MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Why would Missouri leave the SEC?
the potential for defection(s) from the SEC exists.. but imo, will not be Missouri
(they've already been denied admission from big10..nothing changed for them since then)

the talking heads already forgot about the folks in college station getting their feathers ruffles recently (it was them that leaked texas/ou to SEC)
..and UF has made it no secret that they desire to remain THE SEC outpost in the state.
if the SEC fails to act prudently... don't be surprised to see texas a&m AND florida both bolt together to the new national big (10) conferemce. (and the big10 will welcome them with open arms)

just adding the 2 LA did get create instability and get "parts" moving for the big10.
i can not see the now national big10 ceding the entire south east to the SEC.
..i do not believe the big10 sees the SEC as "partners"..
imo, outside of ND.. the big10's best ROI on markets happen to inolver poaching the SEC programs in strong markets.
there is no GOR in SEC.. ignoring that there is more money potential in the big10..

but say if there an "insult" (such as SEC Miami and FSU after already adding Texas over TAMU objections)..then we'd see the opportunity.
it would be easier for certain stakeholders to start seeing the big10 conference as more "like minded" and full of their "peer" institutions. (plus more money)

all that said..
imo, is much more likely....
FSU and UM both find a home in big10 (and UNC...and ND)

Advertisement
Heard somewhere yesterday that USC doesn't want UO or any additional west coast schools in the conference. BigTen leadership probably does want additional programs, but it's not as clean for additional western schools as it may seem.
And Texas A&M didn't want Texas and UF will not want FSU or Miami... I have a hard time believing that USC - who is currently not even in the conference - has any leverage to stop the Big10 from adding anyone.

Heard somewhere yesterday that USC doesn't want UO or any additional west coast schools in the conference. BigTen leadership probably does want additional programs, but it's not as clean for additional western schools as it may seem.

I’ll look in to that; first I’ve heard, but definitely don’t doubt it. I’m pretty sure UO has been on SC’s last nerves. Lol

the potential for defection(s) from the SEC exists.. but imo, will not be Missouri
(they've already been denied admission from big10..nothing changed for them since then)

the talking heads already forgot about the folks in college station getting their feathers ruffles recently (it was them that leaked texas/ou to SEC)
..and UF has made it no secret that they desire to remain THE SEC outpost in the state.
if the SEC fails to act prudently... don't be surprised to see texas a&m AND florida both bolt together to the new national big (10) conferemce. (and the big10 will welcome them with open arms)

just adding the 2 LA did get create instability and get "parts" moving for the big10.
i can not see the now national big10 ceding the entire south east to the SEC.
..i do not believe the big10 sees the SEC as "partners"..
imo, outside of ND.. the big10's best ROI on markets happen to inolver poaching the SEC programs in strong markets.
there is no GOR in SEC.. ignoring that there is more money potential in the big10..

but say if there an "insult" (such as SEC Miami and FSU after already adding Texas over TAMU objections)..then we'd see the opportunity.
it would be easier for certain stakeholders to start seeing the big10 conference as more "like minded" and full of their "peer" institutions. (plus more money)

all that said..
imo, is much more likely....
FSU and UM both find a home in big10 (and UNC...and ND)
Not sure about a GOR in the SEC, I was told that they did recently add a GOR as part of their new media agreement ... but they definitely did add an exit penalty of $45 million for any program that leaves. There also MIGHT BE a GOR as part of a new media agreement that goes into effect in 24-25 and runs through 33-34 seasons. The agreement is with the Disney Group (that owns ESPN) and includes programming on ABC, ESPN and the SECN.

I really can’t see B1G adding FSU

If they go to 24, guess ND joins, UNC, UVA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon and Washington. Who heck knows who would be 8th.

Advertisement
And why would USC get literally any say in what the B10 does to further expand? They've been in the conference for zero minutes still lol. What are they gonna do back out?... Let's get real, USC has zero power in stopping Any PAC schools from joining the B10 if they get invited

@Rellyrell and this is why Nebraska needs to be demoted to B12 lol. They’re done.

Swear to god I was thinking this as I was watching.

-Their academics suck
-They bring zero credibility to the B1G, from their AD, except Women Volleyball.
-Their lack of def belongs in the shoot ‘em out B12

Advertisement
B1G gotta have buyer's remorse on Nebraska
But they also need teams to take some Ls. Nebraska sucks, but everyone knows the name. I'm sure they didn't get what theybwantrd when Nevraska first joined, but now, they've joined Maryland, Rutgers, and Northwestern as a filler for Ls.

UC Board of Regents and the Governor's office is going to make this difficult for UCLA. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a deal made where Cal has to get the invite or they block the Bruins. Or the UC Board ruins the whole thing and UCLA is stuck so the B1G just takes private schools in USC and Stanford.

UC Board of Regents and the Governor's office is going to make this difficult for UCLA. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a deal made where Cal has to get the invite or they block the Bruins. Or the UC Board ruins the whole thing and UCLA is stuck so the B1G just takes private schools in USC and Stanford.
There’s not a chance they aren’t going to the big 10. It’s all posturing for cal.

Advertisement
I’ll look in to that; first I’ve heard, but definitely don’t doubt it. I’m pretty sure UO has been on SC’s last nerves. Lol

The big two conferences aren’t going to let individual teams try to dictate future additions to the conference because they get butthurt over regionally rivalries. SEC just proved they don’t give a F by adding TexasAM

Money…… everything is always about money …. Always

No doubt in my mind. They thought they were getting Nebraska of the 80’s/90’s, & they got Nebraska of, well, today.
I still enjoy watching them lose. That 95 OB still angers me but I am crazy like that. I was 12 years old and was the only time i cried that we lost a game. Losing at home was unheard of for me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I still enjoy watching them lose. That 95 OB still angers me but I am crazy like that. I was 12 years old and was the only time i cried that we lost a game. Losing at home was unheard of for me.

I was 13, & yeah, I still remember the collapse. My first cry was Miami v Bama in the Sugar Bowl & I saw it live as a kid w/ my family, who are SEC fans. Probably had like 8 fights that week w/ relatives on the trampoline. Lol

The big two conferences aren’t going to let individual teams try to dictate future additions to the conference because they get butthurt over regionally rivalries. SEC just proved they don’t give a F by adding TexasAM

Money…… everything is always about money …. Always

Oh I agree, but I never even heard SC trying to remotely block UO. I was giving the poster the benefit of the doubt, but I haven’t or seen anything of the such.

No doubt in my mind. They thought they were getting Nebraska of the 80’s/90’s, & they got Nebraska of, well, today.
Yep. They really killed themselves when they fired Solich. Dude took them to their last title game and won at least 9 games/yr after that I believe.

Advertisement
Back