MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
No news is good news. Today is Aug 15!

So I take it that FSU pounding their chest, proclaiming they're leaving, and taking Clemson with them isn't happening.
florida state fsu GIF by ESPN

Advertisement
I'm seeing some stuff about fusion.

Commercial fusion is about 4-5 decades away. Hype click-bait will tell you that we've done it but that's not correct. The National Ignition Facilitys recent break-even announcement of putting 2 megajouls in and getting 3 out is true. The laser system that produce the initial two megajoules required 300 megajoules. So let's not get carried away.

What comes next after these demonstrators is ITER. It has been in the works and under construction for almost 40 years. Its construction was delayed by COVID and delayed again by Russia invading Ukraine since Russia is one of the primary partners. When this facility turns on (scheduled late 20s likely mid 30s) it is supposed to be the first true demonstration of fusion break-even.

Next generation after that is called DEMO which the United States is not signed on to (yet). It will be the first commercial fusion reactor demonstrator based on ITER and it's slated to go online in 2057. Over the following decades we will begin to see commercial fusion reactors go online.

Sorry to be tearing down hopes once again but all of us here will be beyond retirement age or dead when fusion takes hold. Who knows maybe we'll be free of the GOR by then.

Last edited:
Very entertaining series. We just started watching about 3 weeks ago ... just finishing season 7. Interesting characters. If you enjoy Suits the Lincoln Lawyer is also a good watch.
Wife and I just started recently too. Great show!

Advertisement
Physics for some reason has been at a **** standstill since the HBomb.
How many **** particle racetracks have been built and we can’t figure anything out.
Seems weird AF to me.
We can’t figure out dark matter, gravity, or whatever.

Unified theory isn’t anywhere close to being figured out.

To put it into perspective, there were people that were little kids at the time of the civil war that were still alive to see the first bomb.

Those people grew up on hoarse and carriage and got to see the progression to jet engines and rockets.

And that’s been pretty much it since then. Besides telecommunications and memory storage/processors speed, we’re still lighting up explosives to create thrust similar to the first **** Chinese bottle rocket.
And the captured alien technology hasn’t fully reverse engineered! Darn it!

As far as we know…

Commercial fusion is about 4-5 decades away. Hype click-bait will tell you that we've done it but that's not correct. The National Ignition Facilitys recent break-even announcement of putting 2 megajouls in and getting 3 out is true. The laser system that produce the initial two megajoules required 300 megajoules. So let's not get carried away.

What comes next after these demonstrators is ITER. It has been in the works and under construction for almost 40 years. Its construction was delayed by COVID and delayed again by Russia invading Ukraine since Russia is one of the primary partners. When this facility turns on (scheduled late 20s likely mid 30s) it is supposed to be the first true demonstration of fusion break-even.

Next generation after that is called DEMO which the United States is not signed on to (yet). It will be the first commercial fusion reactor demonstrator based on ITER and it's slated to go online in 2057. Over the following decades we will begin to see commercial fusion reactors go online.

Sorry to be tearing down hopes once again but all of us here will be beyond retirement age or dead when fusion takes hold. Who knows maybe we'll be free of the GOR by then.
Ice Cube Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement

Oh god, what have I done!!??

Advertisement
Back