MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Completely correct.

The "current" money is not enough.

The "desired" money will not be freely given by ESPN or anyone else.

The only real alternative is to stay and wither, or go elsewhere and have a shot.

This is why the BigTen is so appealing because they setup the conference with a clear focus on product, market and distribution channels.

Acc signed its life away for a slapdick acc network channel. It’s no surprise the conference isn’t worth as much…. There wasn’t that much invested in the media piece

It takes money (and creativity) to make money

Advertisement
Gaytor.

Notice how the Gaytor alums are scurred of Miami possibly coming to the SEC?

Gaytors are full of **** pussies

Holes are delusional dumb-asses.

Source: 50-plus years of residing in North Florida

From what @JeddTheFisch has indicated, the South and Central Florida species may be a slightly different (and even more annoying)

Last edited:
This is why the BigTen is so appealing because they setup the conference with a clear focus on product, market and distribution channels.

Acc signed its life away for a slapdick acc network channel. It’s no surprise the conference isn’t worth as much…. There wasn’t that much invested in the media piece

It takes money (and creativity) to make money

smackdown live what GIF by WWE

I hate the idea of super conference, and I hate the idea of Miami moving to the boring a Big 10.

Nothing says Miami like Big 10
Baby!!!

Best thing for Miami would
Be for ACC to get a better tv deal than currently constructed, and or work with Notre Dame and NBC to have them join and jeep
ACC in tact.
flat earth sour brite crawlers GIF by Trolli

Advertisement
Notre Dame won’t join, because they don’t have to for football.

The most important thing is to get out of the ACC but that seems like it will be even more difficult now.

I feel like Clemson/FSU will be heading to the SEC quickly.
I’m sorry but that’s a horrible take. If Clemson FSU were able to head to the SEC quickly, Miami will be going somewhere just because North Carolina and Notre Dame or their top two choices that doesn’t mean they’re going to stop there

All in good fun. I think overall it is an interesting conversation about some big city, specifically Boston and Philly sports fans. Rabid, passionate, obnoxious fan bases that are all in on their pro sports with CFB being a complete afterthought for many…

I’m a huge college sports fan but cousins and Philly friends just don’t have the passion — for PSU, ND, Miami or another National Brand — I find it interesting because CFB is so **** fun, you’d think they would have caught a few games by accident and been like **** this USC or Miami or FSU or Oklahoma or OSU was something at one point and run with it … like I did with 80s Lakers or 90’s Penguins — like TF is this wizardry? I’m in.
I grew up in the Northeast, probably about 3 hours away from Penn State and maybe 1.5 hours from Syracuse. I loved CFB but never really had a “team” growing up. Everyone I knew loved Penn State but for whatever reason, I just couldn’t get into them. This was long before the Sandusky scandal. Maybe I just thought they were a lame program despite a lot of tradition and a legendary coach in Paterno. Also found their fans to be a bit irritating. They were the kind of fans who coincidentally liked every major brand for every sport. NFL team was Dallas. NBA? The Lakers. Baseball? The Yankees. Like could you be any more of a bandwagon fan?

I just kind of rooted for a handful of CFB teams. I didn’t mind Syracuse although I wouldn’t call myself a fan. For whatever reason I liked Oregon during the Joey Harrington days. I’d always play as Oregon or Miami in the PS2 versions of NCAA Football. If I wanted to build a crappy program into a contender, I’d import Cornell into the MAC and go from there.

You guys would be good with Miami having a big disadvantage playing these cold weather, heavy snow area teams in the Big10?

I know we also get an advantage when they come to us.. but not sure I’m a big fan of the potential to the Big10.

Gaytors are full of **** pussies

Holes are delusional dumb-asses.

Source: 50-plus year of residing in North Florida

From what @JeddTheFisch has indicated, the South and Central Florida species may be a slightly different (and even more annoying)
Gators claim to be the smartest, most clever, most physically fit, best at everything. Reality is that they are massive dorks who love saying "Gator Bait!" Fig. 1:

soyjak.png

Noles claim to be the best at partying, and aren't quite as dorky as Gators. Not to be taken seriously. Fig. 2:

877734c6c21204fe45c3a36dd8e2e84c372830b987029e48036d07326d244b0a-1633532175.jpg

Advertisement
Fine with all the ACC leftovers going to the Big XII (or whatever its successor is rebranded)

I think we're headed for the Super 2 with the SEC and B1G, the Big XII in the third slot ... and every other conference left far behind and fighting over crumbs
Funny enough I wanted us to join to Big 12 when we originally joined the ACC. But, back then, the 12 didn't want to go eastward.

