MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Are their profits/revenue going to keep up with the payout to some of these conferences. As mentioned above advertising is maxed out. How many complaints have there been with the increase in commercials vs the shortening of the game. As personal spending gets cut back more and more with a looming recession advertisers will be hesitant to increase investment. But those bills will still be due. That’s why they’re looking to limit their exposure

Disney is not looking to sell ESPN; they are looking to sell part of its stake in ESPN preferably to a partner that specializes in the digital media platform. ESPN is still a profitable entity w/in the business ventures of Disney, it’s just that their profits are not meeting expectations w/ the ever decline of the cable industry. Those big contracts are why ESPN is profitable b/c eyes r still tuning in. Regardless, Disney is looking to shift gears to help transition one of its profitable platforms to have better exposure w/in the confines of the new digital wave.

Unfortunately, journalism is based upon sensational click bait vs. detailed, accurate info nowadays.

Advertisement
Lol It is.
Yeah it is. Night and day better response they he gave a month ago on that podcast though. I know you don't want to show your hand to the public, but going out and saying "who wants to see a Texas A&M type of atmosphere instead of GT?" He was laying the bs on too thick.

Not that I frankly care about the Olympic sports all that much, but he mentioned most of them playing like a regional schedule and the ACC teams only getting together once a year to play in an ACC volleyball, tennis, or golf tournament. How does such a regional non-conference type of schedule get played when every other conference plays a traditional conference schedule?

Disney is not looking to sell ESPN; they are looking to sell part of its stake in ESPN preferably to a partner that specializes in the digital media platform. ESPN is still a profitable entity w/in the business ventures of Disney, it’s just that their profits are not meeting expectations w/ the ever decline of the cable industry. Those big contracts are why ESPN is profitable b/c eyes r still tuning in. Regardless, Disney is looking to shift gears to help transition one of its profitable platforms to have better exposure w/in the confines of the new digital wave.

Unfortunately, journalism is based upon sensational click bait vs. detailed, accurate info nowadays.
Yeah there is just no way Disney doesn't view ESPN as one of the more/most important future profit generators for them.

Advertisement
Nah, we’ve been able to kick the van down the road for decades by simply printing more money. That’s coming to a head. In case you haven’t realized it inflation isn’t slowing, regardless of what the FED says. When was the last time inflation kept going up after the fed raising interest rates. Couple that with the explosion in personal credit debt that isn’t cooling down. Why do you think Potus and everyone else is hanging the war drum. Thinking the same old spend a billion or two on a war and that’ll jump start the economy. Problem is there is no more money to print. Well there is but if we keep adding debt this will continue to spiral.
We are about to experience something else. With no more credit reporting for medical debt under $500.00, and the instant removal of all medical debt under $500.00, people are going to experience a credit lift as those debts come off and scores increase artificially. People that could not get credit will now get credit OR WORSE credit requirements will increase (I am seeing that) for everyone else. People that cannot pay their bills suddenly having the ability to get more on credit is going to cause us all headaches.

We are about to experience something else. With no more credit reporting for medical debt under $500.00, and the instant removal of all medical debt under $500.00, people are going to experience a credit lift as those debts come off and scores increase artificially. People that could not get credit will now get credit OR WORSE credit requirements will increase (I am seeing that) for everyone else. People that cannot pay their bills suddenly having the ability to get more on credit is going to cause us all headaches.
The personal credit bubble is going to make 07/08 look like a minor blip on the radar.

Advertisement

Rad talks conference realignment at the 8 min mark.

Not a whole lot here, but figured I’d leave it here anyway. basically…

- we’re doing diligence
- not going anywhere or planning to leave
- football drives realignment
- we love the ACC, want to make the league the best it can be
- we’re excited about how Stanford and Cal solidify this league and make it better
- we’re excited to see the schedule for the next seven years

Need to force retire this bag of **** (comment not really based on this clip).

Last edited:
This is simply SWAIM regurgitating things that were being discussed back in June / July. He said 4 programs headed to the Big10 / SEC and another 4 possibly to the B12. The ONLY way anybody leaves the ACC for the B12 is if the ACC is dissolved as the cost of exit otherwise is prohibitive and there is no financial incentive by going to the B12.
I know this guy has posted a lot but this is a fkn nightmare if we are left out.

Advertisement
I know this guy has posted a lot but this is a fkn nightmare if we are left out.

IMG_0807.gif

But our insiders keep telling us we’re good.

Comments by the Warchant editor most "informed" regarding FSU's departure interest & planning stated that at this point both FSU / Clemson (and by extension any other ACC programs really considering leaving the ACC) are standing by to see exactly what ND decides to do as their current media deal expires in 2024 and their new one is expected to be announced some time early in 2024. IF ND actually agrees to join the B10 and bail out of their current ACC deal, the opinion is that the current GOR would be impacted, opened for re-negotiation, and that would be the time for the ACC programs interested in leaving to approach the ACC to negotiate / announce departure.

Advertisement
Comments by the Warchant editor most "informed" regarding FSU's departure interest & planning stated that at this point both FSU / Clemson (and by extension any other ACC programs really considering leaving the ACC) are standing by to see exactly what ND decides to do as their current media deal expires in 2024 and their new one is expected to be announced some time early in 2024. IF ND actually agrees to join the B10 and bail out of their current ACC deal, the opinion is that the current GOR would be impacted, opened for re-negotiation, and that would be the time for the ACC programs interested in leaving to approach the ACC to negotiate / announce departure.
I don’t doubt that ND is by far the biggest domino, but they’re legally obligated to join the acc if they join a conference. The whole point of them forcing the acc cucks to fake Stanford and cal was to make things more convenient for them. I don’t think they’re joining anyone anytime soon

I don’t doubt that ND is by far the biggest domino, but they’re legally obligated to join the acc if they join a conference. The whole point of them forcing the acc cucks to fake Stanford and cal was to make things more convenient for them. I don’t think they’re joining anyone anytime soon
All speculation ... on both sides. Everything is up for negotiation behind the scenes and one of the biggest factors is broadcast right distribution for the 12 team college playoffs. Will be HUGE media revenue dwarfing March Madness. ND is also cognizant of the fact that a few of the top ACC programs will most likely bail and then their ACC relationship will be worth a lot less. One thing is certain ... they aren't joining the ACC in football ... ever.

You know it's BS for him to mention 8 schools possibly leaving and not mention Miami. there is ZERO chance Miami doesn't have an open invitation to the B12. I'm not as confident on the B1G offering us full membership as I used to be but I'm 100% confident the B12 would beg Miami to come if things at the ACC were imploding.

Advertisement
Back