MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

All in fun ... I am sure Gabriel Macht had a lot of fun making that series ... his real life wife appeared in a couple of early episodes and his real life father played the Professor Gerard character (ethics prof from Harvard). Banked enough to not have to work again period if he so chooses. And I am retired ... and spend some time on a couple of sports boards for entertainment.
Nice. Congrats on your retirement! And yes machts wife was the one girl who went to take care of her sisters kids earlier in the series.

Advertisement
One other bit from the SI article":

"Is it possible that this is all brinksmanship designed to create the most advantageous revenue sharing plan possible, as soon as possible? Maybe. But discussions with half a dozen league sources revealed significant irritation with Florida State for exacerbating an aura of ACC instability. Some league reps say they would just as soon see FSU leave, freeing up potentially hundreds of millions in forfeited revenue and exit fees that would be distributed to remaining league members."

Blow the ACC up, sooner the better

semenholes Exit Watch Continues Despite ACC’s 2024 Deadline Passing

SEC told them to wait!

Makes sense.

The SEC's new TV deal kicks in for 2025 and the CFP can be totally restructured beginning in '26.

Conferences will want to have all their ducks in a row by the time the format is $olidified

Last edited:
From SI.com today:

"A source described Florida State and Clemson as 'very connected,' albeit approaching their conference affiliation with very different PR strategies. Where the two football-centric schools could land if they left the ACC remains an unanswered, nine-figure question."

Does this mean UM-Clemson and/or UM-FSU are no longer things like many speculated last fall?

Does it indicate we're headed one direction (B1G) and those two another (SEC)?

It means F$U is continuing to spin its own narrative...

Advertisement
So the Law Firm of @NorthernVirginiaCane PA was right after all and @TheOriginalCane was not right and we’re stuck until 2036???

👀

💣

😂
I get that people like to sound important and pass time on message boards, but this was just a waste of pixels. You aren't getting out of an irrevocable assignment and you aren't dissolving the ACC. Nobody is leaving.

Figure out a way to squeeze more from espn, go to unequal distributions and/or kick out Wake.

I get that people like to sound important and pass time on message boards, but this was just a waste of pixels. You aren't getting out of an irrevocable assignment and you aren't dissolving the ACC. Nobody is leaving.

Figure out a way to squeeze more from espn, go to unequal distributions and/or kick out Wake.

Thank you for reasserting your ownership on some of the most ridiculous and uninformed hot takes ever. Ones that will be proven wrong soon.

You can’t be proved wrong until we get out the way they talked about. I assume we can buy our way out though.

That said, I’m not sure why you think the schools can’t dissolve the ACC if they have a requisite number of schools, whatever that number is. If it’s 8 it’s certainly possible.

Advertisement

taskmaster-doubling-down.gif

On a pair of twos when the dealer is showing an ace.

More straw poll statistics from Andrea "The Gator" Adelson:

'What was certain was there were votes in favor of expansion (Notre Dame, Wake Forest, Louisville, Miami, Georgia Tech) and votes opposed (Clemson, Florida State, North Carolina) and swing votes in between. Another administrator thought enough of the 15 voting presidents would swing to yes and get the required 12 to approve expansion. Once the call started, it became clear that would not be the case. No official vote was taken (as TOC and others pointed out). In straw polling, the fourth school opposed was NC State, according to multiple sources.

So ...

Yes: UM, Wake, Louisville, Ga Tech and the leprechauns

No: Clemson, free shoes, UNC and NC State (Nos. 17-20 for the SEC, imo, thus maintaining that conference in "contiguous" states as Sankey likes to boast)

Eunuchs: UVA, Va Tech, Pitt, BC, Duke, Syracuse

USC-UCLA, then U-Dub, Oregon ... kinda feels like we're gonna enter in tandem with Notre Dame.

That would be one helluva media splash for the B1G and its new commissioner

Outside of the West Coast moves, the only tangible ACC thing that's happened factually in 2023 is us and ND getting into AAU at least a couple years ahead of schedule?

Advertisement
FSU, Clemson, NC, and NC St voted against ACC expansion.
Miami and ND voted for adding the remaining Pac12 members.

I suspect the pairs are FSU/Clem, NC/NC St, and Miami/ND.

Adelson reported that FSU was never in serious talks with the B1G. B1G really wants ND who happened to vote for ACC expansion. That leads me to believe that behind the scenes, Rad probably paired up with ND. A Miami/ND pairing for the B1G makes much more sense than FSU/Clem. Now that Aug 15 has passed with no action, the biggest dummies in the room look like the FSU pres and AD while everyone else sat back allowing them to make a public tantrum.

Advertisement
It should be mentioned that UNC, UVA, and Pitt are AAU schools. Along with Miami and ND, the only other one close is FSU.

They may have stated that it wasn't a requirement to join the Big 10, but it is a preference due to the focus on academics.

Advertisement
Back