MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Didn't people say 10 schools have been vetted weeks ago?? I think his tweet was directed at those saying B1G needed more info on them.
Vetting by the university is step one. If they decide they "like" a given school then the media partners have to agree and in reality they are in the drivers seat ... if a program doesn't have the viewers needed to produce revenue ... no go. That's why some are a take ONLY with a half revenue share.

Advertisement

Don’t like that we’re not mentioned here.

Yeah but he then goes on to add "Miami and UNC" to complete the four ACC programs that he sees going to the Big 10. He mentions Oregon / Washington as that has been accelerated due to the demise of the Pac 12 and the schools being offered 1/2 shares to join. Clemson / FSU are the two largest viewer programs on average in the ACC, first choices according to some for the B10 followed by Miami / UNC. IF Clemson / FSU end up heading to the SEC then it would be Miami / UNC and "two alternates from the ACC" to complete the Big 10 (and Cal / Stanford are possibilities in addition).

Mostly stayed out of this thread, but really hoping this is more of a Manny is fired/coach search scenario where our insiders ran circles around everyone else and not the other option. I remain hopeful. I think our B1G partner is actually ND, not Clemson or FSU btw. Very unique content to advertise if you can show ND vs Miami nationally every year on the same weekend. Just my .02
ND = Independent for quite a while longer.

Where would 8 teams even go if they left? All the big conferences are going to be full before any of the ACC teams can do anything.

Leaving is just the first step

If it came down to it, I could make an argument that all 8 teams could play each other for a year with some random non conference teams before formulating their final lending spot if it meant existing with zero fees

Advertisement
Spot on, I wasn’t reading 400 pages. I check this board every few weeks.

All I did was say what I thought. Shame on me for expecting respectful dialogue. I should’ve known after scanning these boards for years, that’s my own fault. I didn’t come on here looking for a fight but some people are so insufferable that I can’t just keep my mouth shut and know my place.

In the words of MR French in the Departed “ there are guys you fight with and there’s guys you don’t fight with and TOC is a guy you don’t fight with “

(Actually it was hit but in this circumstance fight sounded better …)

Washington-Oregon to Big 10 for half-shares. Arizona schools to Big 12.

1691097565142.png

ACC schools...

1691097452967.png

I disagree there. Genetics throws a to. Of **** against the wall and none of it sticks. Receipts have been pulled by other journalists and podcasters. He literally backtracks on everything he says once its proven wrong.
The Oregon and Washington receipts being pulled are not clear cut. It does seem that neither school was considered as a full member, but would be at a discount. Essentially singing the same song as TOC.

Advertisement
In the words of MR French in the Departed “ there are guys you fight with and there’s guys you don’t fight with and TOC is a guy you don’t fight with “

(Actually it was hit but in this circumstance fight sounded better …)
I was trying to find a Sebastian Cabot gif but this is the best I could do

1691097932938.gif

The Oregon and Washington receipts being pulled are not clear cut. It does seem that neither school was considered as a full member, but would be at a discount. Essentially singing the same song as TOC.
While i agree on those two being a change in circumstances. He has also been called out on usc and ucla to big ten when he said weeks before it was announced that it wasnt happening last year. He also has changed his stance on any more big ten adds this offseason. He has completly made it sound like Clemson was out of big ten consideration weeks ago and started picking them and fsu up again once rumors started last weekend. Im just saying nobody in the Big Ten or athletic departments of big ten schools is going home and calling this guy feeding him info everyday. He is extrapolating **** from the same news we are hearing. Thats it. And i am pretty sure he also said oregon and washington wouldnt even get invites for half share a month ago. Now suddenly fox is forcing the big ten into that? Hard to believe some of what he paints as fact.

Advertisement
That is like Star Trek ... heading into the big unknown!! The ACC exit fee is $120M set fee. The GOR is the issue ... can we buy back the rights? For how much? Does it make more sense to work behind the scenes and get the 8 programs needed to dissolve the ACC? Then the exit fee goes away and the GOR becomes much less valuable to ESPN or completely unenforceable period. Really need to implode the ACC and we BELIEVE there is a home for 4 teams with the B10 and at least two in the B12. Get two into the SEC and the ACC is done.

