MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

True, but the point was that it was done on the DL.

FSU has to have a suitor to go anywhere. It's fine to say they want to leave, but where are they going? If they had some real options on the table, they wouldn't need to go public and they certainly wouldn't need to advertise that they want to leave the ACC. That's my take at least.
Correct and the reason they don't have a suitor is not b/c no one wants FSU, but the same reason Clemson, Miami, etc don't have suitors... the GoR situation.

And I know the ACC is discussing disproportionate revenue sharing, but if I am one of the ACC teams that would have money taken away from me, why would I agree? Even if FSU, Clemson, Miami etc got more of the share, it is still not going to be equal to what Indiana (or pick your Big10 school) is going to make so you know that those teams getting more revenue are still going to be looking to bail as soon as they can.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Correct and the reason they don't have a suitor is not b/c no one wants FSU, but the same reason Clemson, Miami, etc don't have suitors... the GoR situation.

And I know the ACC is discussing this, but if I am one of the ACC teams that would have money taken away from me, why would I agree? Even if FSU, Clemson, Miami etc got more of the share, it is still not going to be equal to what Indiana (or pick your Big10 school) is going to make so you know that those teams getting more revenue are still going to be looking to bail as soon as they can.

The only way the lesser teams agree to making the shares inequitable would be if they were given something in return. Like ANOTHER extension of the GOR. And we know that's not happening.

I think some are over inflating the GOR. There’ll be parts of it that’ll be very hard to enforce. There’s people far more smarter than us with a much better understanding of the GOR / contracts.

Regardless this is happening, it just might take a tad longer than some expected. As I said “ there’s a reason the Acc is throwing a Hail Mary to Notre Dame“. The clock is ticking and they know it.

Not necessarily true. It's not just football being taken into consideration. I could see a conference wanting to add Cuse for their mens basketball and the academic prestige of the school doesn't hurt. Wake tends to be decent in most sports as well and is another academically prestigious school.
I suppose you’re right, technically, but football is the driving factor in all of this by a wide margin.

Advertisement
This graph has 4 of the 5 top candidates looking for other conferences listed lol

It also shows the steep drop in our viewership compared to FSU as I stated & responded to in the original QP. It further shows the propensity of us being shown on the secondary market that’s NOT nationally televised. The reason those top 3 teams have such a high secondary market viewership compared to us is b/c those secondary markets are still nationally televised.

On the other hand, this graph is a bit misleading b/c Clemson is ranked below us on the secondary market, but that’s due to the greater majority of Clemson’s games being shown on the primary, nationally televised market.

So either way, as I’ve responded to the QP, despite brand recognition which was established from our 2 decades of dominance, we’ve not given networks a product that’s requires placement nationally w/ consistency.

1677531506680.png

Advertisement
It also shows the steep drop in our viewership compared to FSU as I stated & responded to in the original QP. It further shows the propensity of us being shown on the secondary market that’s NOT nationally televised. The reason those top 3 teams have such a high secondary market viewership compared to us is b/c those secondary markets are still nationally televised.

On the other hand, this graph is a bit misleading b/c Clemson is ranked below us on the secondary market, but that’s due to the greater majority of Clemson’s games being shown on the primary, nationally televised market.

So either way, as I’ve responded to the QP, despite brand recognition which was established from our 2 decades of dominance, we’ve not given networks a product that’s requires placement nationally w/ consistency.
were just not the draw we were

Advertisement
FSU is posturing. As another poster said in a different thread, there’s no way they roll the dice and end up with a $300 mil bill to leave the ACC.

The real way to do it is how OU/UT and USC/UCLA did it. Keep it quiet, then boom. You don’t telegraph your punches like that.
Agreed. I think Clemson and FSU going public just reeks of desperation and of the acknowledgement that getting out of the GoR doesn't make sense financially until say 2030 or so. If they had a deal in hand or figured a way to get around the GoR, they would have just done it - like OU/UT and USC/UCLA.

They air their grievances. Hope to scare some in the ACC to go with uneven distribution of funds and maybe get some discussions going with the SEC or Big 10 on how to get out of the GoR. I just don't see it happening for the next 5 years at least.

Does anyone think the ACC has the balls to really roll the dice and actually go on the offensive? Go after the 6 PAC12 teams not being looked at by the Big 12 - Cal, Stanford, the Oregon schools, and Washington schools? Make it a 20 team mega-conference like the Big 10 and SEC are inching toward themselves. Tell ND to get on board for football or they are out in all other sports. With ND on board, maybe be able to get SEC money, without ND, at least get within shouting distance of them?

