MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

When did you predict it again??

July 21, 2022

I simply shared what I heard directly from ppl w/in the structure.

The only ones I wasn’t certain on was UO & UW since there was conflicting information. Both Oregon and Washington was really trying to make it work with the Pac 12, however, the Pac 12 was not getting the TV revenue that they had hoped for, and therefore it was in their best interest to jump ship, which is why I made a post in May 2023 saying do not discount them going to the Big Ten.

I was already fairly certain based upon the Intel that I had received that they were headed for the Big Ten at a discounted premium. The question now is, will the Big Ten finally except Cal and Stanford to lock up the California market, or will the Pac 12 try to pivot and add the premium G5 teams that’s around them? That I’m not sure of, yet, because Cal and Stanford are still trying to work out the numbers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It really depends on what the SEC does. What if the SEC says nah I'm good? or if the SEC goes for like 4-6 programs?
Lets say Big 10 adds say Miami, FSU, has a spot for ND, VTech, and GTech... That would put them at 23 after getting OU and UW. With Stanford, Cal, Pitt, and potentially more avaialble. Who would be #24? I'd assume either of those 3 would be partial shares regardless. Would Big10 REALLY go with Pitt over Stanford? Personally I doubt it.

Agreed. On the surface, that one vs one choice would seemingly be no-brainer in favor of Stanford. In reality, it's why this is all fascinating.

Would the B1G want 5 West Coast teams in a conference of an even # of 24 teams?

Did they originally give a wink and nod to USC about not adding any more Pac-12 teams and they've already created some tension with Wash and Oregon today?

That said, I personally like it when Stanford is relevant in football and even hoops. I'd much rather be in the same national conference with them as the elite academic institution versus Dook.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Crazy times. The death of two conferences in a matter of days. PAC 12 is done. ACC won't be far behind since there's now no schools left to add that are worth a ****. Just a matter of who gets out when.

They just spent $320M renovating their football stadium lol, they're not just going to give up on football. Plus Cal actually produces talent. Cal football isn't all that great, but they have more potential than plenty of B12/ACC teams imo. Plus Academics and lots of Olympic Sports are pretty elite.
Let's see how this turns out now

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back