Someone ( maybe it was you) mentioned the best way to get out of the GOR might be litigation and I really think that this might be the best way.ESPN (the world wide leader in making people sick) doesn’t have the money to take on numerous schools in court (especially if the Noles fraud case gets upheld) none the less 6-8 so for them to spend 20-25 million plus to take on 6-8 schools when they are laying off tons of people might not only be just the financial fight they don’t want to get into but the look they want to present either.

All this that’s happening now isn’t something new it was brought up 20-25 years ago and was presented as 40-50 teams that would leave the NCAA and set up their own league ,their own by-laws and they would negotiate their own TV rights would be massive.I thought it was headed to that a few years back when the last hailstorm of teams moving around happened but they stopped short of the formation of the super conferences.This time it looks like it’s going to happen and it will be interesting to see if these teams in these super conferences stay with the NCAA or bolt to become their own football only entity.

Hold on boys and girls this is about to get crazy.All I’m hoping is Miami has a chair when the record stops in this game of ring around the rosy.

While i agree on those two being a change in circumstances. He has also been called out on usc and ucla to big ten when he said weeks before it was announced that it wasnt happening last year. He also has changed his stance on any more big ten adds this offseason. He has completly made it sound like Clemson was out of big ten consideration weeks ago and started picking them and fsu up again once rumors started last weekend. Im just saying nobody in the Big Ten or athletic departments of big ten schools is going home and calling this guy feeding him info everyday. He is extrapolating **** from the same news we are hearing. Thats it. And i am pretty sure he also said oregon and washington wouldnt even get invites for half share a month ago. Now suddenly fox is forcing the big ten into that? Hard to believe some of what he paints as fact.
And to go a little further, he claims FSU is in if they can get out of ACC. That maybe the case, but FSU isnt acting like it. Sure seems to me FSU is drumming up drama to confirm they have a spot in one of the P2.

Personally i still believe FSU and Clemson will be SEC. While Miami and UNC will be big ten. And as for reports SEC wont expand because nobody brings enough value argument, sitting idle is not an option. A 24 team big ten will quickly become the only thing you see on 3 channels 3 timeslots every weekend. SEC cant let that happen 8f they want to remain "the best conference"

Advertisement

I will say a couple of things here.

First, I believe Genetic has better sources than any of us. I do not believe he is simply extrapolating from the news.

Second, and I've said this before, EVERYONE is bluffing, at least a li'l bit, in public. A lot of the schools have put out their own self-serving "rumors". And I honestly believe that the Big 10 and SEC are bull****ting everyone about EXACTLY where they stand at any given moment.

Look, Clemson WAS told "no thanks" and then **** changed. That doesn't mean that some Clemson fan who said "Big 10" twelve months ago is "right". It just means he got lucky when the roulette wheel stopped spinning.

The ****nuts in all of this are North Carolina and Bubba Cunningham, and, of course, the Florida State SemenHoles and their unqualified president and their unqualified Athletic Director. Beta Blake was a "ticket guy" and Michael Alford is a "booster club guy".

Hey, Brett, "meeting" and "vetting and approving" are two different things.

But look at McMurphy trying to rehabilitate his earlier reporting...

And I'm not saying McMurphy is always right or always wrong. But what Washington/Oregon tells him about "vetting and approval" might be a bit...biased? Self-serving? Inaccurate?

He had Miami in the playoffs last year pre-season

I will say a couple of things here.

First, I believe Genetic has better sources than any of us. I do not believe he is simply extrapolating from the news.

Second, and I've said this before, EVERYONE is bluffing, at least a li'l bit, in public. A lot of the schools have put out their own self-serving "rumors". And I honestly believe that the Big 10 and SEC are bull****ting everyone about EXACTLY where they stand at any given moment.

Look, Clemson WAS told "no thanks" and then **** changed. That doesn't mean that some Clemson fan who said "Big 10" twelve months ago is "right". It just means he got lucky when the roulette wheel stopped spinning.

The ****nuts in all of this are North Carolina and Bubba Cunningham, and, of course, the Florida State SemenHoles and their unqualified president and their unqualified Athletic Director. Beta Blake was a "ticket guy" and Michael Alford is a "booster club guy".
Forgive me for asking the question again but given the developments over last few days, any chance we somehow get left out in this craziness? I know it seems to change daily

Advertisement
Back