This may be the only shot the ACC schools have of avoiding a slow, decline into irrelevance due to the GoR making it too cost prohibitive to leave for a while.

Never say anything about the SEC ………………….i Mentioned mentioned BIG 10

PLEASE READ THE STATMENT FIRST BEFORE RESPONDING…… smh
…and I’m saying I completely disagree with your statement. You say they are out of potential B10 realignment. I think that is 100% wrong

Advertisement
…and I’m saying I completely disagree with your statement. You say they are out of potential B10 realignment. I think that is 100% wrong
THE BIG 10 is no longer seek interest in Oregon or Washington…./ end the end we will see about this statement….remember—->

speculation , rumors 😂🤣😂👍🏾

Last edited:
As much as we all hate FSU, they would be more than welcomed into B1G or SEC (minus Florida). They're a blue blood program with massive alumni base.

The issue won't be whether they have a home in one of those two conferences. The issue will be can their broke azzes afford leaving and taking on the penalty.

They're probably going public with this because it makes it a lot easier to leave if the entire ACC disbands. Clemson and FSU going public really forces the smaller programs like Wake Forest, Syracuse, Georgia Tech, and others to get serious. If these guys don't jump at something then there's a good chance they end up in the AAC instead of Big12 or Pac12.

No one wants to be left holding the bag and the likelihood is that it's probably going to be one of those types of programs.
As much as we all hate FSU, they would be more than welcomed into B1G or SEC (minus Florida). They're a blue blood program with massive alumni base.

The issue won't be whether they have a home in one of those two conferences. The issue will be can their broke azzes afford leaving and taking on the penalty.

They're probably going public with this because it makes it a lot easier to leave if the entire ACC disbands. Clemson and FSU going public really forces the smaller programs like Wake Forest, Syracuse, Georgia Tech, and others to get serious. If these guys don't jump at something then there's a good chance they end up in the AAC instead of Big12 or Pac12.
😂 🤣😂🤣

No one wants to be left holding the bag and the likelihood is that it's probably going to be one of those types

Agreed. I think Clemson and FSU going public just reeks of desperation and of the acknowledgement that getting out of the GoR doesn't make sense financially until say 2030 or so. If they had a deal in hand or figured a way to get around the GoR, they would have just done it - like OU/UT and USC/UCLA.

They air their grievances. Hope to scare some in the ACC to go with uneven distribution of funds and maybe get some discussions going with the SEC or Big 10 on how to get out of the GoR. I just don't see it happening for the next 5 years at least.

Does anyone think the ACC has the balls to really roll the dice and actually go on the offensive? Go after the 6 PAC12 teams not being looked at by the Big 12 - Cal, Stanford, the Oregon schools, and Washington schools? Make it a 20 team mega-conference like the Big 10 and SEC are inching toward themselves. Tell ND to get on board for football or they are out in all other sports. With ND on board, maybe be able to get SEC money, without ND, at least get within shouting distance of them?

This may be the only shot the ACC schools have of avoiding a slow, decline into irrelevance due to the GoR making it too cost prohibitive to leave for a while.

Those schools add nothing.

The point is to add schools that grow the size of the pie. ESPN isn’t paying much for most of the PAC 12. By the time you divide it up, the per school pay out would be even less.

Those schools add nothing.

The point is to add schools that grow the size of the pie. ESPN isn’t paying much for most of the PAC 12. By the time you divide it up, the per school pay out would be even less.
The PAC 12 doesn't have a media deal yet (not that it would keep any school that wants to leave there anyway - Oregon & Washington aren't signing a GoR for sure). At least, this would allow the ACC to renegotiate this God awful TV deal. It wouldn't be Big 10/SEC money, but it would be closer than where the Canes are now. If ND's freeloading *** is added, even closer.

Oregon and Washington are pretty **** solid football brands. Again, just an idea because the other option is to fight the GoR with the ACC and since it was created AFTER Maryland left the ACC for Big 10 country, I think it will be pretty **** airtight. Staying stuck for another 5 years or so until the benefits of a conference move outweigh the costs of getting out of the ACC doesn't seem like a good strategy to me, but we'll see.

Advertisement
Back