MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Yep. They really killed themselves when they fired Solich. Dude took them to their last title game and won at least 9 games/yr after that I believe.

Yep; there’s a SI article from a Nebraska alum & sports writer speaking on this, & he brought up some valid concerns w/ UCLA & SC creating a seismic shift to the B1G.

Imho, Nebraska needs to humble themselves & go back home to the B12. I believe they can find better success in such a conference, especially w/ UT & OU leaving. I heard some crazy stat from yesterday’s game, & I could be misquoting, but I know I’m not that far off:

Nebraska lost like 7 games last yr by one score. They’ve had leads going into the 4th, but just get mauled where they can’t cross the finish line. Frost’s coaching style is great for the PAC-12, B12, or AAC, not the B1G, SEC, or even ACC. Nebraska is out of place, I mean even their triple option offense screams Big 8/XII, not B1G.

At the end of the day, I would wonder will the B1G kindly push them out, b/c they r bringing nothing to the table, not academically or athletically. They r just a big name from the past.

Edit: & just like that, 247 w/ an article on Frost. Lol

Advertisement
Yep; there’s a SI article from a Nebraska alum & sports writer speaking on this, & he brought up some valid concerns w/ UCLA & SC creating a seismic shift to the B1G.

Imho, Nebraska needs to humble themselves & go back home to the B12. I believe they can find better success in such a conference, especially w/ UT & OU leaving. I heard some crazy stat from yesterday’s game, & I could be misquoting, but I know I’m not that far off:

Nebraska lost like 7 games last yr by one score. They’ve had leads going into the 4th, but just get mauled where they can’t cross the finish line. Frost’s coaching style is great for the PAC-12, B12, or AAC, not the B1G, SEC, or even ACC. Nebraska is out of place, I mean even their triple option offense screams Big 8/XII, not B1G.

At the end of the day, I would wonder will the B1G kindly push them out, b/c they r bringing nothing to the table, not academically or athletically. They r just a big name from the past.

they bring tv and audience

Advertisement

No way they leave that money.

they bring tv and audience

This is a really, really good article regarding Nebraska & viewership. It’s true, they bring viewership, but that viewership has slipped precipitously over the past several yrs, & part of that viewership is based upon the teams they play vs. their brand.

Advertisement
Could you imagine that announcement??

overjoyed-yes.gif

That should answer your question

Advertisement
They may not a have choice if they are "asked" to leave in some form or fashion. I think Relly said it earlier, BIG thought they were getting Tom Osborne's Nebraska but, well, they didnt.

The money they will be getting will help them get back to that.

Advertisement
Yep. They really killed themselves when they fired Solich. Dude took them to their last title game and won at least 9 games/yr after that I believe.
I'm surprised that I haven't heard outsiders claim the same about us and he who shall not be named...

ResizedP_656161a3-2a06-41a9-a93f-06cd97d379cd_12957849925681.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back