MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Okay in crayon for the idiots

View attachment 248460

This just makes sense. Which if I'm the SEC, I'm doing everything I can to prevent that. So we should have both Top 2 conferences gunning to add us. I personally want us in the BiG though. Better academics (not even close), bigger media markets, national footprint, harder for conference schools to undermine our home recruiting advantage.

Advertisement
Not sure if this is directed at me or not. But it’s an oversimplification to put down anyone simply because they believe Genetics provides valuable information. Discount his information. Disregard it entirely, if you want. But just because others find it helpful in trying to decipher what the University is doing seems unfair and borderline pompous.
I’m not putting down anyone. I’m saying his info is so salted with his own opinion that it’s meaningless. You can eat the meal if you want.

Screenshot_20230806_183911_X.jpg

Advertisement
Genetics dude on Twitter is connected in the BIG10, not the SEC.

The SEC is the one that can change all this, when they make their move - and I don't doubt they will make a move. All this talk about the BIG10 moving to 24 to build their national conference. But most of these assumptions are that ESPN will basically just lay down and die, and that the SEC won't protect their region. The BIG10 has their plan for Southeast expansion. But plans change when you get punched in the mouth, and for some reason people expect the SEC to not throw any punches.

SEC could just as easily go for Us, FSU, Clemson, and UNC (ESPN paying an additional like $30-60M/school) by offering us all full shares, then even possibly offer half shares to Virginia schools, GTech,NCSt, etc (which would be ESPN paying basically the same or slightly less than they currently pay those schools) and completely shut the Big10 out of the South East forever. Then ESPN could just drop the rest of the ACC schools. Let them go wherever they want, and tell the Big12 they're (ESPN) not going to pay $20M/school for any further additions since they aren't contractually obligated to do so. I really don't see why that is viewed as an impossible move for the SEC to make, yet it's so likely for the BIG10 to essentially make the same move.

ESPN and Disney aren't broke. And while they did fire hella people, these hosts aren't exactly irreplaceable. Meanwhile CFB actually makes them money.
I need a new champion in this thread to cheer on and root for since the lead attorney extraordinaire got shelved by Eva Green and everyone else seems so traditional. And you called Oregon and Washington to the Big 10.

Cali the Clairvoyant… you’re not the hero I deserve… but you’re the hero I need.

xtZt2aw2.gif

… And please get me a better picture of the girl in your avatar. She’s all blurry.

I need a new champion in this thread to cheer on and root for since the lead attorney extraordinaire got shelved by Eva Green and everyone else seems so traditional. And you called Oregon and Washington to the Big 10.

Cali the Clairvoyant… you’re not the hero I deserve… but you’re the hero I need.

View attachment 249738

… And please get me a better picture of the girl in your avatar. She’s all blurry.
He’s been allowed back for a day or so.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are we sure the MAC doesn’t want to expand into the Florida markets?
Our game against Miami, Ohio is actually for MAC membership. Loser has to stay in/move to the ACC.

Rad makin' 18 dimensional chess moves while we're here fretting over B1G nonsense! Eastern, Western, Central Michigan? We're gonna play em ALL!!!!

Lots of pieces here and all impact what happens, some can have real movement over the next year. Our position is good and can only improve. My guess is the ACC stays intact because of the GOR. Interesting days and times.

So, the consensus, minus the bull****, is that Miami is a VERY desirable program that will enhance the viewership and programming worth of the Big 10 Conference and it is simply a matter of when Radakovich gets the details of Miami's exit from the ACC worked out until Miami announces their move to the B10. Thanks very much ... it has taken us a long time to reach that UNANIMOUS conclusion. Your continued support is greatly appreciated. Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Back