MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Phillips had some major missteps (head-scratching declarations + opposing the PO expansion + the Notre Dame/Covid year fiasco) and the ACC probably needed a more aggressive and outside-thinker commissioner like Yormark is, but if the conference is basically a dead man walking it is not his fault. IMHO.

Yep.

He has no answers. But he walked into a situation where he has none because there are none.

Advertisement
Phillips had some major missteps (head-scratching declarations + opposing the PO expansion + the Notre Dame/Covid year fiasco) and the ACC probably needed a more aggressive and outside-thinker commissioner like Yormark is, but if the conference is basically a dead man walking it is not his fault. IMHO.

There was/is no fixing the ACC mess once the B1G and SEC revenues shot way past the long-term ACC deal that doesn't expire until 2036

Advertisement
I have no idea who this guy is, but he's claiming that not only are we about to get an invite to the B1G 10, but the whole ACC is going to be carved up by the B1G, SEC, and B1G 12.

ACC Teams Expected to Leave Conference​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...1&cvid=b59897ef6de147818250351579229f0e&ei=10
I'm not sure how legit he is either but he does have 70k followers on Twitter. It's not just some spam account.

Would love for football to play in the B1G. That's a way more national conference now than the SEC and Miami is a national brand. But it'll be tough on the other sports.

I have no idea who this guy is, but he's claiming that not only are we about to get an invite to the B1G 10, but the whole ACC is going to be carved up by the B1G, SEC, and B1G 12.

ACC Teams Expected to Leave Conference​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...1&cvid=b59897ef6de147818250351579229f0e&ei=10
Like you said, no idea who the guy is, but all those moves make sense to me. B1G wants to expand that market down to FL, GA, NC, and VA. SEC gets big state schools and natural rivalries. Big XII poaches some nice players while expanding their market.

I'm not sure how legit he is either but he does have 70k followers on Twitter. It's not just some spam account.

Would love for football to play in the B1G. That's a way more national conference now than the SEC and Miami is a national brand. But it'll be tough on the other sports.
Other than the two west coast teams, we’re talking, what, another 30 minutes on a plane compared to going to Syracuse and BC? It too terrible and they can group trips, like volleyball playing MN and WI the same weekend.

Also, I noticed he totally left Duke off the tweet. Could totally see them, Cuse, and BC going Big East and finding a smaller conference for football in that scenario. What about Wake?

Other than the two west coast teams, we’re talking, what, another 30 minutes on a plane compared to going to Syracuse and BC? It too terrible and they can group trips, like volleyball playing MN and WI the same weekend.

Also, I noticed he totally left Duke off the tweet. Could totally see them, Cuse, and BC going Big East and finding a smaller conference for football in that scenario. What about Wake?
Yeah but going to Syracuse and BC was for 2 teams only and not even every year.

Now almost every team we play against will be as far as Syracuse and BC and it'll be multiple times a year traveling that far.

The amount of travel will go up significantly which just means more late nights and early mornings, way more money spent on traveling, and just harder on the student athletes in general (not to mention the players' families). Not all sports have the support that the football players have that make all that travel much easier on them.

There won't be a single game for them closer than against Maryland. For football where you travel only 5 times a year and can charter a plane, not a big deal. But for basketball and baseball, and of course all the smaller sports, it'll add up.

1681562537552.png

1681562579397.png

Advertisement
Back