MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

No. Michigan state was not in aau way back when they joined and it didn’t happen for 8 years. It’s not a requirement per se. And fsu is very likely to get in the next round or two in a few years.
Bro Michigan State joined in 1950 lol. Safe to say when things were a little bit different back then.

I’m not disagreeing with the rest of your point, that it may or may not be a requirement, but like when everyone involved in that decision is long dead it’s no longer a precedent.

Advertisement
Pretty insightful video on the granting of AAU status to Miami and ND. Why it is such a big deal and how it relates to possible Big10 expansion. I'm sure many on here knew a lot of this stuff already(I did not), but they really break down a lot of the numbers across the board.

This was informative and contained some solid quantitative and qualitative analysis. Good find.

Bro Michigan State joined in 1950 lol. Safe to say when things were a little bit different back then.

I’m not disagreeing with the rest of your point, that it may or may not be a requirement, but like when everyone involved in that decision is long dead it’s no longer a precedent.
Bro, it’s 2023 things are different than they were 10 years ago. I guarantee you that being in the AAU is not a prerequisite for FSU to get in.

This is all about TV money and certainly the AAU does help but conversely, you don’t see Stanford and Cal getting an invite yet do you?

FSU was literally listed as one of the three most likely schools to get into the AAU. They’re not going to say no to them if all of these things come down and FSU was interested in the next year or two.

Bro, it’s 2023 things are different than they were 10 years ago. I guarantee you that being in the AAU is not a prerequisite for FSU to get in.

This is all about TV money and certainly the AAU does help but conversely, you don’t see Stanford and Cal getting an invite yet do you?

FSU was literally listed as one of the three most likely schools to get into the AAU. They’re not going to say no to them if all of these things come down and FSU was interested in the next year or two.
Things are different than they were 10 years ago yet you’re using 1950 as an example?

I said I agreed with you that maybe they don’t care, I really have no idea if they care or not. It would certainly make sense if they didn’t care, I agree with everything you just wrote.

Did you even read what I wrote

Advertisement
I love this scenario where FSU comes with us to the B1G but don’t they need to be in the AAU first? Isn’t that most of why FSU made such noise about AAU earlier this week?

FSU will probably make the AAU the next time they send out invitations...

...ESPECIALLY if they have the Big 10 on their side...

...it certainly worked for Miami and Notre Dame...

Advertisement
Cliff notes?
Abbreviated Cliff Notes:

AAU induction is a major deal for Miami/ND in terms of Big10 expansion. But its even bigger in terms of money it will bring in via research/academic money to be brought in.

Miami/ND fall in line with other Big10 schools in terms of academic level combined with athletic success level.

Acceptance into AAU wasn't a coincidence for Miami/ND. Several other schools are pretty upset that they spent more on research investment and other key areas of relevance for AAU acceptance than either Miami/ND and were not accepted. These butthurt schools include FSU and VT. Although they did say FSU is likely to get invite possibly as soon as next time AAU expands its membership.

There is a ton more stuff that they break down really well with good quantitative and qualitative analysis. Too many topics to cover them all in cliff notes. If you get the time I'd suggest watching the video, or at least skimming through it because it is really well done IMO.

Cliff notes?

Abbreviated Cliff Notes:

AAU induction is a major deal for Miami/ND in terms of Big10 expansion. But its even bigger in terms of money it will bring in via research/academic money to be brought in.

Miami/ND fall in line with other Big10 schools in terms of academic level combined with athletic success level.

Acceptance into AAU wasn't a coincidence for Miami/ND. Several other schools are pretty upset that they spent more on research investment and other key areas of relevance for AAU acceptance than either Miami/ND and were not accepted. These butthurt schools include FSU and VT. Although they did say FSU is likely to get invite possibly as soon as next time AAU expands its membership.

There is a ton more stuff that they break down really well with good quantitative and qualitative analysis. Too many topics to cover them all in cliff notes. If you get the time I'd suggest watching the video, or at least skimming through it because it is really well done IMO.
Also, there was a little info drop about Arizona State. They were part of the AAU group with Miami and ND. They said to watch them for Big10 expansion as well.

Advertisement
Locks for BIG10 and HAVE been offered:
Miami
ND
UNC

FSU has been offered by BIG10. I would put them at 90% to the Big10

Clemson/NC State is a lock for the SEC.

Both P2 wants into VA. now is for VA/VTECH. Big10 is favoring VA. the 2 conferences are working together behind the scenes to split them up My prediction is VA to BIG10 and VTECH to SEC.

Once the Big10 and SEC can agree and agree on a few other things, you will see 1 or 2 schools publicly announce and the floodgates will open. ND is screwed if they stay independent.

Louisville/Pitt to Big12

..... you heard it first

@genetics56 on twitter is a good source. he is plugged in but is not releasing everything as his sources haven't approved for him to publicly state a few things. soon though
Genetics is a she

Not dying if I'm right - Which I am.
I'm on the hill with the high ground and anyone that thinks UNC is more valuable to the B10 than Miami is Anakin...

That's why you're dead on that hill all by your lonesome.

It has nothing to do with my opinions. It's about what the Big 10 perceives.

That's your problem. You can't set aside your personal feelings to acknowledge other points of view that you don't like.

Advertisement
I'm taking this to mean Oregon and Washington to B1G next
jim carrey disbelief GIF

That's why you're dead on that hill all by your lonesome.

It has nothing to do with my opinions. It's about what the Big 10 perceives.

That's your problem. You can't set aside your personal feelings to acknowledge other points of view that you don't like.
I literally explained why for the B10, Miami is clearly above UNC. And the guy that has been dropping all the updates on twitter literally said the same

Advertisement
Back