MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Which is why it makes sense that both go together. These things typically happen in pairs. To nab one of the best CFB rivalries and to get a strong foothold in Florida is so much more valuable than taking just one. If we go, I hope they go, too. I don't want to lose that rivalry. IF we can maintain that while gaining Penn St, OSU, USC, UCLA, Nebraska, Michigan, and possible ND and VT (among others), to me that is just as good as an SEC lineup when it comes to rivalries and tradition.
id bet FSU UM continue their rivalry no matter where they end up

people overestimate Miamis tv ratings. we draw well for the big games like a lot of other teams but our average reach isnt as expansive as people think it is. we aren't worthless but we aren't more watched on average than the other in state schools (UF and FSU). part of why UM is valuable in expansion talk isnt bc of our football or hoops team, but its the market you gain access to.
In today's world, markets are borderless.

people overestimate Miamis tv ratings. we draw well for the big games like a lot of other teams but our average reach isnt as expansive as people think it is. we aren't worthless but we aren't more watched on average than the other in state schools (UF and FSU). part of why UM is valuable in expansion talk isnt bc of our football or hoops team, but its the market you gain access to.
No argument here. It's the primetime games that get eyeballs. But I will say, you put us in the B1G with some of those potential matchups and we will draw a LOT more eyeballs on a weekly basis.

Advertisement
No argument here. It's the primetime games that get eyeballs. But I will say, you put us in the B1G with some of those potential matchups and we will draw a LOT more eyeballs on a weekly basis.
against PSU, Mich, OSU sure. against Indiana, Purdue, Minn not so much lol. just like now we always get watched vs FSU Clemson and more recently UNC but other than that meh

Advertisement
against PSU, Mich, OSU sure. against Indiana, Purdue, Minn not so much lol. just like now we always get watched vs FSU Clemson and more recently UNC but other than that meh
Of course, but in B1G there would be many more good opponents than the ACC currently has to offer.

While preferable, not a requirement for either school to find the best "fit" for themselves.
they've played each other when MIami was independent, Big East and obviously ACC. I dont see a reason they'd discontinue the rivalry unless everyone just ended up in 2 conferences (which I dont see that happening). you'll have your conference and non conference games and miami will still need FSU as a home game to amp their season ticket sales (depending on how the new divisions are done, I doubt miami has OSU Mich on their schedule every year either (it would be in some form of a rotation)).

Advertisement
Of course, but in B1G there would be many more good opponents than the ACC currently has to offer.
its top heavy. you have two marquee opponents that draw huge numbers (Mich OSU). then you have an okay opponent (MSU). then you have your historical tie in (NEB). then you have a lot of nothing that would make a casual fan tune in (Indiana, NW, Minny, etc.). it'll be a change in the beginning bc of the newness of the opponents but once the south Floridians get a taste of the bad of the b10, it'll revert back. it'll be nice to have something diff tho

they've played each other when MIami was independent, Big East and obviously ACC. I dont see a reason they'd discontinue the rivalry unless everyone just ended up in 2 conferences (which I dont see that happening). you'll have your conference and non conference games and miami will still need FSU as a home game to amp their season ticket sales (depending on how the new divisions are done, I doubt miami has OSU Mich on their schedule every year either (it would be in some form of a rotation)).
Because with these huge conferences there are fewer opportunities for out of conference games. And they'd want to use those for smaller schools as most do now. Just look at UF. Stopped the annual rivalry with us. Yeah, it COULD happen, but I could also see it not happening. Just keep us in conference and avoid the whole thing.

Advertisement
Because with these huge conferences there are fewer opportunities for out of conference games. And they'd want to use those for smaller schools as most do now. Just look at UF. Stopped the annual rivalry with us. Yeah, it COULD happen, but I could also see it not happening. Just keep us in conference and avoid the whole thing.
UF stopped it forever ago and it wasn't due to the size of the SEC (it wasn't this large when they stopped playing us annually).

UF now randomly does home and homes with us like they've been doing since the end of the annual game in the 80s I believe.

also, ive been sayin that I think FSU ends up in the SEC while we end up in the b10. imo, were gonna end up getting split either way

Advertisement
Back