MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
The benefit to f$u making noise and throwing a public tantrum is that they can easily convince recruits there’s a plan to leave the ACC. And their recruits will take comfort in “thinking” they will play in a P2 conference (either the B1G or SEC), unlike Miami which will be left holding the bag. It’s hard for us to counter that argument no mater how specious because our AD has publicly indicated that the best course of action is to keep the ACC together.

Note: This doesn’t mean I believe Miami will be “left holding the bag” but that others will make that argument to negatively recruit against us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The benefit to f$u making noise and throwing a public tantrum is that they can easily convince recruits there’s a plan to leave the ACC. And their recruits will take comfort in “thinking” they will play in a P2 conference (either the B1G or SEC), unlike Miami which will be left holding the bag. It’s hard for us to counter that argument no mater how specious because our AD has publicly indicated that the best course of action is to keep the ACC together.
I agree.

The university is managing things from a legal lens, potentially limiting exposure to excess penalties for leaving. However, the continued negative perception across college football may end up being more damaging. That’s my fear as it feels like more of the same.

I agree.

The university is managing things from a legal lens, potentially limiting exposure to excess penalties for leaving. However, the continued negative perception across college football may end up being more damaging. That’s my fear as it feels like more of the same.

My fear is we continued to be a complete cluster**** with smartest guy in the room mentality when we thought we’ve changed…

NIL and Conference are predictable recruiting conversations and somehow we appear to be left fumbling our words and making excuses.

LOl, all the talk and they didn’t do a **** thing. All the noise of FSU moving to the top of the Big Ten’s wishlist was just bull**** planted by the Noles.
I think the only solid takeaway that anyone can have after these past few weeks is that nobody really knows what's *actually* going on. This is a classic situation of people recycling rumors and seeing if any of them stick. FSU's screaming at the top of its lungs to get out, but unless they've got that big $$$ lying around they're not going anywhere at the moment.

Ultimately the ACC is done. I do agree the votes to dissolve will be there once everyone finds a home, but the hard part is finding everyone a home. I ultimately think that we end up in the Big 10 (AAU, big research $$$, brand recognition, football history/potential, + competitive BBL and BB programs). FSU and Clemson and up in the SEC imho, better fit there.

Advertisement
1691792993756.png

LOl, all the talk and they didn’t do a **** thing. All the noise of FSU moving to the top of the Big Ten’s wishlist was just bull**** planted by the Noles.
This is what happens when you go to JP Morgan with a 490 credit score. You end up crawling back to your Section 8 housing currently known as The ACC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
FSU first threw a tantrum then talked a big game and now Aug 15th will pass with nothing but that.... Just talk. As expected.

The extra year might play out in our favor anyway. If we can manage a good season, look like we are on the upswing and maybe even generate some nice TV numbers (TA&M, Clem, FSU) it could improve our position in the pecking order.

Advertisement
Back