MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Ppl dont understand how powerful she is and how much Cunnilingus Rice (IYKYK) loves college and pro football.
I think she's talked about how she's always wanted an ownership in the 49Whiners (sorry not sorry @IndayArtHauz @SFbayCane this Eagles-49ers rivalry will be the new NFC rivalry and must see for the next 5 yrs)
Tim Robinson No GIF by The Lonely Island

Ppl dont understand how powerful she is and how much Cunnilingus Rice (IYKYK) loves college and pro football.
I think she's talked about how she's always wanted an ownership in the 49Whiners (sorry not sorry @IndayArtHauz @SFbayCane this Eagles-49ers rivalry will be the new NFC rivalry and must see for the next 5 yrs)

Again, I'd have no problem with Stanford in the ACC, but not Cal. Having Cal would be a horrible.

Wont matter though, as UM will be in the Big XII when its all said and done.

Advertisement
I'd have no problem with Stanford in the ACC, but not Cal.

Wont matter though, as UM will be in the Big XII when its all said and done.

What do you think has to happen for Miami to end up in the SEC when all is said and done?

What do you think has to happen for Miami to end up in the B1G when all is said and done?

Advertisement
That wasn't what I asked. You are utterly devoid of reading & logical skills.

Now you're giving @calinative umstudent a run for his money when it comes to dying on worthless hills.
Yes obviously that’s not why you asked smart guy. But you’re acting as if there’s reporting out there or that you know for a fact that Miami opposed or wouldn’t have voted yes and have you not shown any evidence supporting your belief. But you then flip it and ask for evidence of the opposite and use the lack of evidence to show that you’re right even though you’ve shown even less evidence for your argument. Again, anyone with a brain can see right through your little games. Other than a few of your friends in here, nobody is impressed that you spend so much time trying to make internet strangers feel less than. But I’m glad it makes you feel smart and important.

What do you think has to happen for Miami to end up in the SEC when all is said and done? blah124: Not be miami.

What do you think has to happen for Miami to end up in the B1G when all is said and done? blah124: get rid of the GOR and theyre in the b10

I think you on it.

We know there is at least one SEC school — and likely several more — that would push Sankey not to invite us.

Who among the other so-called "Magnificent 7" schools in the ACC (fsu, Clemson, UNC, NC State, UVA, Va Tech) would advocate for Miami to join them should they go to the SEC?

Maybe it's "Cane Paranoia" on my part, but it feels like we might not have a lot of folks in our corner among the other P5 schools in the South

Advertisement
I think you on it.

We know there is at least one SEC school — and likely several more — that would push Sankey not to invite us.

Who among the other so-called "Magnificent 7" schools in the ACC (fsu, Clemson, UNC, NC State, UVA, Va Tech) would advocate for Miami to join them should they go to the SEC?

Maybe it's "Cane Paranoia" on my part, but it feels like we might not have a lot of folks in our corner among the other P5 schools in the South
think of miami like emory with football. a school located in south but the entire student body and a lot of the culture is a better fit for the NE

Last edited:

Highlights:
-
What was certain was there were votes in favor of expansion (Notre Dame, Wake Forest, Louisville, Miami, Georgia Tech) and votes opposed (Clemson, Florida State, North Carolina) and swing votes in between. Another administrator thought enough of the 15 voting presidents would swing to yes and get the required 12 to approve expansion.

Once the call started, it became clear that would not be the case. No official vote was taken. In straw polling, the fourth school opposed was NC State, according to multiple sources.

-Behind the scenes, however, the ACC was already having conversations about trying to add Cal, Stanford, Oregon and Washington -- discussions that had been taking place for well over a year. In fact, Duke president Vincent Price (serving as ACC board chair) reached out to Washington president Ana Mari Cauce last year to gauge interest in a partnership. Cauce declined, according to a source with knowledge of the discussions.

-"Cal and Stanford were probably from the presidents' perspective a better target than anybody else in the Pac-12 just because of the academic reputation," one administrator said. "The fact that Oregon and Washington left, OK that's fine, but these are two pretty good brands, so how do we integrate them into the league?"

- Multiple administrators in favor of the move described it this way: longer-term security in the event schools such as Florida State leave the conference. The Seminoles are not the only ones who have looked at their future and evaluated the grant of rights, which gives the ACC control over home broadcasts and media revenue through 2036. Six other schools had discussions with Florida State about the grant of rights and charting a path forward: Clemson, Miami, Virginia, Virginia Tech, North Carolina and NC State.

-While more athletic directors moved in favor of adding teams, they were still not completely aligned with the presidents. Some asked why there was urgency. For more than a year they had discussed having more than two teams from the West Coast in order to get any deal done, but demurred. Now they were OK with only two? One administrator pointed out that plenty of dominoes could fall, potentially starting when the Big Ten television contract comes up after the 2029-30 season, and the Big 12 deal is up the following year. Why the rush?

-
Why was NC State not in favor of expansion? The dynamics in the state of North Carolina provide a fascinating window into the North Carolina-NC State relationship. North Carolina is one of the most attractive schools in the country to both the SEC and Big Ten, should those conferences decide to expand further.
NC State holds power within the University of North Carolina System and the state legislature. Siding with North Carolina essentially signals the Wolfpack believe their future is tied with UNC.

-"We're at a point because of all these other moves on the chessboard that the consequences and risks of doing nothing start to seem worse than the consequences and risks of doing something."
-
there is at least some hope in Tallahassee that discussions about changing the television revenue distribution might begin again, There is significant resistance among other ACC members, for obvious reasons. Few schools are willing to take less television money based on ratings and marketability.
Schools have privately questioned the brand and marketability data Florida State has touted, including its assertion that if conference revenues were removed, the Seminoles would rank No. 3 in the SEC and Big Ten in revenue generated.

Advertisement
Why was NC State not in favor of expansion? The dynamics in the state of North Carolina provide a fascinating window into the North Carolina-NC State relationship. North Carolina is one of the most attractive schools in the country to both the SEC and Big Ten, should those conferences decide to expand further.
NC State holds power within the University of North Carolina System and the state legislature. Siding with North Carolina essentially signals the Wolfpack believe their future is tied with UNC.

Sankey's chess move may be to invite UNC and NC State in a both-or-none deal, knowing the B1G would prefer not to lower itself to taking a non-AAU school.

Then Sankey could turn around and use the exact same tactic for a near-identical situation with UVA and Va Tech.

Best believe those politicians in NC and VA are gonna see to it that neither of their two most prominent state universities are left behind in realignment musical chairs, which plays right into Sankey's strategy

Sounds like a Mexican dish to me.

Advertisement
Back