MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

It would follow. The "buyout" is based on replacing revenue ... so if the base revenue drops the buyout drops.
So we’ll let a couple go first, the buyout drops and we then pay a lesser amount than the first 2 - i.e., FSU and Clemson.

Advertisement
How about everyone leave the ACC and start their own conference?
We form our own 6 team "pod of pseudo-independence" with FSU, Clemson, UNC, Stanford & Notre Dame. Apple gives us $300 mil a year to split with subscription incentives. We figure out the Playoff access and other sports later.

Problem solved. Thank you, Steve Jobs.

Jacurri Brown is who I thought he was (and said it numerous times): A LOW PROBABILITY PROJECT.

I liken it to a guy learning to play golf. You'll eventually get to where you can strike the ball nicely at the range, but when you get on the course and have to hit different shots with different lies, its a whole-nutter thing.

Emory Williams OTOH has a polished swing. It's time for him to be getting the lion's share of the Non-TVD reps.

Am I the only one who wishes people giving updates would not use player names and rather say things like:

"The kid from Louisville."
"The younger Brown brother"
"The running back from Nebraska"
Etc...

:haha-smiley:
You’re in the Conference thread my guy. Lol

Advertisement
So we’ll let a couple go first, the buyout drops and we then pay a lesser amount than the first 2 - i.e., FSU and Clemson.
How about if 8 of us leave at the same time ... dissolve the ACC Conference and then there is NO EXIT FEE or GOR!!
Two teams leaving won't lower the conference $120M exit fee ... and the impact on the GOR will be basically negligible if we have to pay for 12 years of it.

This is what I don't get. If we choose to believe the genetics guy and the Big Ten is coming after Florida State and it's only a matter of time, why are getting so much talk from FSU? If they have a clear path to the B1G seems to me they wouldn't be saying much and trying to create a narrative.

Advertisement
How about if 8 of us leave at the same time ... dissolve the ACC Conference and then there is NO EXIT FEE or GOR!!
Two teams leaving won't lower the conference $120M exit fee ... and the impact on the GOR will be basically negligible if we have to pay for 12 years of it.
Similarly, I wonder who the named recipient of the exit fee is. If it is the ACC and you negotiate to pay it over 5 years, and the ACC dissolves after 2 years, then do you still have an obligation to pay the rest?

Similarly, I wonder who the named recipient of the exit fee is. If it is the ACC and you negotiate to pay it over 5 years, and the ACC dissolves after 2 years, then do you still have an obligation to pay the rest?
Exit fee is due upon exit .. not over time. So ... get 8-10 programs on the same page .... find homes and vote to dissolve next August 14. Play the final season in the ACC ...2024 ... then move on.

I don’t know what genuinely is dissolvable while eliminating the buyout. Not saying it isn’t possible, I’m just don’t follow close enough to have an opinion which is why I try to read and ask things of you and TOC.

Advertisement
I don’t know what genuinely is dissolvable while eliminating the buyout. Not saying it isn’t possible, I’m just don’t follow close enough to have an opinion which is why I try to read and ask things of you and TOC.

It's all good. It's all love.

I would wager a large sum of cash on the concept that...if less than 8 schools leave a still-existing/barely-breathing ACC, then the exit fee WOULD be owed by those schools exiting...and if 8 or more schools take a vote to dissolved the ACC and leave, nobody would owe anything in the way of an exit fee.

On the other hand, the GOR is trickier. If our rights have, indeed, been sold to ESPN, then even if all 15 teams wanted to go elsewhere, ESPN would still "own" those rights. And, as poorly drafted as the original GOR is, there is no provision for a buyout, even if we all know that enough money can cure any dispute.

But I still think the argument is a fair one to make, that if there "is no" ACC, then it doesn't matter what ESPN owns...unless they were willing to pay hundreds of millions to broadcast BC and Syracuse Big East home games and still pay the ACC Trust (the successor to the ACC) the same amount they were going to pay to the old ACC.

There's a lot of bluffing and bull****ting involved here, which I believe will fall by the wayside when push comes to shove.

Your mileage may vary.

Someone who actually has a Twatter account needs to ask Brett where the recorded vote is. And whether he is willing to stand behind his "reporting" that if JUST ONE of those schools switches its vote, then Stanford-Cal are in...

Because if it was REAAAAAALLLLLLY that close, then all those Presidents and ADs would still be in a room hammering out a compromise.

Advertisement
Just going to put this out there, but there will come a day when the P2 start poaching each other. Once the good ACC teams are off the board there is no reason why the Big 10 couldn't poach, for example, the Texas Longhorns. They will not need to grab a team like SMU or TCU (ACC may need to but not BIG). If the BIG is paying better than the SEC, and because they're now a national conference, I could easily see Texas making the jump from the SEC. But that's a ways off.

But imagine if the Big 10 pulls Miami, UNC, FSU, and Clemson. Now they're the better conference than the SEC and will forever get better TV deals. They're also the better academic conference. Nick Saban is close to retirement. I could easily see Texas, which has no loyalty to the SEC or history with that league, making that move.
THIS....Would LOVE to see such a Big 10 scenario.

The earlier poster said mopes always crap on good news. I asked for an example. Which of 5-7,FIU, or MTSU was good news.

So Florida State is so coordinated in their agenda that they feed a fan site to do their bidding to further attack our recruiting - sewing seeds of doubt about our conference future and being broke…adding a plant about having a rich benefactor that’ll drop $120M…

Meanwhile, we’re hunting whales, making excuses and providing them ammo because we’d rather act smart and argue…. worrying about Wario Cristobum being a mean name…

Brilliant

What @Genetics56 stated last night in his "B10 Conference Realignment Community" thread is "The B10 media partners will acquire the rights".
So if THAT is correct ... then we don't have to concern ourselves with having 8 votes, dissolving the conference, or the GOR and exit fee.
He is saying the B10 media partners are 1). Targeting 4-6 ACC schools 2). And will acquire the rights and cost of those teams switching conferences.

The short term "cost" might be several of the ACC programs that switch, might therefore have to take a less than full share for several years (but THEY are not covering the GOR buyback costs).

IF that is accurate ... beer is on me at the Titanic (fights allowed).
I wish they could manage to get FSU, Clemson, Miami and UNC to stick it to the SEC and overcome them completely in football in due time. That would create the supreme conference competitivity to ultimately match or pass the SEC on winning championships in football. I do believe the SEC will make a move for Clemson and FSU though unfortunately, but all of the networks ultimately decide how it plays out.

Advertisement
Back