MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Yeah all we have to go by is pages of people on canes insight saying it’s fine lol sorry that’s not enough.

If Miami is by chance not taken by the Big 10 and we have to say join the Big 12 that’s a program death sentence. Really the SEC new dollars that start soon already make it the haves Vs have nots and I just do not see the SEC getting us there even if Clemson and FSU do end up in the Big 10. UNC and Miami would make ultimate sense but I just don’t know.
greece looks GIF

Advertisement
Neither Maryland nor Rutgers got a full share from the B1G initially, right? Why should we or other newcomers expect different?
because some teams value ADDS money to the contract instantly. yes today. Miami, FSU, Clemson and Notre Dame all do. UNC might. For the Big 10

For the SEC it is different- UNC and UVA might be the most additive to revenue and strategy.

What if I told you that on paper Stanford last year had a media rights value estimate of $45M and Oregon was only $30.....

Big 10.

When? Depends on if we have dance partners, for now.

Would you handicap these two scenarios:

1. Miami Clemson fsu +4th team, likely unc, cut a deal to leave acc and join big ten

2. At least 8 ACC teams band together and jointly leave at same time and avoid any exit fee

Advertisement
Sole purpose of PE is to make money for themselves and often times bail out those in a position of financial weakness in order to maximize their future gains.

It's...more than just that...

It's also how PE funds handle debt. That's one of the biggest pitfalls. I've seen it.

Not to bore people with the esoteric stuff.

We now return to our regularly scheduled airing of "Battle Royale II - University Island".

because some teams value ADDS money to the contract instantly. yes today. Miami, FSU, Clemson and Notre Dame all do. UNC might. For the Big 10

For the SEC it is different- UNC and UVA might be the most additive to revenue and strategy.

What if I told you that on paper Stanford last year had a media rights value estimate of $45M and Oregon was only $30.....
Bro I don't know if even UVA fans care about UVA football. I can't see the SEC going UVA over VT.

Advertisement
ESPN has no leverage against NBC/CBS/FOX...

but right now we're actually in a position of strength... now that a sense of urgency seems to be created...

there are only a few valuable assets left that will increase value to the Big 2 conferences.. and we're one of those assets..

if the SEC all of a sudden becomes aggressive, we could end up in a position where both the SEC and the B1G want us...
WE DO NOT WANT TO BE IN THE SEC ... ESPN is cutting costs. Bob Iger stated that he would like to take ESPN products to 100% streaming in a couple of years. B10 has stronger media partners in FOX CBS NBC. Imagine the SEC broadcast 100% on Disney +. B10 will be THE CONFERENCE for a majority of college football viewers if that happens.

Now only question left in PAC is Stanford and Cal. ASU and Utah going to Big12.

Now we just wait for the first ACC team to make their move. Whoever is first will likely have to pay the most money, u less they all act together.

Never underestimate F$U's greed and arrogance.

UNC too. They're sneaky little *****, just like Neidermeyer...

WE DO NOT WANT TO BE IN THE SEC ... ESPN is cutting costs. Bob Iger stated that he would like to take ESPN products to 100% streaming in a couple of years. B10 has stronger media partners in FOX CBS NBC. Imagine the SEC broadcast 100% on Disney +. B10 will be THE CONFERENCE for a majority of college football viewers if that happens.
I agree.

But gives us some leverage to have both conferences pursuing us so we can get the best deal for us.

Advertisement
I’m not against the B10 move at all. Get to play the newly added west coast teams along with the BLUE BLOODS from that conference. Gets us a chance to get at more west coast recruits.

It's...more than just that...

It's also how PE funds handle debt. That's one of the biggest pitfalls. I've seen it.

Not to bore people with the esoteric stuff.

We now return to our regularly scheduled airing of "Battle Royale II - University Island".

Not going to bore people today? Must be causal Friday. 😎

Advertisement
Back