MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Wellll....F$U actually IS running their mouths...the President is a lame former politician. The AD has a booster club background at prior stops, including running the F$U booster club immediately before taking the job. Oh, and he was an AD at Central Michigan.

It's amateur hour over there at F$U. They are leaking like a sieve and yapping like a chihuahua.
Fire up Chips!

Not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying FSU is no closer to getting out than anyone else, despite the saber rattling.

There's also a narrative out there claiming FSU has a standing invite to the B1G. I doubt that seriously.
The guy who has been putting that narrative out there (@Genetics56) is pretty wired into the B10 administrators. He has a lot of very solid information on this entire P2 realignment ... especially as to B10 interests / desires. Things do change ... and ESPN / SEC might get their act together and grab FSU / Clemson ... but when @Genetics56 states

a). The B10 goal is a national conference
b). The next "tier" to their conference is the "Southern Tier" with potentially as many as 4 ACC programs
c). First two priorities based on viewership (games with 4 million viewers and over since 2012) are FSU / Clemson
then Miami (and ND is included as a scheduling agreement).

I believe he has solid information. The B10 wants those schools, if they could grab 4 today it would most likely be FSU / Clemson / Miami / UNC. BUT the GOR has to be addressed and according to his comments there is a lot of horse trading going on behind the scenes with different media partners. From a tactics standpoint, it probably makes the MOST SENSE to delay, let all 8-9 programs that are seriously interested in getting out get soft commitments on landing spots (B10 / SEC / B12) then with a coordinated effort vote to dissolve the conference a year from now and commence play in 25 or 26 in whatever that landing spot is for the teams involved.

Advertisement
Not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying FSU is no closer to getting out than anyone else, despite the saber rattling.

There's also a narrative out there claiming FSU has a standing invite to the B1G. I doubt that seriously.
That “standing invite” is about as legitimate as the “benefactor” that they supposedly have that’s willing to cover “most” of the $120,000,000 exit fee. They don’t have any leverage and are trying to give the impression that they do.

Everyone remember when B1G allegedly vetted about 10 schools?

FSU & Clemson were not on the list if it was accurate.

All a smoke screen for them to SEC and others to B1G??

At the time, I believe that the vetting of schools was more in harmony with "AAU schools", which Clemson and F$U are not.

Fox/CBS/NBC have forced the inclusion of Clemson-F$U on viewership grounds, and have really seized the upper ground away from the Big 10 Presidents/ADs when it comes to decision-making.

Advertisement
At the time, I believe that the vetting of schools was more in harmony with "AAU schools", which Clemson and F$U are not.

Fox/CBS/NBC have forced the inclusion of Clemson-F$U on viewership grounds, and have really seized the upper ground away from the Big 10 Presidents/ADs when it comes to decision-making.
The media partners also have the ability to negotiate with ESPN and horse trade in the event the ACC isn't dissolved and they want to get 2-4 teams OUT of the ACC. FOX can do that while the B10 presidents cannot. Would be fascinating to know what is really taking place behind closed doors.

Advertisement

Its Happening GIF by MOODMAN

I just can't imagine the SEC giving up Clemson and FSU. There's nothing left for them, expansion wise, if those programs are gone. They no longer have a regionally dominated conference and the BIG10 becomes truly national. The BIG10 could even go into Texas and grab a a few to diminish that share. If they take FSU, Clemson, and say UNC then they do have a lock on the Southeast market.

I think the BIG10 stuff with FSU/Clemson was leverage to get the SEC to give them whatever it is that they want.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back