Completely correct.

The "current" money is not enough.

The "desired" money will not be freely given by ESPN or anyone else.

The only real alternative is to stay and wither, or go elsewhere and have a shot.
that's as simple as it can be said...

we currently don't make enough in the ACC and there's zero chance of significantly closing that gap for the next 10+ years.

either accept that and work at a major disadvantage, at the risk of becoming irrelevant because you can't compete.

or

look for greener pastures...

You guys would be good with Miami having a big disadvantage playing these cold weather, heavy snow area teams in the Big10?

I know we also get an advantage when they come to us.. but not sure I’m a big fan of the potential to the Big10.
first of all, college football is September through November. not many places have "heavy snow" in November.

and when they do, it'll be at most 1 or 2 games a year.. December and January is postseason and typically those games are played in protected stadiums or warm areas...

cold weather is what it is.. no excuse for playing poorly in cold weather...

I grew up in the Northeast, probably about 3 hours away from Penn State and maybe 1.5 hours from Syracuse. I loved CFB but never really had a “team” growing up. Everyone I knew loved Penn State but for whatever reason, I just couldn’t get into them. This was long before the Sandusky scandal. Maybe I just thought they were a lame program despite a lot of tradition and a legendary coach in Paterno. Also found their fans to be a bit irritating. They were the kind of fans who coincidentally liked every major brand for every sport. NFL team was Dallas. NBA? The Lakers. Baseball? The Yankees. Like could you be any more of a bandwagon fan?

I just kind of rooted for a handful of CFB teams. I didn’t mind Syracuse although I wouldn’t call myself a fan. For whatever reason I liked Oregon during the Joey Harrington days. I’d always play as Oregon or Miami in the PS2 versions of NCAA Football. If I wanted to build a crappy program into a contender, I’d import Cornell into the MAC and go from there.

Yea. Lots of different-ish allegiances in the northeastern PA type area: could be Philly sports/NY sports, maybe Boston, Pittsburgh; usually ND or PSU, but then you had players from HS there go to Michigan or Syracuse…bandwagon as well jumping on the lakers Celtics or bulls back in the day… easiest way to be anti-Philly sports is be a cowboys fan…

Then you go south to Philly and there likely just isn’t room for a lot of them to fit CFB into that year long passion at Philly sports even adding in CBB and those Philly rivalries back in the day…

Advertisement
Fine with all the ACC leftovers going to the Big XII (or whatever its successor is rebranded)

I think we're headed for the Super 2 with the SEC and B1G, the Big XII in the third slot ... and every other conference left far behind and fighting over crumbs
As someone described the realignment "Two heavyweight conferences and one light heavyweight ... then a bunch of smaller regional conferences that have no national appeal.

Last game on the regular season schedule is typically end of November right. It does get cold but isn't that bad. I think having a team like minnesota play a 12:00 kick off in Miami would be more of an advantage for us vs a cold game in November.

This pod from Manny Navarro had nothing new in terms of info, but just sharing for those that have trouble with reading comprehension and only get their info from pod’s

Nichole Auerbach shared some perspective from the Big Ten point of view, all of which has already been referenced here in this thread

Advertisement
That's just an overly broad generalization.

Notre Dame's ability to SCHEDULE teams has been based on various conferences having an 8-game schedule, as well as the ACC's desperation to have "partial Notre Dame".

Once the Big 10 and SEC expand, and the leftovers form a third overly-large conference, and these conferences begin to schedule 10 conference games per year, it SEVERELY limits ND's scheduling opportunities.

And when the networks have a chance to bid on 20 team super-conferences for their football content, compared to a measly 7 or 8 games per year of Notre Dame vs. The Service Academies and Other Religious Institutions, then ND is simply NOT going to be able to remain independent.

"They don't have to for football". Hilarious.
This literally changed my opinion. Never looked at it from that perspective before. Well done

@TheOriginalCane @Ispyin

Timing is the giant unknown for a move to occur. I feel like something gets hammered out in the next 12 months, or if not, it gets pushed to 3-4 years later

And this is to announce realignment, not actually begin play in the new conferences… thoughts?

Advertisement
Back