MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

when the "hill you're dying on" is the high ground lol

Stop bull****ting everyone. You were talking up Washington-Oregon as full-value takes, and they had to ***** themselves out at half-price.

You had NO IDEA that swerve was coming. You were acting like Washington-Oregon were better than most all of the ACC schools, when the reality is that they were worth far LESS than all the ACC schools likely to get an invitation.

Advertisement
Here's my best case scenario:

ACC ponies up big $$$ to keep everyone happy.

Adding Stanford & Cal is a no brainer. Great academics and a classic rivalry. ACC gets west coast exposure.

Add SMU & Memphis & to get into Tennessee & Texas & call it a day.
You forgot one thing: they don’t care about football.

Advertisement
Here's my best case scenario:

ACC ponies up big $$$ to keep everyone happy.

Adding Stanford & Cal is a no brainer. Great academics and a classic rivalry. ACC gets west coast exposure.

Add SMU & Memphis & to get into Tennessee & Texas & call it a day.

What pile of money is the conference sitting on from which they could pony?

IMO, there is no point or choice to salvage the ACC with adding anyone available.. Even as the standalone #3 conference.. Once the Big 2 get up and running, everyone else will get left in the dust..... Those 2 conferences will RUN everything... and the recruits will only want to play in those two...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
That‘s fair but it is also what was said during the Blake James/Manny Diaz dismissal saga.

That's what the loser-mopes can't admit.

That their whole "20 years a loser" justification doesn't hold up under scrutiny when you have hired a new AD and head football coach.

Sure, they can linger on, whining for the first year like "nothing has changed", but very soon their schticks will be cut off.

That's what the loser-mopes can't admit.

That their whole "20 years a loser" justification doesn't hold up under scrutiny when you have hired a new AD and head football coach.

Sure, they can linger on, whining for the first year like "nothing has changed", but very soon their schticks will be cut off.
I first read this as "...their ****s will be cut off."

I thought to myself, ****, @RVACane is no longer ******* around. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill.

Advertisement
Back