MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Wish realignment never started. The teams are starting to correct themselves. Clemson is dumb to leave now. They are on the decline and will now further fall going to the SEC and they don't really have other sports they are really good at. I don't know about baseball hAve not looked into it.
They are pretty decent in baseball and basketball. Both squads have made several appearances in Regionals, NIT, & NCAA tournaments.
They are not powerhouses, but good enough to make tournaments.

Advertisement
Gotta say I'm a bit worried here. We could get left without a (serious) dance partner, and then we slide away into oblivion. We're far enough away from everyone else to think the travel isn't worth their trouble. SEC maybe is our best shot, but that's just relying on their charity.

Wish realignment never started. The teams are starting to correct themselves. Clemson is dumb to leave now. They are on the decline and will now further fall going to the SEC and they don't really have other sports they are really good at. I don't know about baseball hAve not looked into it.
Clemson will be fine. And they will be getting $30-$50 million per year more in the SEC / BIG. Soooo that would go along way with helping the other sports.

Fail Clemson Tigers GIF by ESPN College Football

Advertisement
If we are for sure leaving and have an invite to the b1g, why did we vote for an expansion that makes it way harder to dissolve the conference?

Havent seen a good answer for that
Maybe we wouldn't have had the votes regardless.

It could also be they added those three as an olive branch to the other schools in the ACC as I believe there was a clause allowing ESPN even more leverage if the league feel below a certain amount of teams. Adding those schools allows them to keep the current contract even if those big brands leave. It would essentially ***** ESPN over after they negotiated in bad faith to get that contract done.

If we are for sure leaving and have an invite to the b1g, why did we vote for an expansion that makes it way harder to dissolve the conference?

First - the conference CAN be dissolved before the new teams are added. Second - it could very well be that several programs are leaving whether the conference is dissolved or not… therefore has no impact.

Advertisement

Way harder? When?

In a year WHEN those teams join, sure. We can still dissolve the conference TODAY with the original numbers and votes.

Also, it's because we are trying to make it easy on the ACC to survive. Dissolving the conference has ALWAYS been the nuclear option.

And we still have 10 months to push the nuclear launch button.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gotta say I'm a bit worried here. We could get left without a (serious) dance partner, and then we slide away into oblivion. We're far enough away from everyone else to think the travel isn't worth their trouble. SEC maybe is our best shot, but that's just relying on their charity.
We
Hungry Video Game GIF by Dummy Dojo

Advertisement
Back