MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Big Ten doesn't like small private schools either. Nobody does. The exceptions to that in football are short: Notre Dame, big gap, USC, and maybe Miami if we can ever stop tripping over our own ____ and get super relevant.

Advertisement
Let’s assume that a school makes the goals necessary to earn the “extra” $10M under the rumored new structure, that would give that school $47M. The SEC pays everyone $60 and the B1G pays $67M. Huge difference. The question is will a school take those losses for 10 or 12 years until the ACC is able to sign a new TV contract…….

$130M to $200M is a big loss….

It reminds me of when Master P negotiated Ricky Williams contract, and he made it entirely incentive based. Indisputably the worst contract in nfl history.

Big Ten doesn't like small private schools either. Nobody does. The exceptions to that in football are short: Notre Dame, big gap, USC, and maybe Miami if we can ever stop tripping over our own ____ and get super relevant.

USC is private, but by no means small. They have around 50k students with undergrad/grad.

4DD00882-21FE-48FE-B565-B5DE181D61C9-8194-000004235D09B857.gif

This YouTuber T.J. Pittinger is a Nole, so take it FWIW.

He says the so-called "Magnificent 7" only need one more school (possibly the Leprechauns, Louisville or Pitt) to become No. 8. Said he's talked with a lawyer who's seen the GoR.

"You need one more team to vote to dissolve the grant of rights and we're done, we're out. You don't play the S120M buyout. You're not on the hook for $300-400M up to $700M (GoR penalties) for the media rights deal that ESPN and the ACC own. You're one team away from being out scot-free — and being able to move past this nightmare of a media rights deal that Florida State, Miami and others have been hampered by."

Also said Notre Dame has talked to both the B1G and SEC.

LINK: ACC Finished?
There are posters on here who have seen the GOR - I know two of them - though I’m not sure either can/will comment. Hopefully you’re right and we have what we need. They can either comment directly or let me know if this lines up with what they’ve seen.

Advertisement
There are posters on here who have seen the GOR - I know two of them - though I’m not sure either can/will comment. Hopefully you’re right and we have what we need. They can either comment directly or let me know if this lines up with what they’ve seen.

I want to see the dissolution rights or provisions…

Advertisement
One of the two hasn’t seen it. That leaves one I know has seen it but I don’t think he can say anything.

Bye Bye ACC as we know it

B10 - Miami, UNC, UVA, ND (football has burn-off of NBC contract before full football)
SEC - Clemson, FSU
B12 - VT, NCST, LVille, Pitt
I can see this. The remaining teams go Big East for basketball - Duke/Cuse/BC/GT/Wake and AAC for football. This needs to happen asap.

I do wonder if the B1G would ***** us by putting us in the division with the gauntlet of OSU/MICH/PSU etc. Them they’d let Notre Dame and UNC off the hook by sending them to play Wisc/Iowa and those teams lol.

Notre Dame would likely get first dibs on their division of choice and no way they select the OSU side. UVA will get tossed in the furnace for sure as they won’t be expected to win in either division. It will come down to Miami/UNC and I almost bet UNC would threaten not to come if they are fed to the lions…so they get to go with Notre Dame on the easy street division lol

All things considered….I’d still take the B1G over the SEC all day long.

Advertisement
Happy to hear it. That was my biggest fear with all of the realignment talk was that we somehow get left out to dry.
I agree. Because to me it doesn’t make sense for the SEC/B1G to take more than a couple schools. It has to make sense financially for them as well. Just worried about the UNC factor playing a role in us being left out.

I agree. Because to me it doesn’t make sense for the SEC/B1G to take more than a couple schools. It has to make sense financially for them as well. Just worried about the UNC factor playing a role in us being left out.

This will be the ONLY time it will make sense for the SEC/Big 10 to go big-big with expansion.

Because THIS TIME it will take down a 14-team conference. So they can't just afford to nibble at 2 schools. They are going to have to take anywhere from 4-8 teams, with 4 being the most likely.

The tea leaves do seem to support your theory. Miami gives the B1G a premiere brand down in Florida and inwards into a fertile recruiting area. I believe the B1G is most likely adding ND as well. I was more for the SEC when this topic was hot and heavy last year because of keeping games in the region, but there's definitely some traditional rivalries that would be super attractive for Miami and the B1G conference.

Miami vs ND
Miami vs Penn St
Miami vs Ohio St
Miami vs Nebraska
Miami vs USC
Miami vs UCLA

All those games would bring in big numbers for viewership.
Miami vs Michigan as well. I would fly to Ann Arbor for that one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back