MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I have no idea who this guy is, but he's claiming that not only are we about to get an invite to the B1G 10, but the whole ACC is going to be carved up by the B1G, SEC, and B1G 12.

ACC Teams Expected to Leave Conference​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...1&cvid=b59897ef6de147818250351579229f0e&ei=10
Good for $$$, but that is about it. If things go down the way this guy predicts, forget about playing Florida State as a yearly rival anymore. They'll go to the Florida/ND model of once every few years (if that). Plus, travel for the non-revenue sports would be terrible.

Advertisement
Yeah but going to Syracuse and BC was for 2 teams only and not even every year.

Now almost every team we play against will be as far as Syracuse and BC and it'll be multiple times a year traveling that far.

The amount of travel will go up significantly which just means more late nights and early mornings, way more money spent on traveling, and just harder on the student athletes in general (not to mention the players' families). Not all sports have the support that the football players have that make all that travel much easier on them.

There won't be a single game for them closer than against Maryland. For football where you travel only 5 times a year and can charter a plane, not a big deal. But for basketball and baseball, and of course all the smaller sports, it'll add up.

View attachment 235546
View attachment 235547
It does complicate things but the money would be worth it. Flight time from MIA to ATL is 2hrs, Mia to Detroit is 3.

Good for $$$, but that is about it. If things go down the way this guy predicts, forget about playing Florida State as a yearly rival anymore. They'll go to the Florida/ND model of once every few years (if that). Plus, travel for the non-revenue sports would be terrible.
If FSU and UF are in the same conference it actually frees up a Non Conference game for both of them. So unless they fully eliminate Non Conference games, UF and FSU being in the SEC is actually more likely to get us all 3 to play each other yearly imo. I mean us 3 being in same conference would be better…

Advertisement
How is that possible? Can’t you get like a VPN app that would help with that?
Yeah maybe I could but that would be very expensive.

ESPN Player is about 80 dollars per year (we have all the ESPN games live and on demand plus ACCN, SECN etc.) all without VPN.

I don’t know if there is a similar thing to watch games on FOX even with VPN.

Used to have a “way” to watch every channel but the guys got busted lol.

Last edited:
Yeah maybe I could but that would be very expensive.

ESPN Player is about 80 dollars per year (we have all the ESPN games live and on demand plus ACCN, SECN etc.) all without VPN.

I don’t know if there is a similar thing to watch games on FOX even with VPN.

Used to have a “way” to watch every channel but they guys got busted lol.

$80 per year is not bad at all

Advertisement

Sounds familiar…

So....???
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Is the current thinking on the board (from insiders) that we're B1G bound? I'm partial to the SEC assuming a move happens (travel for other sports, rivalries, etc...), but the Swaim guy seems to be going in a different direction

Advertisement
Back