MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
The current state of the ACC:
Sick Kill Me GIF

Funny, but Cameron was clearly still alive in this scene. The ACC is mummified.

Advertisement

Big 12 with Louisville, NC State, Pitt, and VT would actually be a really fun (and respectable) conference. Also would continue to elevate itself through basketball with those programs as well. As long as Miami isn’t there though.

I know a lot of people don’t like this conference realignment but I’m not sure how you look at the potential matchups that would exist within the newly formatted B1G, SEC, and Big 12 and be like nahhhh…..I don’t wanna see that.

Big 12 with Louisville, NC State, Pitt, and VT would actually be a really fun (and respectable) conference. Also would continue to elevate itself through basketball with those programs as well. As long as Miami isn’t there though.

I know a lot of people don’t like this conference realignment but I’m not sure how you look at the potential matchups that would exist within the newly formatted B1G, SEC, and Big 12 and be like nahhhh…..I don’t wanna see that.
Anything to take middle Tennessee southwest Louisiana international central dental off our future schedules.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Its almost August 15. Either something is going to happen or not. Either case, at least it will be permanently or temporarily over until next year. Am i right or no?

Advertisement
Stanford and Cal to Big10 at 25% distribution makes a lot of sense with ACC off table for them. Stanford doesn’t need money. Cal does, but @ 25% share they’ll make about as much as they would have in PAC, AND they will be able to share some of UCLAs revenue since they’re both UCs.

Fox would get the entire West Coast market - most importantly 100% of California - of 6 teams for the equivalent cost of ~3.5 Big10 shares. Equivalent to about $44M/School for USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Stanford, Cal.

And the Big10 university presidents would be adding two top 10 academic programs in the country. There is basically zero downside to this for Fox/Big10 if at only 25% distribution.

To add, that reduced 25% distribution for Stanford/Cal would — like U-Dub and Oregon's ~50% share — end around 2030 when the B1G goes back to market.

Or ... those B1G dollars could increase in '24 if, for example, Amazon buys a package with Friday night games and/or the Saturday late window (7:30 PT)

To add, that reduced 25% distribution for Stanford/Cal would — like U-Dub and Oregon's ~50% share — end around 2030 when the B1G goes back to market.

Or ... those B1G dollars could increase in '24 if, for example, Amazon buys a package with Friday night games and/or the Saturday late window (7:30 PT)
Well I still think that for the next round of media deals, Big10 and probably SEC will enter being full unequal distribution across the board - or top like 36 programs nationally will just fully break off.

Lets put this in perspective. Over the last 40 years Cal is comparable or better than Maryland, Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue, Northwestern, Rutgers, and Indiana for football success. They are in a better market than most/close to all of them - though may not get quite as good ratings as some. And Stanford is significantly better than Cal... All those programs I just named - 8 including cal are clearly on a tier below the rest of the Big10 (including teams from ACC that will eventually join) in terms of football success.

So I'd say get Stanford and Cal in at 25% rate. Then in 2030 those bottom like 10 get $75M/yr or maybe even less, with the top 14 getting $125M/yr+

Advertisement
Back