MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Why are you so concerned?

So your goal is to play a Big10 schedule with our OOC being FSU and UF?

No, I think he was responding to my point about scheduling and OOC cancellations.

Depending on how many conference games the SEC and Big 10 schedule, we MIGHT could play F$U annually if they were in a different conference, but it would probably be hard to play F$U AND AND AND Florida.

Some interesting questions on the horizon, that's for sure.

Advertisement
No, I think he was responding to my point about scheduling and OOC cancellations.

Depending on how many conference games the SEC and Big 10 schedule, we MIGHT could play F$U annually if they were in a different conference, but it would probably be hard to play F$U AND AND AND Florida.

Some interesting questions on the horizon, that's for sure.
Even to be in a position to overcome / address the scheduling hurdles to initiate play "in new conferences" by the 2025-26 season, the conferences / programs would have to make some huge decisions in the very near future. Is it feasible that enough behind the scenes work has been done for these major changes to be agreed to and the new affiliations (and programmed demise of the ACC) announced before the close of the 2023 regular season?

Look, I have posted many times about what an awful person Pat Forde is. He's the guy who "broke" the Seventh Floor Crew story and wrote the most accusatory articles about UM at that time, while IGNORING a very similar story that happened at Michigan.

Pat Forde has been an anti-Miami pro-Big-10 ******* for decades.

And now he blames the "every-school-for-itself approach", RATHER THAN BLAME an insane and overly-lengthy GOR, a held-us-over-a-barrel substandard contract from ESPN, and terrible conference leadership that have allowed other conferences to leapfrog us.

Enjoy.

View attachment 238879
'Every-School-For-Itself' Approach???? Is he for real? I didn't read the article (already have to mind my blood pressure) but did he call in sick when USC and UCLA acted in their best interest all last year? I'm going out on a limb that the LA schools didn't get mentioned by Patsy.

Advertisement
Why are you so concerned?

So your goal is to play a Big10 schedule with our OOC being FSU and UF?
I’d be concerned with losing the FSU rivalry absolutely.

Ideally we’d play FSU and UF yearly OOC. Doubt UF would agree to that though. If we are B10 and FSU/UF are SEC, I absolutely don’t think it should be considered a 100% they will still schedule us especially with a 20(+) team conference likely ending up at like 10-11 Conference games per year.

I’d be concerned with losing the FSU rivalry absolutely.

Ideally we’d play FSU and UF yearly OOC. Doubt UF would agree to that though. If we are B10 and FSU/UF are SEC, I absolutely don’t think it should be considered a 100% they will still schedule us especially with a 20(+) team conference likely ending up at like 10-11 Conference games per year.

10 BIG + FSU and UF yearly.

Can we request adding OU/LSU/BAMA/Georgia or Texas too?

But only the strongest one every year to avoid a weak schedule.

10 BIG + FSU and UF yearly.

Can we request adding OU/LSU/BAMA/Georgia or Texas too?

But only the strongest one every year to avoid a weak schedule.

Dude, we've got some posters on this board who roast anyone who tries to suggest 2 P5 OOC games each year WHEN WE HAVE FOUR SLOTS.

Somebody is going to give you **** for your suggestion.

Won't be me, though. I'd love to play UiF and F$U annually.

Last edited:
So is there any hard evidence the BIG wants to add Miami? Based on everything I’ve read outside here, the most intriguing program other than Notre Dame is UNC. Someone mentioned earlier, UNC is the only program who’s received an offer from the BIG and perhaps even the SEC. Not sure about FSU or Clemson. I’d think the SEC would accept both without issue.
I'd think Miami would be behind UNC and UVA for the B1G. ND would be their clear first choice. If they are looking West, you've got Stanford, Washington and Oregon to consider. I don't see us in great position for B1G membership.

Advertisement
Dude, we've got some posters on this board who roast anyone who tries to suggest 2 P5 OOC games each year WHEN WE HAVE FOUR SLOTS.

Won't be me, though, I'd love to play UiF and F$U annually.

What I would love to see is scheduling and situations that make sense across schools/conferences, etc.

Spitballing here..

One that allows for such interference games but doesn’t “penalize” a team if they lose per se - which should encourage more of these OOC big matchups…

(sounds a bit weird, but why the **** would we play a gauntlet other than to keep a rivalry alive if others aren’t….)

One that allows for smaller schools to play bigger conference schools too to give them opportunities to grow and meet their needs…

**** like that…

so Miami can play a consistent conference schedule, add rivals and play FIU or Bethune type schools…. and if we hold serve in conference we aren’t “penalized for having the balls to play FSU or UF yearly or rotating…

Not completely different, but more so in the “rankings” or way playoffs would be determined

I may be crazy

I'd think Miami would be behind UNC and UVA for the B1G. ND would be their clear first choice. If they are looking West, you've got Stanford, Washington and Oregon to consider. I don't see us in great position for B1G membership.
The BIG 10 very much wants a Florida program member ... expands the geographic footprint, viewer / subscriber base ... and reinforces recruiting presence for the conference.

The BIG 10 very much wants a Florida program member ... expands the geographic footprint, viewer / subscriber base ... and reinforces recruiting presence for the conference.
I understand that’s what we fans believe, but is there anything to corroborate it? I’m not saying it’s true or not, guess I’d just like to know if it’s really something the BIG is interested in.

Advertisement

Won't be me, though. I'd love to play UiF and F$U annually.
Agree. There’s absolutely 0 point in playing 2 G5’s and an FCS every year. Schedule ONE G5 program and be done with it. I understand why we schedule an FCS program but man, they’re not entertaining even when we put up 70. I don’t think Bethune even puts up much of an effort anymore. Seems like they show up to collect their check and bounce. I don’t blame them.

If we absolutely must do an FCS game then I prefer putting it in Week 0 and maybe getting an extra week off before the real season starts. But I’d prefer Bethune finds another school to fund its athletic program.

Agreed. But if the B1G wants to get into FL, FSU is who I'd be calling first, not us. They're a much bigger school and have a much larger alumni group and fanbase, which mirrors more closely the profile of B1G schools. It's also on the verge of achieving AAU status and has the same national rank academic rank as us in USNWR. At this point, I hope we get a B1G invite, but it wouldn't shock me to see us having to settle for a Big 12 invite, particularly if ND ends up joining the B1G and taking one of those valued slots.

Advertisement
Agreed. But if the B1G wants to get into FL, FSU is who I'd be calling first, not us. They're a much bigger school and have a much larger alumni group and fanbase, which mirrors more closely the profile of B1G schools. It's also on the verge of achieving AAU status and has the same national rank academic rank as us in USNWR. At this point, I hope we get a B1G invite, but it wouldn't shock me to see us having to settle for a Big 12 invite, particularly if ND ends up joining the B1G and taking one of those valued slots.
Wow ... a "fan" with no appreciation for the value of the UM brand? Ranges between top 15 to top 25 ... depending on criteria. Most projecting "landing places" project UM for the Big and FSU for the SEC.

They have no teeth, live in trailers, still **** is broken cattle troughs at their stadium, and think taking 15 credits of "circus" is a degree.

Sure, they'd fit in just fine in the B1G.

Advertisement
Back