$ive upgrade from the ACC.

3. I think Sankey strategically pushes for UNC and NCSU in tandem for political reasons and because the B1G isn't in position to take both.

5. Dook (BKB royalty, academic prestige) and GT (SEC Ground Zero location and academics) fill out the ACC additions

Cal & Stanford?? B1G?

you think there's a campaign going on at FSU to push the narrative that Miami is happy in the ACC and plan to stay here as long as possible?

that wouldn't be surprising to me given the edge that would help with in recruiting..

what's more surprising is that everything our admin is doing publicly appears to align with that narrative, therefore giving fuel to it...

Huh?

First, I have said ALL ALONG that F$U is pushing a pro-F$U narrative. By contrast, Miami is keeping quiet and/or saying "positive" things about the ACC so that we cannot be sued, as we were when we left the Big East.

Second, there are OTHER schools, not named F$U or Clemson, that are ABSOLUTELY pushing narratives to make them seem more desirable.

So I'm not quite sure why you took my words as "F$U is pushing a narrative about Miami". I never said that, I never intended that.

Just look back at Swaim's twats. On NUMEROUS occasions, he has predicted imminent action that consistently DOES NOT HAPPEN. I mean...I guess...if he keeps repeating it a few dozen more times, he MIGHT eventually be partially correct? Who knows.

But he is a ****-flinger.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cal & Stanford?? B1G?

Yep.

I think the B1G held up on those two mostly to avoid having too much Pac-12 blood on its hands after "poaching" USC and UCLA and then U-Dub and Oregon (also probably somewhat in response to whining by Gov. Newsom and other California bigwigs for not immediately inviting UC-Berkeley with its sister school in Los Angeles)

Huh?

First, I have said ALL ALONG that F$U is pushing a pro-F$U narrative. By contrast, Miami is keeping quiet and/or saying "positive" things so that we cannot be sued, as we were when we left the Big East.

The semenholes and Clemson are stirring up **** to create unease among the ACC have-nots.

UM keeping its mouth shut on realignment is very much from the same playbook employed used by the four Pac-12 schools headed to the B1G next fall: "Say nothing or, when put on the spot, claim all is well with the current conference affiliation"

Miami does nothing to dispel that narrative. In fact it's the opposite, our AD has gone out of his way to talk up the ACC as much as possible.

My guess is it's a Thursday in a Big 10 week with no ranked team vs. ranked team match up. Need to keep the ratings up on that radio show. So, offer up a "breaking news" item on conference realignment that will not occur for another 2 years. I'm sure it's totally legit. :snoopfacepalm:

Advertisement
Also, FSU will drop the annual home-and-home with Miami within a year of joining the SEC (so 2027 at the latest)

Mark my words on that one

Just because FSU and Clemson are the ones who made some noise to leave doesn’t mean they are tied to hip where they go to. I still think Miami and FSU go to Big 10.

Advertisement
I don’t doubt that ND is by far the biggest domino, but they’re legally obligated to join the acc if they join a conference. The whole point of them forcing the acc cucks to fake Stanford and cal was to make things more convenient for them. I don’t think they’re joining anyone anytime soon
Lol yeah they’re legally obligated same way all current ACC schools are legally obligated to be in the ACC untill 2036…

ND can leave the ACC with barely any cost because They aren’t a football member. I mean it wouldn’t be $0, but it wouldn’t be $100M either. If they left the ACC for all their other sports, they aren’t going to be held to the agreement to join the ACC for football lol.

Just because FSU and Clemson are the ones who made some noise to leave doesn’t mean they are tied to hip where they go to. I still think Miami and FSU go to Big 10.
Hopefully. I do wonder what the likelihood of adding FSU and UF as permanent opponents would be if they were both in the SEC together would be… since they’d both free up a yearly OOC rivalry game. I mean it would significantly increase the difficulty of our schedule especially if we are in the Big10 especially if we had like ND and PSU or something as a permanent rival… but it would be pretty dope.

Ideally imo Miami, FSU, ND, and like one of UNC/VTech/GTech go to the Big10. SEC can take rest of what they want. I think UNC, FSU, Clemson and UVA will be SECs top targets.

Advertisement
Hopefully. I do wonder what the likelihood of adding FSU and UF as permanent opponents would be if they were both in the SEC together would be… since they’d both free up a yearly OOC rivalry game. I mean it would significantly increase the difficulty of our schedule especially if we are in the Big10 especially if we had like ND and PSU or something as a permanent rival… but it would be pretty dope.

Ideally imo Miami, FSU, ND, and like one of UNC/VTech/GTech go to the Big10. SEC can take rest of what they want. I think UNC, FSU, Clemson and UVA will be SECs top targets.

If either the SEC or Big 10 get any larger, they will go to 9, and possibly 10, conference games. It's inevitiable.

We will be lucky to have ONE "good" OOC game each year.

So what happens IF...BIG IF...

There is no money to make the promised SEC and BiG10 payouts in the coming years??

Does that make the ACC look "smart"?
One thing's for sure - NO ONE knows how all of this is gonna look in a few years.

I'm not even totally sure that staying in a revamped and re-negotiated ACC (certainly not the current one) might be our best play.

Whatever happens, I refuse to believe that we'll be shut out of something significant. Too much history, branding and most importantly, TV market, to not make it into (or stay) something legit.

Advertisement
Back