MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

1-5: *Notre Dame. UNC, FSU, Clemson, UVA
6-10: Duke, Miami, NC State, Va Tech
11-12: Louisville, Pitt
13-15: Cuse, BC, Wake
Wasn’t counting ND

1-2 is Clemson and FSU. 3-4 is UNC/NCST since they are negotiating and acting as a pair. That could change since NCST flipped their vote on this topic.

5 could be Miami. But the Virginia schools have some interest and are acting as a pair to strengthening their leverage, maybe even bumping ahead of us depending on numbers.

Miami had Clemson as their +1 but Clemson is prepared to go SEC or B1G, whichever gives them the first opportunity and best situation. Miami either said no SEC or the SEC said no Miami so Clemson attached to FSU. Now they’re in the drivers seat. Could have been us in the 1-2.

Advertisement
I don’t see a thread on this yet wanted to start one and hear all the varying opinions canes fans have on this. I personally think it’s good better for recruiting in those states I think Stanford is a good program in college football. SMU could be a good team I am not expecting much from Cal excited to hear from y’all GO CANES #therealmiami

Advertisement
Wasn’t counting ND

1-2 is Clemson and FSU. 3-4 is UNC/NCST since they are negotiating and acting as a pair. That could change since NCST flipped their vote on this topic.

5 could be Miami. But the Virginia schools have some interest and are acting as a pair to strengthening their leverage, maybe even bumping ahead of us depending on numbers.

Miami had Clemson as their +1 but Clemson is prepared to go SEC or B1G, whichever gives them the first opportunity and best situation. Miami either said no SEC or the SEC said no Miami so Clemson attached to FSU. Now they’re in the drivers seat. Could have been us in the 1-2.
Depressing. Thanks for the update

If FSU, Clemson and UNC were still no votes, that tells me nothing included to reduce exit obligations.
I think FSU and Clemson get sweetheart deals on the GOR aspect and take prorata shares from SEC in exchange for help on the exit fees.

While I believe Big10 could help out Miami with the exit fees, whats the trade on GOR between Fox/Big10 and ESPN? ESPN won‘t care about getting inventory to BIG10 games, even if those games were Miami v OSU, Michigan and Penn St. because of loyalty to SEC.

Who are the next realistic ACC expansion targets? UTSA? Tulane? UConn? I don’t think any Big12 teams are going to leave for us knowing FSU and Clemson are leaving.

Wasn’t counting ND

Are you reporting something you've heard or it's all your assumptions?

Advertisement
Wasn’t counting ND

I wonder if Miami’s +1 was ND, thinking the league would dissolve, essentially forcing ND‘s hand to BIG10, even if on a scheduling agreement like they have with ACC. But now that dissolve conference off the table…

Rad's sole responsibility was to navigate us through this bull$hit and generate some funds. It's time for him to earn his keep. We don't just go from clowning FSU because we're 1a and 1b with Clemson, to us being 5th in the pecking order.

I'd almost rather go Independent like ND instead of sit in this useless conference. One thing is for certain: stay here, and we're irrelevant forever. Done.

Not saying the bolded above is right or wrong, but literally the ONLY place I've ever seen or heard anything about UM and Clemson specifically being attached was this message board.

Literally everywhere else it's been "FSU and Clemson" or "Clemson and FSU" were allied with one another. Even leadership of those two schools has alluded to as much

Advertisement
People are out of their minds if they think UVA/VT is getting out before us. Im a UVA Alum, and I can tell y’all that their footprint/market is far more limited than people think. Not to mention that they’ll never relax academic standards to be more competitive. Tech’s is bigger but does not bring the brand recognition and market that we have.

Rad's sole responsibility was to navigate us through this bull$hit and generate some funds. It's time for him to earn his keep. We don't just go from clowning FSU because we're 1a and 1b with Clemson, to us being 5th in the pecking order.

People are out of their minds if they think UVA/VT is getting out before us. Im a UVA Alum, and I can tell y’all that their footprint/market is far more limited than people think. Not to mention that they’ll never relax academic standards to be more competitive. Tech’s is bigger but does not bring the brand recognition and market that we have.

Plenty of good cases to be made for different pecking orders, but ultimately where a school lands if/when the ACC unravels is all that matters.

If Miami (and whoever else) has to follow to follow a few other schools out the door, so be it — as long as we end up in the B1G or SEC.

But somebody needed to kick up the dust to provide a reality check on the ACC's pending financial issues

Not saying the bolded above is right or wrong, but literally the ONLY place I've ever seen or heard anything about UM and Clemson specifically being attached was this message board.

Literally everywhere else it's been "FSU and Clemson" or "Clemson and FSU" were allied with one another. Even leadership of those two schools has alluded to as much
Oh it was short lived but it was a thing when Rad first came in. That was the idea

Advertisement
Miami will end up in the Big10 as I doubt the SEC wants Miami AND the academics align much better in the Big10 for both parties.

Miami isn't going to get left behind for a number of reasons:
1. We are in a top TV market
2. Top recruiting location
3. History of winning in the 3 revenue sports
4. AAU membership
5. Medical research
6. Willing to spend to win in sports
7. Viewship when we are a top 25 team is really good. See 2017: https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2017-college-football-tv-ratings/

I'd almost rather go Independent like ND instead of sit in this useless conference. One thing is for certain: stay here, and we're irrelevant forever. Done.
Agreed, it’s disappointing that UM’s leadership would support this stupid move that just temporarily delays the inevitable collapse of the ACC.

Some of you know-it-all could please tell me what we will do with the half-billion investments in football of the last year and a half if we are left out of the P2? Especially what will happen to the multi-million FOOTBALL ONLY state-of-the-art facility that they are building? Will it become a ******* amusement park? Another hospital?

Thank you.

Are you reporting something you've heard or it's all your assumptions?
That’s what I’ve heard.

Oregon and Washington also threw a wrench in our outlook as well. We needed more time and the timing worked out for them to jump and they did.

No doubt I think it still happens before 2036 but I think it’s closer to 2030 than it happening today. 2027 sounds like the earliest possibility for us and that’s everything working in Miami’s favor

These are also outsiders to Miami and the ACC saying this. Their view and what they’re hearing from others.

Advertisement
Back