MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Question:

Assume $$$ is roughly the same.

What conference would you want our Canes in?

Big 12?
SEC?
Big10?

My order of preference:
- Big10 or Big 12 (tied)
- SEC

Miami will be last to do anything. As we have been for the last 2+ decades. We just got an indoor practice facility 6 years ago. I'm preparing myself for a new rivalry with Boise State or for us to stay in the ACC. I have more faith in the dump I just took than eyour admin. Also for all you **** negative reactors. If you know so much about our move then stop being cryptic school girls & come out & say it.
Washington Redskins Football GIF by NBC Sports Washington
Hey

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

I am thinking this too, I think we are closer to big 12 than the big 10. Which as we have said is a death sentence for program
You need to stop thinking it’s apparently not a strong suit on this topic

This can't be good for recruiting either. Recruits know the acc is falling apart. FSU has been vocal and annoying, but at least they are showing their recruits that they are fighting tooth and nail to get out of the dying acc. All the media chatter now is about FSU and Clemson leaving the acc. No one has mentioned UM in a while and I would wager there are some recruits that are wondering why UM is being so seemingly passive.
The "noise" regarding FSU / Clemson has been going on for roughly 2 weeks. Let's see if FSU actually announces next week and then see who else steps up to the plate.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Notable programs in flux ( not YET part of the big 2 super conferences)

Clemson
Miami
FSU
ND

Thats a LOT of national championships, viewership, and tradition.

Somehow, something tells me that those schools are “probably” going to be ok lol

well I see the moist patrol is Alive and well today.

no one owes you a thing. you Choose not to buy into tidbits and info some have, so be it. You don’t get to dictate how much anyone wants to or can reveal. It won’t matter anyway because you will dismiss it to fit your narrative. And several of you are too simplistic to understand that things are not always linear, even if they’re heading to the same place on Waze when it’s all said and done - or that what was a plan today can change tomorrow but it doesn’t make the previous info wrong at the time given.

Weather vs climate.

enjoy your misery for those that live for it. Keep crying

for everyone else chill out. let the next two weeks play out and also know if circumstance’s continue to change that doesn’t mean crap in long run. For me info was 2026 but then circumstances potentially are moving it UP, not removing it

Last edited:
Advertisement
This can't be good for recruiting either. Recruits know the acc is falling apart. FSU has been vocal and annoying, but at least they are showing their recruits that they are fighting tooth and nail to get out of the dying acc. All the media chatter now is about FSU and Clemson leaving the acc. No one has mentioned UM in a while and I would wager there are some recruits that are wondering why UM is being so seemingly passive.

Eh, Im not worried. Acc teams will be announcing soon enough (most likely by end of this month). Early enough to make this a non issue. And for those that think the B10 will be a vastly inferior option to the sec and the recruits will see it that say, you’ll be surprised. B10 is making some big moves and have more tv options.

Eh, Im not worried. Acc teams will be announcing soon enough (most likely by end of this month). Early enough to make this a non issue. And for those that think the B10 will be a vastly inferior option to the sec and the recruits will see it that say, you’ll be surprised. B10 is making some big moves and have more tv options.
We hope.

Advertisement
Theres no point in trying to keep posting updates when the updates that are being written are being ignored so that people can ***** about the program again.

I'm not ignoring the updates, I just think they are 63% bullish!t because there is a 20+ year track record of incompetence with dozens of examples of bad decisions.

If you had a family member who constantly lied to you and pretty much only made bad decisions for 20+ years, would you co-sign a mortgage because the family member claimed to have cleaned up his act in the last 10 months? My guess is probably not - the family member would need to earn back your trust by establishing a track record of good decisions and that will take a long, long time.

With so much $$$ at stake and the fact that FOX / CBS / NBC are driving the current realignment actions (growth of the B10 and demise of the Pac) it just makes sense for the media partners to have a sit down and put cards on the table. FOX/CBS/NBC can make life very difficult (and expensive in lost revenue) for ESPN or they can work together and facilitate the next stage of realignment. That is the elimination of the ACC conference, shutting down the ACCN (and it's associated operating expenses) and folding the ACC programs into the B10, SEC and B12 (maybe Wake and BC end up in the AAC). The ACC conference and the GOR are looking like the old Berlin Wall ... felt to be impenetrable ... then came down quickly.

Advertisement
Back