MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Advertisement
The per sub rate for B1G on cable in LA went from $.20 pet sub to $4 per cable sub in LA joining the conference. Fewer people have cable but it still makes BANK. Also huge for the Fox O&O station there to have games. It's why I think Ga Tech gets a serious look for an invite, Fox owned and operated station in Atlanta, same with Charlotte for UNC.
in addition to the per month sub is the advertising revenue potential. Even if the number of people in Southern California with cable isn't what it used to be, that is a very strong advertising reach. I haven't seen the numbers, but if only one in five households/bars have cable in the region that is still more people than the population of like half the states in the us individually.

in addition to the per month sub is the advertising revenue potential. Even if the number of people in Southern California with cable isn't what it used to be, that is a very strong advertising reach. I haven't seen the numbers, but if only one in five households/bars have cable in the region that is still more people than the population of like half the states in the us individually.
Yes and live sports pull the highest ad rates of anything on TV

OSU is right to pause. They get very little from adding Oregon and Washington. They all want Notre Dame first and the schools that recruit heavily in Florida are in a wait and see mode on Miami. They would love to play in South Florida every other year for that visibility. Miami prefers the status quo, with the recognition the ACC has a crappy deal and the understanding the status quo can be undone at any moment, in a number of different ways.

Advertisement
How in the **** does the Big 12 minus Oklahoma and Texas have any clout whatsoever versus say the PAC or ACC??

Last I checked the Big 12 is going to be rendered down to a bunch of middle of the road teams not too many people care about…. And… no blue bloods.

Yet they get propped up as close to level with the new Big 10 and SEC??

Make it make sense.

How in the **** does the Big 12 minus Oklahoma and Texas have any clout whatsoever versus say the PAC or ACC??

Last I checked the Big 12 is going to be rendered down to a bunch of middle of the road teams not too many people care about…. And… no blue bloods.

Make it make sense.
Because they weren’t stupid enough to sign a 20 year exclusive TV deal. ESPN lost inventory with the Big Ten, so they want to hang on to the remaining inventory that will soon be coming to market. Sometime it’s more about timing.

Advertisement
B/c they still have OU and TX and can let them out of the league early if they get something in return
Those schools still have very passionate fanbases and lots of viewers.
They aren't going to get anywhere near the amount that the BIG10 and SEC are getting

I am glad ESPN will lose exclusivity on CFB Playoff

Will be interesting if it’s just ESPN and Fox or someone else joins the fun

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back