MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

the rumours spilling out now don't have miami as part of the voting block against. Allegedly it was FSU, Clemson, UNC and NCST

I could see all those schools having an "understanding" with the SEC (which in turn has figured out the logistics of adding the 4 acc teams with ESPN) . Fits the geographic profile. The only one that doesn't bring as much business is NC St, but I think the SEC knows the NC legislature is going to insist on NC ST getting an invite as well. As for the B1G, they are probably interested in UM, but makes no business sense to talk money until the SEC moves on the 4 teams. UM will be in a desperate situation after that (whereas Clemson and FSU could potentially go to either B1G or SEC, UM only has the B1G) and would likely take half shares like Oregon and Washington, because there is no alternative. My guess is Rad knows this too, which is part of the reason he thinks saving the ACC is currently UM's best option.

Last edited:
Advertisement
'IF' this fanbase finds out he voted yes for expansion only months after completely botching the baseball hire, he's going to feel the wrath.
The vast majority of the fanbase is mostly oblivious to all of this. If we had a little more on-field success I might even covet the blissful ignorance they'd be enjoying.

Advertisement

Because we are trying to read tea leaves wherever they are, maybe (hopefully?) this is Rudy referring to realignment in light of the negativity over the past few days.

He does not tweet a lot so this also made me remember, for all the Rad talk, I will say, especially if you listened to the Orange Bowl Boys episode with the hour long interview of Rudy last year, this is an incredibly smart dude who we are lucky to have. If you do not have a lot of trust in Rad for his role in the GoR while at Clemson, I think Rudy is a guy we can count on doing whatever it takes for the university and athletic department.

But alas, as someone just mentioned, this all may be irrelevant, neither Rad nor Rudy can save us here if the networks do not want us.

Because we are trying to read tea leaves wherever they are, maybe (hopefully?) this is Rudy referring to realignment in light of the negativity over the past few days.

He does not tweet a lot so this also made me remember, for all the Rad talk, I will say, especially if you listened to the Orange Bowl Boys episode with the hour long interview of Rudy last year, this is an incredibly smart dude who we are lucky to have. If you do not have a lot of trust in Rad for his role in the GoR while at Clemson, I think Rudy is a guy we can count on doing whatever it takes for the university and athletic department.

But alas, as someone just mentioned, this all may be irrelevant, neither Rad nor Rudy can save us here if the networks do not want us.

Wasn't Rudy one of the few #MannyBros that was against firing him?

Advertisement
Advertisement
the rumours spilling out now don't have miami as part of the voting block against. Allegedly it was FSU, Clemson, UNC and NCST

If true (and it's certainly possible), this has Sankey's fingerprints all over it.

FSU and Clemson are SEC no-brainers despite Midwest homers beating the drums for the B1G.

But UNC being aligned with NCSU instead of UVA (again, if true) would be telling. Could easily see the SEC taking both those schools, while it's hard to see NC State as a serious Big Ten target.

If the Heels and the Cavaliers were voting in alignment, that would fit more in line with UNC looking the Big Ten's way

Advertisement
While I understand on-field success isn’t a driving force in realignment, I don’t know how the AP/coaches poll and playoff rankings are going to work in a world of only 2 super conferences (BIG/SEC) without considering the Big 12 as a potential 3rd. We know the current system heavily favors all Power 5 schools and makes it virtually impossible for anyone else to earn a CFP birth. There’s no way you can have a similar system favoring only the SEC/BIG programs in the future.

The majority of the current Big 12 is better than the BIG and that’s just a fact. Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State are really all they’ve got. The rest of the BIG would lose to almost every school in the Big 12. Are AP rankings seriously going to treat TCU, Baylor, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State like we treat G5 programs now? And favor far weaker programs like Rutgers, Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Maryland, and UCLA just because they’re considered part of a freshly deemed “super conference”? I just can’t envision a scenario where that happens. You’re setting yourself up for playoff snubs and a large majority of the Big 12 would have good cause to call the rankings bull****.

I don’t expect the quality of play in the Big 12 to drop off significantly in the near future despite the revenue gap and I wouldn’t expect Rutgers to improve their on-field product either. The BIG/SEC aren’t going to boot their under-performers. I think you have to envision a world of 3 super conferences who should receive equal respect from the AP/CFP rankings that are based on actual performance.

And abstaining is the same as voting no if that's what he did.

Yes.

And "significant roadblocks" is not "hey, guysm, we're one flipped vote away from expansion!!!".

This is just sad and pathetic, that the Mope Squad is so **** ready and happy to sow discord over the perception of Miami's position, based on falsely assuring "don't sue me" words and behavior.

Miami wants out. But the Mope Squad is going to try to convince you otherwise.

Advertisement
Back