MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
he didnt say that. he said football doesnt need more money. those conferences with the extra money are doing a lot better at basketball baseball n other sports with the trickle down money.

essentially he's an AD saying I dont care about any sport but football & we're getting enough football $ so he's not worried about improving or adding other sports.

since "we dont need more money, we sure *** **** better not lose any assistant coaches to schools in those other conferences bc they're offering more money
I’m wondering if the Big10 put some requirements of us adding a few non revenue sports and that is some issue. That interview stunk and the luster of Rad’s hire wore off long ago.

Here's a summary of Rad's interview, the main points he made:

- You don't need money to win
- The ACC is a great league for the University of Miami
- The schedule would be too hard for Miami in the SEC, we like playing Georgia Tech
- Big 10 universities have more sports that drain resources so the gap in dollars between conferences isn't that bad
- Big10 and SEC TV contracts help other sports more than they help football, we can still compete with less money
- Adding Cal, Stanford, and SMU was really good because it created a larger pool of money
- Clemson or FSU leaving would affect us because we want to play both, BUT the league would be fine regardless because we added Cal, Stanford, and SMU staying above 15
- Clemson and FSU have nowhere to go becasue other conferences probably won't take them
Clearly the booty warrior is an ACC fan and was behind RAD with a knife to his throat.

Advertisement
FSU announced it is adding Women’s lacrosse in 2025 season. That’s a big deal sport as far as BIG 10 goes. Is that related to all of this? Who knows- adding sports like that doesn’t happen overnight. But it certainly won’t hurt them if BIG10 IS in fact where they are headed
The only thing it had to do with was avoiding a Title IX lawsuit. They may need to add more than the 12 scholarship women's team.

The only thing it had to do with was avoiding a Title IX lawsuit. They may need to add more than the 12 scholarship women's team.

I’m sure recruits will know that when FSU uses it add to their advantage that they are leaving the ACC to greener pastures…

How many times are you all going to fall for this? It has already been said by multiple insiders on here that we'll end up in the Big 10. No reason to not keep our powder dry or be openly transparent as FSU and Clemson have been. We're not gonna burn our relationship with the ACC until were on our way out. No reason to.

Washington didn’t get plucked by the Big 10 by looking desperate. Clemson and FSU sound like desperate housewives looking for another man. Miami will survive and get picked up once we show our true value.
You do realize Washington took a half share for a decade right?

Advertisement
I’m sure recruits will know that when FSU uses it add to their advantage that they are leaving the ACC to greener pastures…
Huh? They are adding women's lax b/c they were staring down a federal lawsuit and horrible press.

Explain to me how that has anything to do with leaving the ACC?

Huh? They are adding women's lax b/c they were staring down a federal lawsuit and horrible press.

Explain to me how that has anything to do with leaving the ACC?

FSU has been talking about leaving the ACC. The post you quoted said it could help with the B1G. You responded that it was to fight off Title IX violations.

You think FSU is going to use it to their advantage or disadvantage for recruiting purposes?

It’s been discussed more than once in this thread and on the board that our rival has been using the conference planning against us in recruiting…

FSU has been talking about leaving the ACC. The post you quoted said it could help with the B1G. You responded that it was to fight off Title IX violations.

You think FSU is going to use it to their advantage or disadvantage for recruiting purposes?

It’s been discussed more than once in this thread and on the board that our rival has been using the conference planning against us in recruiting…
I don't see how in any way adding wlax to avoid a federal title IX lawsuit is helpful for their recruiting purposes.

Advertisement
Only 6 Big 10 teams play LAX and it’s the same for men and women, Johns Hopkins is the 7th member.

I believe it was Lisp service
Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

How many times are you all going to fall for this? It has already been said by multiple insiders on here that we'll end up in the Big 10. No reason to not keep our powder dry or be openly transparent as FSU and Clemson have been. We're not gonna burn our relationship with the ACC until were on our way out. No reason to.
I hear you, and agree to an extent. But he is going well beyond that with talking about how terrible it would be to lose GT from the schedule and how playing a Texas A&M game every week would be a bad thing, even if he meant the latter from a STUDENT athlete perspective. Also, things change, so what was true a month or two ago may not be true now. There is no reason to act like a drunken sailor like FSU but there is also no reason to go to the extent he is.

Advertisement

Has it though? I know people have alluded to certain things but I don't think anyone has ever come out and said that. It's always seemed very unsure.

If I’m not mistaken, you have been a fan of Rad in the past and that he is working on something in the shadows. I think you’ve been just as clear you are not a fan of JF.

Does this interview change that perception for you?

I’lll hang up and listen.

**** the interview. My feelings have been changing over the past six months for OTHER reasons, and I've stated that in multiple posts.

Dan is strongest on building facilities, which we have sorely needed for a long time.

Dan is "an adult" AD who is capable of making good strategic decisions. However, myself and many others with close connections to the University have been trying to figure out how much Frenk is impacting things, since Joe and Rudy seem to have been sidelined.

Dan is definitely questionable on making personnel decisions, and it would concern me to have to find a replacement for Coach L while Dan is in charge.

So, no, "the interview" has not changed my perception at all. Actual interactions and intel from my friends has been changing my perception since the spring.

We have hired a very good replacement for Parker, so I feel good about facilities and fund-raising. But I have not been as assured that Dan is powerful enough or purpose-driven enough to put us in the driver's seat on realignment, no matter how impulsive Julio gets.

There are concerns. Alums need to start putting the pressure on the BOT and other Athletic Department personnel.

**** the interview. My feelings have been changing over the past six months for OTHER reasons, and I've stated that in multiple posts.

Dan is strongest on building facilities, which we have sorely needed for a long time.

Dan is "an adult" AD who is capable of making good strategic decisions. However, myself and many others with close connections to the University have been trying to figure out how much Frenk is impacting things, since Joe and Rudy seem to have been sidelined.

Dan is definitely questionable on making personnel decisions, and it would concern me to have to find a replacement for Coach L while Dan is in charge.

So, no, "the interview" has not changed my perception at all. Actual interactions and intel from my friends has been changing my perception since the spring.

We have hired a very good replacement for Parker, so I feel good about facilities and fund-raising. But I have not been as assured that Dan is powerful enough or purpose-driven enough to put us in the driver's seat on realignment, no matter how impulsive Julio gets.

There are concerns. Alums need to start putting the pressure on the BOT and other Athletic Department personnel.
Good lord, this school can't get out of its own way

Advertisement
Back