MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
km_20221211_1080p_30f_20221211_143943_1.gif

So how does the Colorado domino impact us?
Colorado to the Big 12 itself is almost irrelevant, the PAC 12 could add San Diego State or SMU and get the same money they would have gotten with Colorado in.

The problem for the PAC 12 is that if only another one school follows the Buffs, they are ****ed. And if they are ****ed their dismantle will impact us and all CFB.

Why Colorado won’t be the only one on the move? IMHO: the TV deal Kliavkoff is promising for months is nowhere to be found and that’s why schools are very impatient right now.

Advertisement
Big 12 [BGCOLOR=initial]needs to take 3 more ACC schools to get to 16.[/BGCOLOR]
Then another 4 or 5 ACC schools to the Big and SEC.

ACC dissolved just like that.

Then you have 8 ACC universities together fighting the GOR. Imagine all the financial and legal resources of 8 major universities vs the ACC.

Big 12 [BGCOLOR=initial]needs to take 3 more ACC schools to get to 16.[/BGCOLOR]

Then you have 8 ACC universities together fighting the GOR. Imagine all the financial and legal resources of 8 major universities vs the ACC.

Think Big 12 would stay at 16 if B1G and SEC went to 20 or 24?

Advertisement

There is also another facet to programs announcing they are leaving. It puts the ACC in the position that the ACC (and ESPN) have to look at options to try and reshape the conference .... other programs joining or a merger with the Pac 12 (aka the PacificAtlantic Conference). Once the ACC takes action to add programs the GOR is automatically renegotiated. If FSU / UM announce they are leaving ... they would still be ACC members for 2023, 2024, 2025 most likely, starting play in the B10 in 2026. As long as they are in the ACC they would be involved in discussions. No way they are paying $30 million per year for 13 years, some reasonable settlement will be tabled.

If there is truth to the FSU/Big Ten rumors, it must be true that UF was pushing hard to keep other FL schools out of the SEC. But just as much as UF, I’d imagine UGA and Bama did not want more recruiting competition in FL either. If you got UF banging the table, plus Bama and UGA not on board, it’s not going to happen.

Advertisement
If there is truth to the FSU/Big Ten rumors, it must be true that UF was pushing hard to keep other FL schools out of the SEC. But just as much as UF, I’d imagine UGA and Bama did not want more recruiting competition in FL either. If you got UF banging the table, plus Bama and UGA not on board, it’s not going to happen.
If I’m the SEC I tell UF to **** off. Noles draw on TV very well and I’m sure other SEC school want that foot print of western/Panhandle of FL

If I’m the SEC I tell UF to **** off. Noles draw on TV very well and I’m sure other SEC school want that foot print of western/Panhandle of FL
I got a feeling Bama and UGA wouldn’t want more FL schools either, with all the top recruits they pull down here. No one in the SEC is telling Bama/Saban to **** off.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back