MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
I have been a canes fan since 1991 when I moved to Miami. Suffered through so many bad years and my kids laugh my yearly optimism, the oldest born in 2004. (Moved to LA in 2006 so they are not really from Miami.

If the Canes don’t land in the Big or SEC I am done. It is over. No more hope in the string of bad coaches and lack of dedication. No more hope in Rad, Mario or Zo.
The Canes as an elite program would be finished. I would rather sign the 60 ranked class and finish 3-9 than get left out of the P2. Being in one of those 2 conferences is our only shot to get #6.

I have been a canes fan since 1991 when I moved to Miami. Suffered through so many bad years and my kids laugh my yearly optimism, the oldest born in 2004. (Moved to LA in 2006 so they are not really from Miami.

If the Canes don’t land in the Big or SEC I am done. It is over. No more hope in the string of bad coaches and lack of dedication. No more hope in Rad, Mario or Zo.
The Canes as an elite program would be finished. I would rather sign the 60 ranked class and finish 3-9 than get left out of the P2. Being in one of those 2 conferences is our only shot to get #6.
I think the Canes will end up in the Big 10 or SEC. If not though, it will be terrible to lose another diehard fan that our fanbase is so well known for.

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

This reads as

“I have no connection to south Florida, the city of Miami, or the University of Miami.

I became a fan of UM in ‘91 when they were at the top of their game.

I feel very put-upon that I’ve had to suffer through the last 15 years, during which my kids have made fun of me.

If UM doesn’t make the immediate changes I deem necessary, I’m going to revoke my half-assed fandom.

Thanks for listening to my Ted Talk”

Advertisement
This reads as

“I have no connection to south Florida, the city of Miami, or the University of Miami.

I became a fan of UM in ‘91 when they were at the top of their game.

I feel very put-upon that I’ve had to suffer through the last 15 years, during which my kids have made fun of me.

If UM doesn’t make the immediate changes I deem necessary, I’m going to revoke my half-assed fandom.

Thanks for listening to my Ted Talk”
Shocking someone with so little understanding of the importance of this issue is also incapable of basic math.

And yes it is crazy to become a fan of a team in a city you move to when they are dominating.

Shocking someone with so little understanding of the importance of this issue is also incapable of basic math.

And yes it is crazy to become a fan of a team in a city you move to when they are dominating.
Well, what good happenstance for you. If LA = Los Angeles, USC is looking strong and dominating. If LA = Louisiana, LSU is looking strong and dominating. Both looking to be preseason top 10 and in the P2.

Ice Cube Friday GIF

Any idea why they'd feel differently about Miami (full share) and FSU (partial share)? I mean, that's fine with me but ... makes no logical sense.
It's not "they". That chart was ONE GUY'S idea of valuations ... NOT the media valuations. @Genetics corrected the guy who did the chart saying that THE MEDIA EVALUATION had Clemson and FSU higher than Miami.

Advertisement
One tell might be if the ACC offers Stanford and Cal. Easy to see them both declining because of distance, but on the surface it would seem to be a good fit for both schools and the conference.

Pure when? When Fred Taylor was paid by UGA then went to UF is own words. Always a myth. Man just like the food but dont wanna know how its cooked. Now they know and they barfing
[/QUOTE]

Listen, if you focus on only the negative aspects, and you poke/prod something long enough you can find fault in just about anything. I never claimed that college football was perfect, but I always felt it was the best sport we had. I don’t know about you, but I’ve never been a huge NFL fan, and I feel like I’ve spent my entire life explaining to people why I enjoyed college football immensely more than the NFL. The sad part is, I feel all these decisions are being made by soulless creatures in suits who don’t have the same emotional investment in the sport as us, the fans. Like I said, the only thing that truly surprises me anymore is the rapid introduction of said changes.

ESPN got into politics instead of sticking to sports...
🙄 nope they just had a model that was literally free money as they got a piece of every cable package regardless of if you ever watched a second of ESPN. Listen to John Skipper on Lebatard podcast if you ever want to learn why ESPN has changed as opposed to what FoxNews tells you

Advertisement
🙄 nope they just had a model that was literally free money as they got a piece of every cable package regardless of if you ever watched a second of ESPN. Listen to John Skipper on Lebatard podcast if you ever want to learn why ESPN has changed as opposed to what FoxNews tells you

I worked at Disney for 6 years. That clown that headed ESPN was an id1ot who really did care about sports as the prime reason for ESPN.. he was a typical Disney Cali hack in for an agenda. He assembled a group that reflected that. They fired him too late. Disney should have stayed far away from ESPN..

I worked at Disney for 6 years. That clown that headed ESPN was an id1ot who really did care about sports as the prime reason for ESPN.. he was a typical Disney Cali hack in for an agenda. He assembled a group that reflected that. They fired him too late. Disney should have stayed far away from ESPN..
Thanks for the fast pass. Space mountain was awesome

Why would any ACC school that doesn’t have B1G or SEC offer want to leave ACC? Big 12 pays less.

How many schools it take to implode ACC again??
Big 12 pays less for now. Big 12 contract will also come up one or maybe even two more times before 2036 and could (not for sure will) move past any ACC escalators.

Advertisement
I don't know if a venue provision is written into the GOR or not but i hope whoever is the first to leave theACC is smart enough to file their lawsuit first to get the hometown. I know shouldn't matter but it does.

ESPN made Disney billions of dollars every year on a historical run that floated Disney’s profit for a very long time. The model changed is all and their dominant run ended. And while Skipper was seemingly a coke head he was an unbelievable head of ESPN.

What happens to those sports who play a significant number of season games?

Rutger-Maryland-Penn State-Wash-Oregon-UCLA-USC are going to make all these bi-coastal trips?

Especially no direct flights?

🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘 and 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰
Private jets of course. Why do you think FSU is buying a jet. That's why Oregon asked for the extra 10 mil.

What happens to those sports who play a significant number of season games?

Rutger-Maryland-Penn State-Wash-Oregon-UCLA-USC are going to make all these bi-coastal trips?

Especially no direct flights?

🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘🕘 and 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰
All of those schools you mentioned are near major airports with direct flights, except for Penn St. Eugene is like 110 miles from Portland so that's nothing.

Advertisement
Back