MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

And again, Fox can get those two teams if they can’t move to the Big Ten potentially in their big 12 deal

Right.

This is where calinative just needs to shut up/sit down and acknowledge that all of his pro-Oregon advocacy is not supported by the facts.

Most normal people who do this for a liviing would tell you that "value" is determined by the price that a willing buyer would pay.

But so far, NOBODY is paying Oregon its mythical "value" (or at least the value that calinative claims).

And, sure, sure, someone could say "but the ACC is underpaid too". Except for the fact that we now have EVIDENCE that some ACC schools like UM and F$U and Clemson have value to conferences such as the Big 10 and SEC.

While Oregon did not. Or should I say, Oregon only has value to the Big 10 in a 50% discount scenario.

Now we have this convoluted storyline about how Fox SOOOOOOO values Washington and Oregon that they are working behind the scenes to get these SOOOO valuable properties into the Big 10.

Riiiight.

Except for the fact that ALL of the Big 10 media partners (including Fox) already told the Big 10 a year ago that the ACC schools were more valuable.

Good lord...

Advertisement
Exactly.

You've got @Memnon acting like the Big 12 is so "winnable", but the annual conference payouts will be HALF of what the Big 10/SEC gets.

And in THAT circumstance, we have an even worse chance of success. Sure, maybe we would "make" the playoffs, if the Big 10 and SEC actually give the Big 12 an automatic qualifier spot, but we'd be knocked out in the first round.

Pick your poison. Big 10 money allows us to compete. Then it's up to us.

NONE of those programs have a permanent lock on the top spots. All of those programs have been at the top AND at the bottom over the last few decades.

It's just tiring to listen to someone tell you that the current power structure is going to be permanent and unchangeable, when history has shown the exact opposite.
I, personally, would rather have a seat at the adult table, even if it means the chances of us being successful are relatively low.

I’d take that any day of the week over being the “teenager” at the kids table.

I compare it to the English Premier League: You’d rather be in it than not.

Reading this thread is like my 11 year old trying to explain calculus.

ESPN has a contract with the ACC and owns half of the ACCN. It didn't receive an absolute assignment of the GOR, a collateral assignment of sorts, and certainly can't unilaterally move ACC teams to the broadcast agreements of other conferences. That's laughable.

The GOR isn't breakable. Dissolution is a clever argument, but I'm pretty sure you need a supermajority to dissolve as it would be treated as an amendment. But even if you dissolve, the assignment was prior so that asset isn't extinguished and the assignment isn't void. It is an asset that goes to the successors (complicated with nonstock corporations but essentially to the board or members).

So a team is going to spend $120mm in exit fees plus another $700mm in loss of revenue to make up for $20-$30mm annual delta? Ok. SEC ADs are controlled by irrational rich boosters, presidents of Universities are not.

Anyways, when August 15 comes around and FSU and Miami are still in the ACC, will the coffee boy promise to take a 6 month sabbatical?
Keep spreading the ACC's propaganda for them. How much are they paying you?

Advertisement

This wouldn’t be great for us if we are left out

He don’t know jack 😎

that would be an earthquake for the moment but not final act but I’d be shocked if things evolved that way based on all I know. Dan would have to have a great defense or in ICU for removal of a knife in his back for it to come that way. Thoughts @TheOriginalCane @Hurracanes

Doubt it but if it happens would own being massively wrong on first wave and then state something insane (like last 4 years in the world ) has happened

Advertisement
There’s a mistake going on here and I don’t know how it does or doesn’t play out because I don’t have any info personally on the latest wrinkle but fox would not be losing Oregon and Washington to the big 12 in theory.

Fox is part of the big 12 contract

There is an argument at Fox and get Oregon and Washington cheaper in the big 12 contract then they could even at a discounted share as part of the Big Ten contract. I legit have no idea what’s going on there specifically, but the misnomer is that ***** with lose them if they don’t bring them to the Big Ten out when they already could also have them potentially if they moved to the big 12. It’s just a big 12 deal is shared with ESPN.

Important to remember this SEC exclusive to ESPN/ABC

Big ten - fox is primary As they own majority of big10 network but it is also CBS and NBC very much similar to an NFL type deal with multiple time slots available across multiple networks

Big 12 deal most closely resembles an NBA deal, but essentially it’s a shared between ESPN in Fox. It’s the one place where those two direct competitors actually come together.
Yeah but ... the idea of having a National Conference with "Rolls Royce Game" programming ability isn't achieved with Oregon / Washington in the B12. Totally different national programming capability with Oregon / Miami games in the B10.

Not so fast my friend...

Guess what every Big10 school has?

Guess what Miyamah has?
The B10 absolutely wants and will take FSU and they are aware that FSU will get AAU accreditation in the next go around. Might even take Clemson.

Advertisement
There's about a .0001% chance that Clemson gets a Big 10 invite and we don't.

Scoop City is talking out their ***.

Maybe but if this turns out to be true we are royally screwed as a program if we don’t make an announcement and are stuck in limbo for another year at a minimum

Yeah but ... the idea of having a National Conference with "Rolls Royce Game" programming ability isn't achieved with Oregon / Washington in the B12. Totally different national programming capability with Oregon / Miami games in the B10.
yeah but that applied last year too when they passed. Just saying

Advertisement
The B10 absolutely wants and will take FSU and they are aware that FSU will get AAU accreditation in the next go around. Might even take Clemson.
You need to report to no-notice drug testing.

Only path for FSU to Big10 is full-on Big10-ACC merger. A distinct possibility.

👆Let's come back to this in future...

Last edited:
USF is far better research institution than FSU. its not a surprise FSU got passed up for USF (their science based research is far ahead)

Not so fast my friend...

Guess what every Big10 school has?

Guess what Miyamah has?
I’m not arguing over fsu v miamI, you’re fundamentally wrong that big 10 won’t take fsu should fsu want big 10 over sec but thanks for playing straw-man argument.

Advertisement
Back