MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Barry also reported Miami couldn’t afford Manny and Cristobal’s buyouts 🤣 @Cribby and @Boarcane have mentioned a few times Miami is actively working with Clemson to get into the SEC, possibly as early as 2024/2025.
Barry used to be able to offer some occasional worthwhile "insider" nuggets (especially in comparison to the other useless local Canes beat writers). It became abundantly clear starting at the end of Manny's tenure that Barry's sauces were/are some of the old guard BoT members and Fake James so he's essentially worthless on this front now.

Bruce Feldman acting as Mario's media mouthpiece along with the CIS insiders/Mike Ryan (and possibly any Clemson insiders or Dan Patrick with his B1G sauces) are the only people I'm listening to about any of this.

Advertisement
Barry used to be able to offer some occasional worthwhile "insider" nuggets (especially in comparison to the other useless local Canes beat writers). It became abundantly clear starting at the end of Manny's tenure that Barry's sauces were/are some of the old guard BoT members and Fake James so he's essentially worthless on this front now.

Bruce Feldman acting as Mario's media mouthpiece along with the CIS insiders/Mike Ryan (and possibly any Clemson insiders or Dan Patrick with his B1G sauces) are the only people I'm listening to about any of this.
Seemed Feldman holding info longer than some even. Any thoughts why?

Really???

I thought SMD was our local Canes insider in chief.

Seemed Feldman holding info longer than some even. Any thoughts why?
I just don't think Mario is giving him anything yet as he might not have anything concrete to give or want anything out there.

At this point I bet Mario isn't really involved in any of this beyond having had hypothetical discussions with Rad and offering his opinions/preferences.

This is all just me completely guessing though.

Advertisement

For the last 5 years or so Barry would quote an unnamed "NFL Scout" or "NFL football executive" who he would trott out to say that our boys were doo doo and not going to be day one or day two material and I always thought he was speaking with Alonzo Highsmith.

For the last 5 years or so Barry would quote an unnamed "NFL Scout" or "NFL football executive" who he would trott out to say that our boys were doo doo and not going to be day one or day two material and I always thought he was speaking with Alonzo Highsmith.
They were recruited and coached by Manny Diaz, of course they weren’t getting drafted high

I posted on this board around two YEARS ago that Miami would be joining the SEC. I think you were one of the people I was discussing it with, and you had some interesting but off the cuff takes. I also was the first to say that Miami had money, and that we would be getting a stadium. This was before Ruiz. Before any of you had heard of Mas, and our biggest $ accomplishment was the Soffer indoor.

Y’all weren’t ready to hear the facts then. I won’t call anyone out, but I remember a lot of well known posters arguing that my take was bad, that Florida would block us (this was before Texas and OU went SEC). They argued we were a small private school with no money. They said South Florida had no land for stadiums. I wasn’t speaking from a place of ignorance. I was right from the beginning and I am right today.

These things don’t get done overnight, they’ve BEEN in the works. You weren’t ready then, but just hang tight.
Good God. Nice selective memory. You’re not some martyred savant. Let’s bring it back to how you started in that discussion. You were absolutely speaking from a place of ignorance when you were talking about how, if the University of Miami wanted to, they could essentially just tell the government to fûck off and build a stadium on campus regardless of approvals for zoning, environmental, public infrastructure including its funding - like for road improvements - stuff like that.

I know @OriginalCanesCanesCanes remembers.

And on another note, yes the gator does not want either us or Florida State in the SEC competing with them on an equal footing. That’s known. They’re a chicken **** program. They will try to block us if they can along with UGA and USCe vis-a-vis GT and Clemson.

Advertisement
Good God. Nice selective memory. You’re not some martyred savant. Let’s bring it back to how you started in that discussion. You were absolutely speaking from a place of ignorance when you were talking about how, if the University of Miami wanted to, they could essentially just tell the government to fûck off and build a stadium on campus regardless of approvals for zoning, environmental, public infrastructure including its funding - like for road improvements - stuff like that.

And on another note, yes the gator does not want either us or Florida State in the SEC competing with them on an equal footing. That’s known. They’re a chicken **** program. They will try to block us if they can along with UGA and USCe vis-a-vis GT and Clemson.

South Park Randy Marsh GIF by Much

Hey, he's not a construction worker.

Advertisement

Yeah I saw this guy beating his chest in a few posts, and I remember exactly what you said. You’re exactly right. At the time, it made me doubt he had ever even set foot on campus. That’s how bad his take was.

Even the most fervent own-Stadium advocates will tell you there’s zero chance there can be a stadium on campus. Now he’s threatening the pull receipts. He better be careful before the receipts on him get pulled and make him look really bad.

Advertisement
"Three sources briefed by the UM administration said this week that neither the Southeastern Conference nor the Big 10 has offered membership to UM nor shown any serious interest in adding the Hurricanes," Barry Jackson wrote.

With all due respect, Jackson ain't got a clue on this story.

Conferences aren't going to "reach out" to to schools and get caught up in leaks and tampering charges that could provide an opportunity for politicians and administrators from schools getting left behind to derail the process.

These discussions are top secret for a reason and only the SEC and B1G commissioners, the top execs and their negotiators at ESPN and FOX and the top-level administrators at the potential new schools are gonna be involved.

There's a reason why even the Big 12 and Pac-12 commissioners were shocked by the news that Oklahoma and Texas and USC and UCLA were leaving for greener pasture$.

**** is being kept under wraps. Nobody is finding out anything until the ink is dry on the contract.

Advertisement
Back