MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

You know the only way to salvation on the Conference issue is through @calinative umstudent

View attachment 249781
PopeMiamiBig10.png

Advertisement
Two caveats on the below which I don’t think I’ve see posted in this thread and once again it’s warchant so take it more as giant salt shaker and consider the source, but at least of some interest here as to what they think is going on.

that said as others have previously commented the sovereign immunity law in Florida is not the same as texas so I would discount that part

also this is from 8/4 which Is like 7 years ago nowadays

View attachment 249782
DeSantis will not pass on an opportunity to stick it to Disney. That part is believable and probable. Hopefully, Rad and others can leverage that DeSantis’ dislike for Disney to our advantage while letting f$u take the heat from the media and others.

ACC is so far behind the power curve when to comes to realignment. Apparently, they were considering adding PAC 12 schools but waited too long as the Big 12 and Big 10 took the schools they wanted. We're in conference purgatory unless something drastic changes

Advertisement
ACC is so far behind the power curve when to comes to realignment. Apparently, they were considering adding PAC 12 schools but waited too long as the Big 12 and Big 10 took the schools they wanted. We're in conference purgatory unless something drastic changes

The Pac-12 schools were always going to choose the Big 12 over the ACC. Even though the ACC could hypothetically offer more money and a shorter grant of rights, the Big-12 is geographically closer which means lower travel costs that more than offset any extra money the ACC can offer. Plus, despite the GOR, the Mid-12 TV deal comes up for renewal sooner, which could theoretically trigger another realignment.

The ASU AD specifically said something about not wanting to send soccer teams to Syracuse in the fall.

Advertisement
We will end up in Big 12 if ACC collapses. SEC values FSU, Clemson and even UNC above us. Big 10 has no reason to expand farther unless ND wants in. As I said a couple weeks ago and was blasted I thought Oregon and Washington would be added to Big 10 before anyone in the east. Just made business sense with UCLA and USC on board.

How incompetent can you be? I wonder if the schools could somehow sue to get out due to how poorly the conference has been led.

Advertisement
The only thing tangible that has happen to give us hope is the AAU vote. No way we get that over other teams that were left out if the Big 10 didn't step in.

Advertisement
We will end up in Big 12 if ACC collapses. SEC values FSU, Clemson and even UNC above us. Big 10 has no reason to expand farther unless ND wants in. As I said a couple weeks ago and was blasted I thought Oregon and Washington would be added to Big 10 before anyone in the east. Just made business sense with UCLA and USC on board.
"No reason to expand further"?

You mean capturing a slice of the first or second largest college football TV market isn't a good enough reason to expand further?

Advertisement
Back