MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Good one loser. Funny, I mention know nothing ***** & you're the first to show up
to the party.
Miss You Hello GIF by Ryn Dean

Advertisement
I'm not ignoring the updates, I just think they are 63% bullish!t because there is a 20+ year track record of incompetence with dozens of examples of bad decisions.

If you had a family member who constantly lied to you and pretty much only made bad decisions for 20+ years, would you co-sign a mortgage because the family member claimed to have cleaned up his act in the last 10 months? My guess is probably not - the family member would need to earn back your trust by establishing a track record of good decisions and that will take a long, long time.
That‘s fair but it is also what was said during the Blake James/Manny Diaz dismissal saga.

I want to believe in Fernandez and Echevarria steering Miami towards the best possible outcome.
Their job was done once they made the necessary changes to fix this program. Rad was one of those changes and he is the one who is running this (conference) show.

That random tweet yesterday was not a coincidence, imo. 😂

Advertisement
I'm not ignoring the updates, I just think they are 63% bullish!t because there is a 20+ year track record of incompetence with dozens of examples of bad decisions.

If you had a family member who constantly lied to you and pretty much only made bad decisions for 20+ years, would you co-sign a mortgage because the family member claimed to have cleaned up his act in the last 10 months? My guess is probably not - the family member would need to earn back your trust by establishing a track record of good decisions and that will take a long, long time.
@Cribby has a 63% bull**** rate? Jesus. Seems like I miss a lot.

Keep the receipt, my friend.

@Cribby has a 63% bull**** rate? Jesus. Seems like I miss a lot.

Keep the receipt, my friend.
Got to love the 20+ track record argument. As if Shalala and her incompetent puppets are still here. They conveniently ignore the drastic changes this athletic departure has endured in the last year and a half. They also ignore credible posters here who have predicted many of these occurrences.

Advertisement
Got to love the 20+ track record argument. As if Shalala and her incompetent puppets are still here. They conveniently ignore the drastic changes this athletic departure has endured in the last year and a half. They also ignore credible posters here who have predicted many of these occurrences.
“They used to **** their pants when they were young so they must still be ****ing their pants”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
What if the magnificent 8 or whatever all left the ACC but the teams remained together to form a new conference, potentially add a few new members and could renegotiate media deal and spread it across multiple media outlets?

What if the magnificent 8 or whatever all left the ACC but the teams remained together to form a new conference, potentially add a few new members and could renegotiate media deal and spread it across multiple media outlets?
Not a shot ... the media partners (FOX specifically) ... were the ones behind the B10 expansion and the ones that made THE decision to grab Oregon / Washington when the Pac media deal faltered. The ONLY way to get out of the ACC is with a negotiated settlement with ESPN and that is very likely ONLY HAPPENING with media partner pressure from the "destination conferences".

Funny he has weighed in on this as well and you still don’t listen

I do listen. And if you go back through his posts in this thread, for pretty much all of 2022 he was saying UM and Clemson were moving as a pair. I doubt that is the case now. Clemson isn't going to the B1G and I don't think UM is going to the SEC.

I'm not trying to pull receipts on him - I'm sure his info was good at the time. I believe Cribby when he says there were /are talks, but as far as I can tell he doesn't predict the future. No one here can say if we can get out of the GOR. FSU and Clemson both have nuclear options and can have their respective legislatures give them immunity from a lawsuit. As a private university, UM doesn't have that option. We're over a barrel right now.

Advertisement
Back