MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

The FEAST agrees and has hit the panic button.

Climate Change Earth GIF

Advertisement
ND joining the ACC was a pipe dream months ago. It's downright laughable now.

Maybe they could offer ND 90% of all tv monies, first dibs on any ACC bowl spot, and nothing but home games.
Hence the lol to begin the entire statement.

The current tuition at UM with fees but before room & board/books/etc is about $60k.

Around 500 students paying full tuition from Saudi Arabia and China for 4 years could essentially cover the entire $120 mil ACC exit fee and that's pre-litigation and paybacks.

Problem solved. I'll take a public thank you from Rad and Frenk in a halftime ceremony of our game against Minnesota in 2025.

Advertisement
Money eventually corrupts everything, and it’s happening to college football right before our very eyes. For most of our lives, college football was one of the only, maybe the only “pure” sport we had left. Regional identities, rivalries, school pride, are all being thrown out like yesterday’s trash. I guess it was inevitable, and I think the only thing that surprises me is how quickly this happened.

Money eventually corrupts everything, and it’s happening to college football right before our very eyes. For most of our lives, college football was one of the only, maybe the only “pure” sport we had left. Regional identities, rivalries, school pride, are all being thrown out like yesterday’s trash. I guess it was inevitable, and I think the only thing that surprises me is how quickly this happened.
I very very very respectfully disagree. For most of our lives, college football was already corrupt in the fact that young people on their way to adulthood were smashing their bodies in for entertainment whilst receiving no official payment nor support from the universities they played for, who proceeded to cash in on their back. And if they got hurt badly, well, tough ****, if you get dropped, theres no medical insurance for you buddy, regardless of what happens with your body afterwards.

College football has been corrupt for a very very very very long time. The idea that it is an amateur sport at heart went away a long time ago.

Advertisement
Advertisement
only a few options here for miami.

1. Fact is they been filtering with the BIG for months and months I think that’s the ultimate goal.

2. It’s BIG OR SEC or Miami is lost in the shuffle which I don’t think happens but Big 12 is a joke and can’t go there. BIG is just a bunch of random *** irrelevant teams for football at this point hopefully Miami doesn’t become 1 of them.

3. The ACC comes out swinging and keeps FSU and Clemson along with Miami and poaches a few more teams. Not sure this is feasible since FSU seems dead set on leaving. Haven’t read much on what Clemson is trying to do and no clue who the ACC could even add at this point to be relevant.

All of it circles back to Miami better get into the BIG or it’s going to be a problem.

Advertisement
Seriously doubt that. It might be the first time it's trickling out publicly, but the notion of leaving the ACC isn't new and the colleges have a ton of lawyers looking at every angle.
Should have been more specific and said publicly. I agree that behind the scenes, every scenario is more than likely being discussed.

Lol ACC’s only hope now is probably convincing ND to join and asking WVU, Cincy, UCF, Tulane, and Memphis to join and that’s a pretty ****** haul.
Clown post of the entire thread. Yeah ... ND is going to join full time. They have NO NEED to do anything but support the dissolution of the ACC so they have all of their game scheduling rights back and then their media partners set up MAJOR scheduling deals with BOTH the B10 and SEC. That way they can make more than being a member of either of the B2 conferences. 5 games with each, and 2 games for traditional rivalries. Done.

Seriously doubt that. It might be the first time it's trickling out publicly, but the notion of leaving the ACC isn't new and the colleges have a ton of lawyers looking at every angle.
The lawyers who drew up the ACC GOR package musta been a real legal dream team. Unfortunately, looks like their work is pretty air tight.

Advertisement
Back